Throttle Bodies VMAX EFI

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back, Sorry the previous pics have disappeared. Have been doing some work on my site, rearranged a few folders and the links are no longer there. Don't have the time to go back and edit the the posts. We won't be needing them any longer anyway.

Linkage is pretty much compete... some very minor adjustments are needed and since things have become dynamic there's need for a short video. So here's the linkage in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUoTIRR7sEw

I would like to thank you for all the R&D time you have spent on this project and sharing this info. I wish i had your skills.

everything looks great. cant wait to see it completed.

I would like to thank you for all the R&D time you have spent on this project and sharing this info. I wish i had your skills.

everything looks great. cant wait to see it completed.

Thank You! I can't wait myself, there's going to be a lot of goodies that go with our EFI setup. Any requests?

This might seem stooopid but is it going to be tuneable
Street vs Track???
Thanks

No questions stupid. Actually that is a good one. Mark is really working hard in the back round right now setting up the ECU. The first setup will be based around the 600 TB's using a completely stock VMAX with a Mark's Performance exhaust. The mission is to squeeze every bit of horsepower out of the bike and make it a pleasant all round driver. So the average guy that has a setup doesn't have to do anything but put it on and ride. We may be able to actually improve fuel mileage.

!'m setting up the 600, 1000 and Hayabusa TB's... the larger throttle bodies aimed at helping people with large displacement/modified engines. The ECU is completely tunable and as we progress we'll be able to post fuel map/timing advance setups based on our experience, and hopefully additional info provided by owners of the system.

The ECU we're using is very deep in terms of feature content and is capable of running 1000+ HP boosted and NOS cars. It has the basic controls for those power enhancements built into the ECU.

Last edited:
Ok... time for an update. Mark is doing real good at mounting up and wiring the ECU. So we decided it would be best if I were to work on the cam sensor end of the project. Doing so would enable him to do further electrical tests. So here's some pics of the cam sensor completed. We decided to use the Hayabusa cam sensor. Now I can get back to working on the fuel rails which are pretty much detailed. Need to do some CNC programing and should have them ready for the machine to cut next weekend.

Sensor1.jpg

Sensor2.jpg

:drool: That looks great guys! I predict you will sell a few of those. In fact I think I'm going to start burying more/ bigger mason jars in a new area of the lawn just for this mod. :thumbs up:

I like it, it's just going to suck if you have to pull the valve cover later since there is hardly any room now lol.

Sean

I like it, it's just going to suck if you have to pull the valve cover later since there is hardly any room now lol.

Sean

Shouldn't be a problem... 2 screws, you pull the sensor. Actually the boss it sits on will be milled a little further down. Still need to adjust the air gap to the pin on the cam.

Damn Gary, that is some very nice custom work your doing - can't wait to see the finished product.

Keep up the great work!

Mike

Thanks Guys,

I can see the top of the hill! Won't be long now. Glad I'm not smart enough to realize how much work goes into doing one of these projects before I start. The hard part for the mechanicals is pretty much complete. As Sean has indicated, there isn't a whole lot of room to anything on the VMAX... fights ya all the way.

I'm trying to keep the number of parts for the mod low... for cost reasons and to keep it clean. Originally tried to do a clamp on type cam sensor, but decided that it would not be a good idea. The timing of the trigger can be confusing! So the cam sensor will require that the cam be removed for the pin install. For the average guy who'd like to tackle the EFI install himself ... he could simply send me the intake cam for the mod along with his valve cover. Might be a good time to do some polishing or coating with the covers.

The good news is... We will have a true sequentially fire'd... full engine management EFI setup. Mark and I are pretty confident at this point. That Haltech ECU unit is loaded with goodies! Of course can't wait to put a turbo on top of this setup.

I agree totally, thanks for the work and time and cost and.... I don't know if I will be able to afford this mod, but I want to, badly. Thanks again. If you ever get a chance to describe what will be in the "kit" please do. For example, will we need to track down sensors and throttle bodies and the ecu, or will that be part of the kit?

I agree totally, thanks for the work and time and cost and.... I don't know if I will be able to afford this mod, but I want to, badly. Thanks again. If you ever get a chance to describe what will be in the "kit" please do. For example, will we need to track down sensors and throttle bodies and the ecu, or will that be part of the kit?

Thank You,

Ya know I really have given it little thought. Been so consumed with just getting the prototype up and running. As mentioned early on... the end user will have the ability to run just about any TB Suzuki makes. What we're concentrating on, is a bolt on setup for a completely stock Max with a pipe of course.

The TB's are easily had through your local bone yard or Ebay. Once we feel comfortable with the setup we'll start buying up the 600's. There will be quite a bit of rework to them on my part as you can see. Wouldn't have a problem with someone supplying the parts you mentioned. By hunting them down your self, you may save some money. We will have all of the parts available as a complete kit.

We're real close to firing up the prototype. By close... I mean about a month from now. That's the dead line I've given myself, Mark is patiently awaiting parts and testing electronic components. Once we do that, I'll get pricing on the details and work out the logistics of the kit. The goal is to come up with an affordable kit using high quality components. We're pretty confident we can do that.

Agreed, its too early to give any realistic price on anything. As we progress, we are getting a better idea. For sure, it will be MUCH cheaper than anything we are aware of currently available. Also of note is that we will have fully programmable ignition control with MANY different setups that can be done to suit the end user which can easily be sourced from existing OEM applications(IE: Cheap). As far as i know, none of the available EFI setups have ignition control. I don't believe even the WildBros setup has it?
Gary has had the most labor intensive part of the deal. He is a perfectionist as well, so he has created that much more work for himself...much to EVERYONES benifit! Thanks Gary!
Here is a lil update on my end:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=6546&page=9

Thanks for your continued hard work and progress! The project photos show high quality work and a well thought out setup. :thumbs up:

I wasn't trying to find a cheaper way around it, I was just wondering if it was to be a complete bolt-on type of kit. It sounds great though and I hope my financial aid department approves this expense.

I wasn't trying to find a cheaper way around it, I was just wondering if it was to be a complete bolt-on type of kit. It sounds great though and I hope my financial aid department approves this expense.
No worries, Gary was'nt thinking that.
What we started out wanting to do is make a kit that was within reach for most all(in as much as other HP goodies like Flatslides). The next thing was that we wanting something that was installable for most everyone. The way we are putting this together, it will be available in about any form the end user wishes. Complete, plug-n-play or in as many parts and pieces one chooses. That is not the case with ANY other setup out there. Lastly, we wanted it to be easy/cheap to upgrade(IE larger TB's for that 1500 motor your putting in). The same ECU will handle about ANYTHING you can dream up(Turbo/Supercharging/Dry nitrous/Wet nitrous/NA big motor,NA w/ Ram Air... etc).

Update... Been real busy at work. Have most of the CNC machine programming completed for the TB's. Haven't had time to do any machining. This weekend I did have the time to machine the fuel rails. Still a bit of work to do... but minor stuff like stand offs and finish machining of the end of the rails for the AN threads. I'm really liking the way it's setup now. Anyway here's some pics. Should have the complete fuel rail setup with lines etc. by weeks end.

proto6.jpg

proto4.jpg

proto3.jpg

proto2.jpg

proto5.jpg

proto2.jpg

proto1.jpg

Update... Been real busy at work. Have most of the CNC machine programming completed for the TB's. Haven't had time to do any machining. This weekend I did have the time to machine the fuel rails. Still a bit of work to do... but minor stuff like stand offs and finish machining of the end of the rails for the AN threads. I'm really liking the way it's setup now. Anyway here's some pics. Should have the complete fuel rail setup with lines etc. by weeks end.

proto6.jpg

proto4.jpg

proto3.jpg

proto2.jpg

proto5.jpg

proto2.jpg

proto1.jpg

I'll take one please,thank you send me a paypal invoice,ok,bye-bye now.:worthy:

Back