Thunder in the Valley

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
I'm planning it again this year. Probably camping. Kathy will probably stay home this time, so I'll be able to travel light enough to tane the Max this time.

Maybe we can get a group of forum members out there this year...

Have been talking to Kelvin Lane about doing a large group ride somewhere on Friday. Any of the locals have an idea of a place that is of interest, besides the Flight 93 Memorial (we visit that every year as well)?

route 30 is nice they have the giant windmills up,I am thinking about a ride but last time i did some guys started bitching about the ride to long to short and not enough turns,so i said F@$&k it,and havent done 1 for a few yrs ,so what i may do is map it out get copys and whoever wants to go the can go at there pace and own time. JIM

I hear you Jim! What I am thinking is that I would put together, with some assistance mind you, several options for folks to go out on rides. Some will not go on any rides, some want really short rips around, and others will want a longer ride. Figured I might give you a shout and see what landmarks etc. are within reasonable riding distance and we can go from there.

Jim,

I am thinking that on Friday we can do our normal breakfast ride, go the the Flight 93 Memorial, and those of us that want to can go and catch Hwy 30 and go from there. I have actually been entertaining the idea of riding to Gettysburg on 30 as I would like to visit the battlefield. If I decide to head that way I will see who would like to go. Know that it is a solid 2hrs each way so could make for a long day, but what the hell:biglaugh:

Heres a couple more ideas for you Jim...

You could take a ride to Mt davis, it's the highest point in pennsylvania 3,213 ft. and it's about 56 miles from johnstown http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/151425/mount-davis.html

or maybe ohiopyle state park/ seven springs/ confluence is a nice ride also.

Thanks for the ideas Bill!! I know that more than a few guys are getting bored with how the VMOA has run the meet at Thunder. I am hoping to inject some new things for us to do and places for us to visit. We have 2 days for those of us who will be arriving fairly early Thursday to go out and do some riding if we want.

Looks like another short trip (less than an hour one way from Somerset) would be the Frank Lloyd Wright Falling Water house. Are there any other design nerds out there?

Looks like another short trip (less than an hour one way from Somerset) would be the Frank Lloyd Wright Falling Water house. Are there any other design nerds out there?
I'd go to see that Trev if I was going to Thunder! I'd love to see it up close, FLW was such a creative designer.

Maybe Thursday afternoon? Or Friday, I am up for any trip that folks would like to take.:eusa_dance:

Can't say that I am a design nerd by any stretch of the imagination but I went on a short weekend trip to NYC this summer and visited the Guggenheim as part of the adventure. It was a spur of the moment thing with no planning involved but turned out great anyways!

They had an extensive exhibit showcasing Frank Lloyd Wright's work. It was quite amazing to see all the different things he and done and amazing ideas. I really enjoyed seeing the projects development from a rough draft phase to a final drawing phase to a scaled model phase. His designs were quite unique and many of them would be considered high-tech or futuristic still to this day. I lack the knowledge to discuss his work in an intellectual way but I can say, COOL STUFF! :biglaugh:

Thanks Bill i did that ride and it is beautiful but i think it will take to long to do something like that , i was thinking something a lil shorter,in the past nobody want to commit most of the day to 1 ride and i cant blame them alot to due at thunder and some people travel . JIM

Can't say that I am a design nerd by any stretch of the imagination but I went on a short weekend trip to NYC this summer and visited the Guggenheim as part of the adventure. It was a spur of the moment thing with no planning involved but turned out great anyways!

Spur of the moment trips are always the best!:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back