Took a Harley for a ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other then the missing 2 cylinders and subsequent lack of power.

Sean

did you take it off the trailer. or just tow it around for a while ? LMAO
(sorry, after seeing the pic. it had to be asked)

Nice Bike Kyle. A close friend crashed one a few months ago. 103 CID, 117.53 RWHP and 115. xx Torque...

You guys should see the All Harley Drags sometime... Some run over 200 in the quarter mile.. Don't get me
wrong, I love my VMax's but there are Harleys that'd put an ass whoopin on us...:rofl_200:

You guys should see the All Harley Drags sometime... Some run over 200 in the quarter mile.. Don't get me
wrong, I love my VMax's but there are Harleys that'd put an ass whoopin on us...:rofl_200:

There is nothing 'Harley-Davidson' about those drag bikes besides sharing the V-twin configuration. To say that there are some 'Harleys' that can beat a V-Max when comparing our bikes to dedicated V-Twin drag bikes, is akin to saying that there are some Chevy Impalas that can put an ass whoopin' on Ferrari's, because of the ones that race with NASCAR.

did you take it off the trailer. or just tow it around for a while ? LMAO
(sorry, after seeing the pic. it had to be asked)
It was a joke thta is why I put the picture there. I am suprised Sean did not catch it right off the bat. I towed it sround on the trailer I do not ride customer bikes after they are paid for they sit safely in my workshop.

Summer of 73' my friend Bill and I rode from Davis up to Auburn in my 70 LS-6 El Camino. It was the first beautiful spring day. There were 23 Harley's along the side of the interstate. They were not enjoying the view. Harley has come a long ways since then. LOL the good old days. Rand

Nice Bike Kyle. A close friend crashed one a few months ago. 103 CID, 117.53 RWHP and 115. xx Torque...

you can make anything fast with enough money.

There is nothing 'Harley-Davidson' on those drag bikes besides sharing the V-twin configuration. To say that there are some 'Harleys' that can beat a V-Max when comparing our bikes to dedicated V-Twin drag bikes, is akin to saying that there are some Chevy Impalas that can put an ass whoopin' on Ferrari's, because of the ones that race with NASCAR.
The Nascar driver better pick carefully where it races and which Ferrari it chooses to race.:biglaugh:

I'd run my $3500.00 Vmax against any $3500.00 Harley!:biglaugh:

Last edited:
Heretic: I knew I could stir up some shit...:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:It's too calm with nobody gone....:confused2:

That's pretty much the only way to have a trouble free HD "ride"...is if the HD is riding something else. You know the joke about the most common accessory for a HD is a trailer? It's not that much of a joke.

Everyone here should ride a HD at least once, because it will give you a whole new appreciation for a bike that wasn't built by redneck cousin-pokers in Milwaukee. You take things like powerful brakes, a solid ride, and minimal vibration for granted. Harleys stupid common pin twins shake like a giant chrome dildo at idle, even with rubber mounts. The brakes use plywood for pads. Suitable for relocating members of the Officially Licensed and Endorsed lifestyle around town between biker bars where they can show off their totally original straight pipes and handlebar tassles they stole off a 5 year old girl's bike. But for anyone who expects more than an expensive way to turn money into noise, it's pretty much the worst thing on two wheels.

But really...after only a 15 minute ride on the HD, when I got back on my Magna, it felt like an infinitely better, faster machine, despite being 20 years older and having 1/3 the displacement.

I guess I was stirring up crap this is really a nice bike just not for me. Harley's have came a long way they are a lot more dependable than they used to be now that most of the parts are foreign.

Back