top speed of your vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen 140 or so, had plenty left but running out of road. Perfectly smooth, I might add, I don't seem to suffer the oh so common wobble a lot of guys comment on. I routinely light my shiftlight (8800rpm) at around 125 and let it go a bit further when I hit the highway on my way to work, and that's plenty for me.

Nice video, now I just need a spanner wrench and some jackstands ( no center stand ), no way am i taking a hammer to my Max.

You dont need a spanner wrench, I just used an adjustable wrench and tested the tightness as Sean states in the video. As to no center stand, I have a car 2 ton jack that works like a charm to lift it up.

You dont need a spanner wrench, I just used an adjustable wrench and tested the tightness as Sean states in the video. As to no center stand, I have a car 2 ton jack that works like a charm to lift it up.

Where are the bike do you set your jack to lift? Will the Oil Pan hold up if I use a car jack with a couple 2x4's?

Where are the bike do you set your jack to lift? Will the Oil Pan hold up if I use a car jack with a couple 2x4's?

I put a 2x4 between the header pipes on the oil pan. It should be fine. Just make sure you slowly lift up the front end so it can sway slightly to do the adjustment.

Im a big guy (245+lbs) and stock it would go to around 210 kph then creep very slowly to about 225 kph. after pipes, jets and intake it pulls VERY hard to 240 kph and then i got a lil bit scared... lol. im sure i could put the needle to pin (260 kph), maybe with a small windscreen and a fresh pair of gotch, but thats for another day...

peace

Bill, if you are coming to the Michigan VMOA @ Three Rivers on July 8/9/10 I will bring my spanner wrench with me so we can adjust your headset bearings.
Damon will be there as well so we'll have a guru to look over our shoulder to make sure we are doing it properly.:biglaugh:

I plan to be there, still hoping someone will send me the agenda since it doesnt seem to be posted anywhere.

I PM'd Brain Nash on VMOA but no reply as of yet.

I plan to be there, still hoping someone will send me the agenda since it doesnt seem to be posted anywhere.

I PM'd Brain Nash on VMOA but no reply as of yet.
Here is the info Bill, copied from the VMOA section named "Regional Events & News".

"July 8,9,10. 2011

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
1211 W. Broadway
Three Rivers, Michigan 49093
(269) 273 8100

Due to the uncooperative reception at Econo Lodge in Paw Paw the event will not be held there this year. The other two hotels are already booked that weekend.
The new location this year will be in Three Rivers Michigan at the America's Best Value Inn.
[URL="http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/"]www.americasbestvalueinn.com[/URL]
I have 10 rooms blocked off.
The rate is $62.50 per night.

I am working on a couple of special things for this years event due to the late change in scheduling. The routes will be different at the least. The hotel is just off of US 131 hwy in Three Rivers. The place we had lunch on Saturday during last years event is just a few blocks away from the hotel. There are also other hotels there as well.

There is also a Super-8 and a Holiday Inn Express. The rates are higher and there are limited rooms.

Brian Nash
#907"

Thanks for the info Brian, looking foreward to meeting and getiing some riding in with you!...............................Tom.

I've had my max to 155mph (according to my buddy beside me in his Z06 but I've also had my V65 Magna to 160mph and my buddy's hayabusa to 195mph I wanted 200 mph but ran out of road. The Vmax desperately needs a sixth gear. Or at least a gear indicator!! Then I could stop trying to shift into a higher gear on the highway. Ed

Here is the info Bill, copied from the VMOA section named "Regional Events & News".

"July 8,9,10. 2011

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
1211 W. Broadway
Three Rivers, Michigan 49093
(269) 273 8100

Due to the uncooperative reception at Econo Lodge in Paw Paw the event will not be held there this year. The other two hotels are already booked that weekend.
The new location this year will be in Three Rivers Michigan at the America's Best Value Inn.
[URL="http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/"]www.americasbestvalueinn.com[/URL]
I have 10 rooms blocked off.
The rate is $62.50 per night.

I am working on a couple of special things for this years event due to the late change in scheduling. The routes will be different at the least. The hotel is just off of US 131 hwy in Three Rivers. The place we had lunch on Saturday during last years event is just a few blocks away from the hotel. There are also other hotels there as well.

There is also a Super-8 and a Holiday Inn Express. The rates are higher and there are limited rooms.

Brian Nash
#907"

Yeah I saw that Brian, I was looking for the daily agenda if there is one, like was posted for Thunder, Ride Times, Dyno times, etc etc.

Back to topic

Hit 260km/h on the clock @ 9000ish RPMs with Grizzly with more juice to go but i was getting tired and i had my fingernails dug in the handlebar (i was with my chin laying on the tank so couldn't focus the tachometer very well).

1300cc bore with Carrillo and JE

Fast enough to get me in trouble. :)

I can get in trouble on anything. 71 in 35 and 55 in 50 on the same day on a seca 750(1988). First and Last tickets I've gotten on a motorcycle, but lots and lots more on 4 wheels.

Oh and sorry for the complete derailment LOL.

55 in a 50..........Either the officer was in a foul mood or he hadn't reached his quota.........................:ummm:

55 in a 50..........Either the officer was in a foul mood or he hadn't reached his quota.........................:ummm:

Same officer that got me earlier in the day and i was hard on the brakes when he pegged me there. Was about 3 miles from where he got me the first time maybe 2 hours later. I was having a really shitty week, My dad had been killed in a car wreck the day before and I probably shouldnt have been riding at all.

I have a stock 04....and the most I have dared is 120...but I am a puss. Thought my gun might blow out of my holster don't you know...

Back