top speed run !!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
They just finished a 10 mile run of double highway leading out of town. The bike felt really good. I quickly zoomed it up to 160, stayed there for a little bit, then tried 180 to see how it handled. Then I looked straight ahead and pinned it! The bike was screamin,and and i was moovin.No wobble, no nothing.And it felt good!! and was still pulling hard!! let of the wick and glanced at the speedo...233 kms 144mph:eusa_dance:
I thought there was suppose to be some sort of speed sensor to slow these things down. This bike had power on tap left at that speed.! It would of climbed higher, but I WAS DONE! Thats plenty good. I just had to find out....I still havent and probibly wont, not interested in trying it again.The road was perfect, the wind was perfect , the temperature good, 68 degrees,and all went well. That doesnt happen often. So I will have to say 144+ mph.

Last edited:
240-245kmh that what most stockers get at the absolute maximum.

With stock gearing speed at 9500rpm shpuld be around 246-247kmh.
Holy crap..247 ?Well sir, I'm gonna take your word for it LOL Thats my best attempt and only attempt.

Well v-max was not made for high speeds.
Areodynamicly like a school bus :biglaugh:

I hit 260kmh but my bike is monkey modified. Im not sure if I ever do it again.

Not to disappoint, but the speedo at that speed is as accurate as wetting your finger and putting it in the stream of air to determine speed... lol

Chris

I haven't been here for awhile, but the fastest I've ever got my stock Vmax to go was 155 mph, and that was going down hill. In stock form, as you guys know already, the Vmax should red line around 147-148 mph. With differant gearing, a person could get a higher top speed for sure. Lastly, my elevation is around 5,000', so the Vmax has a hard time breathing to began with, just my two cents worth of babbling.

With the Venture drive, I've been to 145 and was showing around 88-8900 RPM's. Lit the 9200 shift light at 135 in fourth.

I've run the speedo against a GPS and mine isn't bad now with new tires. 75 indicated is like 74 on GPS. 100 indicated was between 98-99. 120 indicated was showing between 117 and 118. Didn't try any faster holding a little Game Boy-esque thing in my left hand....so even at my best of 145 indicated, assume a max of about 5mph of error based on the trend.

However, with my old, worn out tires, the difference was more drastic. 75 indicated was only 72 actual. 100 indicated was about 95.

Still, my Magna had the king of optimistic speedo's. 75 indicated was actually about 68, and 100 indicated was only about 90.

Not to disappoint, but the speedo at that speed is as accurate as wetting your finger and putting it in the stream of air to determine speed... lol

Chris

I was curious about that. But hey, the needle moved up to that line, woohoo:punk:

Well v-max was not made for high speeds.
Areodynamicly like a school bus :biglaugh:

I hit 260kmh but my bike is monkey modified. Im not sure if I ever do it again.

All the times I have run my max up to maximum speed I was much more concerned with the tach reading than the speedo. My speedo read right about 150 MPH but it was out of my periferal vision. 90 MPH is where I hit boost range so I will do throttle pins at about that speed up to redline. I found this to be quite a rush and the max does not lose ANY momentum in 5th gear. Its a good idea to work your way up to the top speed so you are smooth when you get it up there.

While the max is aerodynamically challenged there is a massive benefit to having the small wind screen on the bike when running fast. Obviously you tuck in and put your head down. With the screen on it puts the wind right on top of your helmet if your chest is on the faux tank. I have tried it both ways and screen on is much better IMO. As well I found the bike more stable at top speed with the screen on.

All the times I have run my max up to maximum speed I was much more concerned with the tach reading than the speedo. My speedo read right about 150 MPH but it was out of my periferal vision. 90 MPH is where I hit boost range so I will do throttle pins at about that speed up to redline. I found this to be quite a rush and the max does not lose ANY momentum in 5th gear. Its a good idea to work your way up to the top speed so you are smooth when you get it up there.

While the max is aerodynamically challenged there is a massive benefit to having the small wind screen on the bike when running fast. Obviously you tuck in and put your head down. With the screen on it puts the wind right on top of your helmet if your chest is on the faux tank. I have tried it both ways and screen on is much better IMO. As well I found the bike more stable at top speed with the screen on.

Thats why I run with DYNA 3000, 9,5k rpm rev limiter reminds me when to let go.
Couple of times I hit 12k rpms!!! while I was not watching at the tacho! LOL

I have KOSO digital speedo, hall sensored, and It can be set very precisely with tyre circumfernice(1mm). Checked with the GPS readings, no error.
Also using match or RPM/SPEED calculators, when the bike is on the lift
I can see on what rpm's my current speed is.
I have speedo sensor on the rear wheel.
So this is very precisley, no error I guess.

I use to run with OEM mini windscreen but, Im a bit tall guy and for me It was worse. I sold that screen.
I use to had "air blast" right into my head and I was not happy laying on the faux tank.

I have some diffrent body parts on my bike.
Not much change from the scoops but a BIG change with radiator side panels.
They creating some kind of air channels on the both sides, close to my knees.
I can feel the air flowing on my legs, whan I hold tight my legs close to the scoops It seems to be much better. Maybe an improvment or maybe just my imagination.

191mph Topeka dyno.
Well, on dyno.

Sean's 5th overdrive?

Just thought I'd share my experience from highspeed on my max 3 years ago

Max is running pretty much stock with ozzo rear sets (tucks legs in nicely) V-boost controller, stainless pipes and laser cans (muffled :( ) splitfire plugs and no air filter just the box! and bottom spoiler

At the time I was 19 had the bike about a month, decided to see what speed I could reach, so finding the right road was the hardest other than the motorway (I'm in the UK)

Any way found the road and pulled the throttle boost set at 3000rpm, managed to watch the speedo up to 110mph, then was too scared to look at it, just staring dead ahead, the bike kept going n going then... SPEED WOBBLE!

Well I shit myself and never heard about speed wobble, so I let off the revs n started slowing down with the wobble still going, i passed a harley we made eye contact n his eyes said 'your gonna die!' mine said 'I think so too!'

Decided to pull the throttle again and WAHEY! Wobble was gone, then loosing speed I looked at the speedo 140mph! So as to what speed I reached I can only go by what I felt with wind resistance so was easily 150mph with how long i was slowing down. as for anymore I think so but no proof so I'll leave it at that

When at the speed of ***mph I was in 5th with the throttle about half open and could feel max with more in it to keep going

Well I'd never dealt with wobble nevermind hear about it, so I do consider myself very lucky to have learnt it 20 secs and here to tell the story!

Latest posts

Back