Toronto Motorcylcle show

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Toronto Bike show:

My first bike show and my first meeting with the VMOA. Where to start? It was a blast! I had trouble at first linking names to faces - as I am used to internet handles and I was trying to figure out who was who.

The guys from the VMOA were all top shelf. Great bunch of guys - and I am looking forward to participating as much as I can this summer in the rides / events.

Brads hospitality was also awesome - after show-rums and pre-show coffees! Also his wife some delicious sausage / pork things in little wraps! Soo good! Him and Tyler were a hoot to drive up with. Real funny guys.

I was surprised at the amount of attention the Vmaxes brought in. Unreal. When I was sitting at the front booth it was a steady stream of guys coming in and chatting up the Vmax. Either stories from their own maxes - or stories of maxes they encountered along the roads.
We even had a 70 year old chap who had been riding his max since 1985 and currently owns a 2009. Talk about die hard!

I learned a lot about my own max. I am also looking forward to getting together this spring with some of the local guys and getting greasy with all the mods / tuning I'd like to do.

So - here's a few pics of the show (mainly featuring Veronica ;) )

IMG_5870.jpg

IMG_5872.jpg

IMG_5873.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

IMG_5875.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

IMG_5877.jpg

IMG_5878.jpg

IMG_5879.jpg

IMG_5882.jpg

Other show highlights :

1.) Got me a ME 880 170 fatty w/ matching front for a great price and

2.) ZETS. Classic greek steak / burger joint. Awesome eats.

IMG_5885.jpg

IMG_5886.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

First off I would like to thank the following folks for helping with the show:

Trevor, Brad, Dale, Rob, Gary, Tyler, and Billy

Without the help of the membership this show would not have been nearly as successful as it was. There is a ton of work that goes into organizing, transporting bikes and accessories, set up, manning, and setting up for the show. These guys really helped me make this happen!!

I would also like to extend a thanks to Brian and John from Yamaha Canada for the loan of a 2009 (Vmax # 00000001 in Canada) Vmax for our booth. It definitely was a hit with folks

This show was probably the best yet for our Chapter and our display was WAY beyond what we have had in the past. The show even decided that the Vmax deserved a class all to ourselves for the custom bike show. Just goes to show that the Vmax is in a class by itself as bikes are concerned!

Here are a couple of pics from the show, incuding the guys getting their awards!!

Attachments

• IMG_9716.jpg
    IMG_9716.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9721.jpg
    IMG_9721.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9722.jpg
    IMG_9722.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9723.jpg
    IMG_9723.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9747.jpg
    IMG_9747.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9727.jpg
    IMG_9727.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9762.jpg
    IMG_9762.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9763.jpg
    IMG_9763.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9764.jpg
    IMG_9764.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9765.jpg
    IMG_9765.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 38
Thanks to you and the guys for great "coverage" of the show. The booth looked great with all the Vmax's in there. Toxic looks great with the lighted cases, really give Toxic that over the top look. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:
So what did you guys do with the motor that was on the appliance cart?

Re: Toronto Motorcycle show

You'd be surprised how many people just stood and looked at that engine. It was a real great conversation piece. (Gary's engine)

Tranny job was supposed to occur but never happened. Didn't quite have the right setup to get it done.

Dale #2592

Yeah, I had two very small leaks which were a complete pain in the butt!! When I assembled the bike the shop I was in was a bit on the chilly side so it didn't show any leaks there. Once I got to the show and the bike warmed up they reared their ugly heads. Fortunately both are VERY easy fixes, just not ones I could do there. The waterpump cover leaks a wee bit from the o-ring, it would seem that it may have shrunk over time or (most likely) I pinched it when assembling. As for the oil leak, just let me say that you should ALWAYS check ALL bolts, no matter how small, to make sure that they are tight. When installing the clear cover inserts I thought I had tightened all the bolts, but alas I missed one and it just happened to be the BOTTOM one. It was weeping a small amount of oil for most of the weekend, but stopped towards the end. If I had turned over the engine it would have filled the filter etc. and the leak would have stopped. Will take some time next week to fix both leaks and a minor electrical glitch.

Hey Jim!

Grats on the prize!

Also - what a hoot the weekend was! You can count me in for as many rides as scheduling permits this season!

Hey Jim!

Grats on the prize!

Also - what a hoot the weekend was! You can count me in for as many rides as scheduling permits this season!

Thx buddy! The prize money was nice, only paid $30 for my Battery Tender Plus instead of $80:eusa_dance: For those who don't know here is the order of the awards handed out for the show bikes (note that 4 out of 5 of us are here on this forum)

5th: Billyboy
4th: Tfisher65
3rd: B. Cornish
2nd: Veebooster
1st: TheVmaxrider...... more like Toxic:biglaugh:

Will keep you informed of the ride schedule as it firms up. For sure the first ride will be the Spring Icebreaker June 4-6th in Simcoe, Ontario.

Was it really a fair competition Jim? :biglaugh:

You have a ton of coin in that ride my friend! Looks great.

To be honest I thought the same thing, even told a couple of the guys that I truly felt that it was not right of the show to put us all together. Not to sound pompous or cocky, but you are correct in that I have a ton of coin in mods on my bike and it was/is a radical custom. I will say that both of the gents I talked to understood my feelings on the matter, but both also said something that was bang on. It is really up to the personal preferences of the judges as to which bike wins. They may not necessarily like a modded out bike and prefer a clean looking one like Veebooster's over mine. As much as I feel kind of low about the win, it also shows me that all the work, time, and of course $$$$$ did pay off, at least this time LOL.

Cool pics Jim!

Toxic looks awsome!

Im sorry to heard about the leaks, hope you will fix them easly.
I hope also that those leaks are not my fault LOL :biglaugh:

Also those body panels looks marvelous, we both know what is good :D

Ahhhhh Blaine, wondered when you would open your mouth about this. Maybe you could actually show up to St. Thomas next year and report back? Oh wait you won't that's right.

For more info from folks who were actually in attendance and know what happened please read: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8703

Why so defensive? I just made a reference to an upcoming event and if you smoke everyone in 2010 I'm sure I'll hear about it, right?!

I also don't generally attend car races or motocross, motogp, or even competitive hill-climbing events. My appearance or absence at such events is irrelevant to the outcome. Occasionally, I do appreciate reading/hearing about any of these events and if the information is interesting I may choose to make a comment.

Blaine

Back