triple-tree front stand for 2003 V-Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZMAX2003

Reaction score
Hi, I'm about to work on my forks and want to raise the bike with a pair of front/rear stands.
Several forum searches and half a dozen calls to local bike shops have not turned up a make and model for a suitable front stand to raise a 2003 V-Max by the triple-tree.
Customer service at Pit Bull confirmed that their stands only fit '08 and later models.
Does anyone know of a quality stand that fits the bill and that is not custom-built?
Thanks in advance, Z

Does your bike sport engine guards and a center stand? Most of us usually put a pair of car axle stands under the engine guards while on its center stand.

You can also, if you have, put a flat jack under the exhaust headers, the are double-walled and very strong, and our Sean Morley has jacked gazillions of Vmaxs this way without any problem.

Attachments

• P1030511.jpg
    P1030511.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 33
No guards and no center stand. Flat jack may be my best option... until I have to remove the exhaust pipes.

No guards and no center stand. Flat jack may be my best option... until I have to remove the exhaust pipes.

Jack or lift may be your only way.

Im riding without a central stand but I am always keeping it in my garage as its very helpfull.

Id say feel free to lift the bike on the pipes, as far those are stock pipes, as many guys doing like that here.

Im not sure about aftermarket pipes, my Marks 4-2-1 will not hold that.

You can rest the bike on the frame if the exhausts are removed.

Good point.

The bike came to me without a center stand and I will have to have a closer look at the aftermarket pipes. At first glance, it almost looks like the center stand may have been removed in order to put the new pipes in.

I'll start doing some research on jacks and, if I can afford them, lifts.

Thanks everyone.
Z

I've been jacking up on about every brand out pipe out there and haven't had one cave in yet.

Sean

I've been jacking up on about every brand out pipe out there and haven't had one cave in yet.

Sean

+1 I've lifted my bike up on the Kerkers many a time and even left it in the air for about a week with no leakage or any issues.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 16
Back