Turn Signal Question...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-cman

Alien Abductee
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the correct category so please move if not.

Has anyone put a set of stock front signals on the rear to get running lights in addition to turn signals? If so, did they work properly or were there mods required? (Load equalizer?).

Thanks.

Don

VMOA # 782
1997 Vmax
1968 Triumph TR650R
1975 Honda CB550F
2004 Suzuki 1200 Bandit

Has anyone put a set of stock front signals on the rear to get running lights in addition to turn signals? If so, did they work properly or were there mods required? (Load equalizer?).

Thanks.

Don

VMOA # 782
1997 Vmax
1968 Triumph TR650R
1975 Honda CB550F
2004 Suzuki 1200 Bandit

I've heard someone on here say they did it for more visibility. They just mounted them and tapped into the running light wire going to the rear brake light assembly. No load balancer or anything required with the 1157 stock bulbs (just on LED conversions).

Use the 3M scotch lok connectors to splice into your stock wire for the running lights to make things easier.

:cheers:

Neil

Thanks.

Don

VMOA # 782
1997 Vmax
1968 Triumph TR650R
1975 Honda CB550F
2004 Suzuki 1200 Bandit

You would have to wire it all up... If memory serves the front are 3 wire and the rear are 2 wire... I don't know why you couldn't convert them...

I have a complete brand new (150 miles on them) set of stock blinkers.

Cheers,
Chris

I have been riding since 1958 and the closest I came to being on a slab was a hit from behind. I managed to get mostly out of the way but my muffler was creased by the guy's bumper. He never even slowed down, just kept going at a VERY high rate of speed.

On every bike I have owned since, I have added more visibility to the back end. In modern times it includes changing the rear signals to running lights also. On my previous Max, I added those LED lights that flash quickly when the brakes are first applied then came on steadily. Also added the light that replaces the rear reflector and tied it into the taillight instead of the brake light. That with the turn signal running lights made sure I could be seen from behind. I will probably add that reflector light to my current Max also as soon as I find the original supplier. The current eBay sellers unit is not as nice as the original one. It has one bulb and is flush mounted. The original one has 2 bulbs and sticks out some so it can be seen from the side. I have the "Back-Off" set-up on my brake light now and will add the other items asap.

I still haven't decided if I will use the stock turn signals of something a little nicer but will make them running lights regardless.

Thanks to all for the responses....

While all of you are on the subject of turn signals, I was wondering who out there might be able to answer my question. My dad once had a 1982 750 Maxim, it was all black, all the signals, headlight, digital dash, and even the handlebars were "square-ish". Point in thought, I'm wondering if the ones off of this particular bike, or maybe some other Yamaha, would bolt right up to the Max w/o any mod's? Let me know guys!

While all of you are on the subject of turn signals, I was wondering who out there might be able to answer my question. My dad once had a 1982 750 Maxim, it was all black, all the signals, headlight, digital dash, and even the handlebars were "square-ish". Point in thought, I'm wondering if the ones off of this particular bike, or maybe some other Yamaha, would bolt right up to the Max w/o any mod's? Let me know guys!

They just bolt on so I see no reason why they wouldn't unless the through bolt is way bigger...

My aftermarket ones bolted right up and look clean!:thumbs up:

Alot of the guys remove the stock lolly pops.You just need 3 wire in the front and 2 wire in the back.

one note on putting stock signals on the rear from the front. It is illegal in virtually every state to have running lights in amber color on the rear. SO, get a newer set with clear lenses and install red bulbs. This way you are legal.

Sean

Latest posts

Back