Two dirt bike chock for pick-up truck bed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
I ran across a deal for two 2007 drz400's I cant pass up in WI. Does anyone have a picture of how they secured two bikes in a pickup bed? Im thinking I need to build something from 2x4's for the wheel chocks and a central tie down point from 2x12's.

Can I build something that doesnt need to be bolted down?

Thanks

Something like this except with wooden wheel chocks.:confused2:

Attachments

• rl-scoot-3.jpg
    rl-scoot-3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2641.jpg
    IMG_2641.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 11
No reason for a central tie down point , the 2 DRZ's are narrow enough just like the old dirtbikes you can put both bikes in at the same time then just criss cross the middle tie downs to the other side . The only thing you might do is bend a front fender a little , no reason for wheel chocks just compress the front ends when placing tie downs on to secure bikes. This is the way I still do it and have never had a problem in 25 yrs. of moving dirtbikes the only time I ever used a wheel chock was when I had to tow a friends full dress Harley and he was worried that it might fall over.

You can borrow my trailer if you want... put one in your truck, one on the trailer.
The trailer is in Waverly right now (but I could get it for you if you need it... or pick it up on the way). Do you want to sell one???:clapping:

You have my number.

Jeff

You can borrow my trailer if you want... Do you want to sell one???:clapping:

You have my number.

Jeff

The deal isnt a steal just fair. 6K for two nicely farkled low mile 07 drz's. my family is all excited about both of them.

The owner says he's had them both in his truck plenty of times w/o the wooden chock in the pic and will help me with his ramp and hill. I just need to buy more rachet tie downs and remove fenders maybe. Thanks for the offer Jeff. I called you a few weeks ago but figured you had a new number.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_2143.jpg
    100_2143.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 10
Ever bought 2 identical bikes and then regretted it? These things are no fun on road. But my family is having fun with them.

I think I tore my rotator cuff again.:damn angry:

They will shine when I take them adventure riding if my shoulder holds up.

Back