unvailing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean I dont have a tool kit on my bike ,but if I recall the strap for the tool kit goes from the pass seat to the fender? If thats the case ,nno my pass cant strap to the fender because it needs to lift up and back,but......... I do plan on incorporating a soft pocket on the under side of the passenger pan to hold registration,smokes,cell phone, or maybe a few tools. the first five or gone and Im making a couple small adjustments,and will be starting 10 more soon.

is that a different flip then the one you had at BR, meaning you chg the hinge pt to work with sissy bar? if so then tool kit - can it work with your original design?

Howdy Rick. Just wanted to see how Thunder went for you if indeed you and some MGs made it up there. I have some business to take care of with Sean (read chrome bill !) but after that, you are the next mod monkey food! I'm still in for something along the lines of a drag specific look although depending on whether the drag bars and struts are installed, I might regret giving up long distance comfort. Dang it, that means I'll need a Maxgasser standard and a Maxgasser DR (drag racer). Anyhow, keep me in the loop if you could sir. Thanx, Patmax

Tugla.its the same bracket,in order to use it with the oem sissy bar a 3/8 hole needs to be drilled in the exsisting bracket (see maxgasser album)

Pat, thunder went well I was able to bring the first five MAXGASSER's with me ,and it seemed to be recieved well. Bill k was the first but Ive since sold the five, and started on a run of ten. you will be the first with the maxgasser DR when I develope it,how soon are you looking for it?

theres should be more reviews as the four others that are soon to be mounted get some seat time, they as well as myself will keep you all in the loop!

Great to here your trip went well. I feel like a total slack ass this year. No Daytona, no Thunder, no Leesburg etc. Anyway, getting back to MG "DR", I am thinking six month window, no more than a year. In my mind I am picturing the design is cupped a bit more with a back wall maybe taller to lock one's ass in. Less seat foam might mean a firmer Corbin-like durometer material. Obviously a drag version should not hold comfort as one it's primary design parameters or goals. Passenger area is aesthetic and non functional. Tail somewhat abbreviated like a "stinger"style seat is. I only assume it will use the yet to be patented rear flip section. To me that design is what makes it a Maxgasser but I suppose it could be a one piece, maybe flip to the side, who knows? I was thinking of carving up a foam mock up if I can find some foam block to glue up. Maybe some others can pipe up and chime in with their thoughts. Patmax

Patmax, you thinking of something like a "cafe" racer seat for your bike?

Ill take a pic of what I had in mind for the DR version and post later when I get a chance,Its just to give you an idea of what Im thinking ,any suggestions will be considerd.

Latest posts

Back