unvailing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya man darker or blacker would be sweet for when i turn "V2" into a black machine.........

bill, side not got the bike running way way better, wait til next time should be more normal.

My bike is headed to "road cone" Thadds to track down an electrical Gremlin on Monday. Hopefully the damage will not preclude my taking advantage of one of the early Maxgassers. I also prefer a blacker black if there is an informal poll. I also dig the basketweave over the perforated material which is what Sean did on my first Muscle seat. Also got chrome coming from Sean! When it rains it pours,bad mod monkey, BAD!!!
Patmax

I will take a poll when I get the covers I have put on foam.but Im thinkin "Blacker "is gonning to be popular.

Hey Richard. This is the first opportunity I've had to look at you finished product. Awesome job man. Blood, sweat and tears paid off well.

think the color of the seat will depend on the bikes color. that grey suits your bike well i think.

Rick,
will the black be the same material as the grey one you made?
i like the non slip material you had...
Also i forgot to measure the back seat on yours. could you measure the width of the back section in two places for me? the front part of the rear section and the rear. I want to see how much wider my corbin is than yours.
Thanks

Bill,the material is slightly different,bigger grain,I brought four different configurations to my sticther today,should have them back mid next week. the width or the front of the rear tapers from 12 in at the bottom to 91/2 in at the top ,then down to about 8in at the rear of the rear,if you can understand all that.Ill try to post pics with a measure accross in different locations.

Ro, thank you ,but I think that one of the next four will look even bettter!

Ok If anyones interested in measurments I just posted some more pics in the maxgasser album. also some of the material I may use.

Mike,thank you,I dont think the blood sweat or tears are done yet,not to mention the sleepless nights! but the response has been positive and its enough to keep the fire burning,the fire in the belly.

Are these pics ok Rick?
if not i can get better ones in the daylight when it quits raining

Attachments

• 0609101521.jpg
    0609101521.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 0609101522.jpg
    0609101522.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 24
  • 0609101522a.jpg
    0609101522a.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 21
Bill, Pics are perfect,just what I was lookin for.:biglaugh: I have the piece ready to go for your max. haveing a sissy bar will NOT be an issue.:clapping: Ive been very busy trying to get all five ready for thunder, now there making me work overtime on fridays.so thats cut into my time a litttle bit:bang head: ( 10 hours not in my garage) but its looking good for me to have them ready.:eusa_dance: as for the material its not exactly the same:confused2: but Im confident that youll like it, and its "grip" ,:biglaugh: although some of that grip is designed into the shape.you will have your pick of the four diffferent covers so Im sure theres one that will suit you and your bike.

vmaxrider06 came up with a slogan and I think I like it; MAXGASSER, YOUR ASS WILL LOVE YOU FOR IT !. what do you guys think,catchy:ummm:

Bill, Pics are perfect,just what I was lookin for.:biglaugh: I have the piece ready to go for your max. haveing a sissy bar will NOT be an issue.:clapping: Ive been very busy trying to get all five ready for thunder, now there making me work overtime on fridays.so thats cut into my time a litttle bit:bang head: ( 10 hours not in my garage) but its looking good for me to have them ready.:eusa_dance: as for the material its not exactly the same:confused2: but Im confident that youll like it, and its "grip" ,:biglaugh: although some of that grip is designed into the shape.you will have your pick of the four diffferent covers so Im sure theres one that will suit you and your bike.

vmaxrider06 came up with a slogan and I think I like it; MAXGASSER, YOUR ASS WILL LOVE YOU FOR IT !. what do you guys think,catchy:ummm:

I vote Yes:biglaugh: oh wait...:punk:

yukon, Patmax and any one else who may have been waiting,IM SORRY,there was no wifi service or phone service for me to tether my phone to my laptop and I just got home .300mile day with some great company.anyway here goes. six months and alot of thought.heres a couple pics of the finished product.I have a couple very small adjustments to make that shouldnt take long.I will also need to speak with buster to find out if I can get set up in the "vender' area , but this seat,yes seat will be available. any questions can be PMed to me or ask right here.Im going to call it "maxgasser" for the ease of gassing it and the gasser conection to dragracing.

Cool,
I wasn't at the unveiling but you have my interest. So, since I can't get a sense of the strength of your design from the pictures can you tell me how this might stand up to a severe impact of the sort you might encounter during a hard landing??
I mean, you couldn't stay in the stock category running one in a registered record jump attempt, but if its strong enough AND more comfortable I'd bolt one onto "Skyshot" for practice.....:hmmm:

Catchy & clever fer sure!! I'm just a little concerned about using the word ass tho....might put some folks off.....? :confused2::ummm::confused2:

Dan ,I had/have the same thought:ummm: that the word ass may put people off :confused2:,but then Im thinking,were maxers, what the hell is wrong with a happy ass:rofl_200:.
85 max fan, obviously the skin and foam would be torn if sliding were involved ,but the pan is made of 1/8 to 3/16 thick fiber glass,black jellcoat on the under side and edge trim on the pan, then the foam is glued to the pan.if your interested I could send you one of the proto type pans that Im not going to use and you could do some destructive testing on it.:clapping:.are they really gonna make you run a stock seat? I can send you pics of any part from any angle let me know if you need any other specific info.and best of luck with the jump

Last edited:
:new_ani:Here are the first five MAXGASSER SEATS ,:clapping:there going to thunder with me:biglaugh: .Anyone intersted in takin one for a scoot while there let me know.

Attachments

• P6210554.jpg
    P6210554.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 34
  • P6210557.jpg
    P6210557.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 34
:new_ani:Here are the first five MAXGASSER SEATS ,:clapping:there going to thunder with me:biglaugh: .Anyone intersted in takin one for a scoot while there let me know.

when you need to test the one for the tall guys let me know, im up for that for sure!!!!! the stock is killing me and the corbin also is getting boring.

when you need to test the one for the tall guys let me know, im up for that for sure!!!!! the stock is killing me and the corbin also is getting boring.
Ill keep you posted ,Ive got a couple ideas that wont change the apperance but should give some room.:biglaugh: For you guys with sissy bars ,you CAN USE this seat, see pic.

Attachments

• P6220573.jpg
    P6220573.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Ill keep you posted ,Ive got a couple ideas that wont change the apperance but should give some room.:biglaugh: For you guys with sissy bars ,you CAN USE this seat, see pic.

:punk: cool, i was talking to dan about something just like that 4 the sissy bar the other day.

Will it swivel open with the tool kit in place still or do you have to take out the kit?

Back