unvailing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics in the gallery,if youd like specific views let me know I'll get them for you.

The talent of you guys never ceases to amaze me. I love the fact you guys take your real world skills and apply them so creatively to the Max! Twisted, I had at one time asked Sean if I could get a rear seat made in that shape but never thought of the way you executed it. I was just going for the Busa bump. Sean said I would have to come up with a new seat pan and had to deal with the grab rail so I knew I was at a dead end. You sir are one talented MOFO! Can't wait to get one for my drag bike project!

Patmax,Ive got a different idea for a dragster seat.this one was built more for comfort but i could modify the foam and make a drag seat.It was in the back of my mind when I made this seat.Ive got a couple ideas but want to see where this goes.

Awesome design and attention to detail! Does the rear seat pan have to be modified or replaced? How much you thinking of selling them for?

Its a complete replacement,no trade ins you keep your old seat.:biglaugh:new fiberglass pans,new foams.new skin.Ill be workin on different covers but need to keep them affordable. with basic cover it will be under $500,still need to finish up pricing and a little tooling.

I sat on this bad boy at the brownie run. This thing is sweet. The whole redesign on this seat is like no other, not like anything I have seen. Nice job man..good lick with this.

Well Rick, you have my attention for an idea on a drag specific seat. I must say I do like the current Maxgasser. By the way, will you need donor cores for the seat, is it just the rear that is modified, will we need to do any fabricating/ welding on our frames to accomodate the improved seat or is it a bolt on? Sorry for all the questions man, I am just so geeked to see this come together. Obviously the "Hit" of BR2010. Probably would have been the star of Daytona or Thunder if unveiled there. Maybe someone can help you post a You tube spot. I even told the 'ol lady about over lunch today and of course she said,"so I can't sit on it?". I said there aren't many two person drag bikes out there! Heck I'm fat enough as it is! Anyways, More details please! Patmax

Patmax,NO CORES NEEDED:punk:,all new front pan, rear pan,and foams.I made and have the molds.in a locked and guarded vault:biglaugh:.I will also be working on optional covers while trying to keep costs down. bike with stock grab rail needs NO MODIFACATIONS ,maxgasser goes on quicker then the stock one comes off.bikes with stock sissy bar need a single 3/8 hole drilled or I may make a seperate bracket and include it . Pat I dont mind the questions at all that how we learn,feel free to ask any time.

Im going to do some cover expairmenting,a blacker black, and some perferated in the seating area.I will post pics.

for you guys that didnt get to see it up close i can tell you at the brownie run i had a chance to get on ricks bike and wow what a wonderful job he did, true craftsmanship. I can t wait to see the next stuff he puts out for us taller guys cause this is were its at. great shape, fabric, and softness.

great job Rick :punk:

for you guys that didnt get to see it up close i can tell you at the brownie run i had a chance to get on ricks bike and wow what a wonderful job he did, true craftsmanship. I can t wait to see the next stuff he puts out for us taller guys cause this is were its at. great shape, fabric, and softness.

great job Rick :punk:

+1 to that Ro...
I was very impressed as well,
Great job Rick & don't forget about me.

havent forgoten Bill,working on somthing "blacker" for you.I'll send pics .

Ummm, sell my stocker for 200, get the gasser for 300, send Sean seat #2 for muscle mod and recover and I will have all my bases covered. By the way, anybody else ride with their seat completely unbolted like a few of us in FLA do? Never had an issue with it staying on but now that I said something, the hoodlums will start tugging on seats I suppose! Patmax

Haven't bolted a front seat on in 15 years and haven't lost one yet.

Sean

Patmax ,sounds like a plan,give me a few weeks, Im trying a few different cover options.I cut them out tonight and will have them sewn over the weekend.Im making a few sets of foams on friday.and should be set to build four more seats by the second or third week of june,Just in time for thunder!

Latest posts

Back