using droid and tapatalk?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Work Just gave me a new droid2 global. They think I needed a new phone.@ I am freaking lost with this thing. I am pretty tech illiterate. Anyone have some pointers? And what is tapatalk? Do I need it? Any advice on how to view photos on the forum without closing it? Feeling dumb with this new thing

Just got a Droid X today - early Christmas gift.

I was about to post the same questions...:rofl_200:

It's an exercise in futility for me to use that thing. My 8 year old daughter is playing with it right now and knows how to use it better than me after 5 minutes of messing around vs. me using it all day.

I just got my first "smart phone" the other day. it's the Droid "X" as well. I'm on the same learning curve as you all! Almost got the R2D2 phone though just cause it looked so cool!

Im not good with this stuff either, give it time you will all figue it out, mines a droid two. I'm sure its smarter then I am but I make it take pics,share with email or text or fb.can post here without tap talk but my eyes arent what they used to be so texting is tuff anyway. just play with them you'll get it, have fun!

i have a droid phone (samsung moment thru sprint), you don't need tapatalk but things load quicker.

I have a smart phone to Mike, and yes it takes sometime to figure out how to use it. After you figure it out, you will never go back to a regular phone again...

I have had mine for months and i'm still learning new things about it.

Read the manuel

I have had the Droid X for a few months, Don't see how I lived without it!

We gave everyone in our sales dept. an HTC Desire and I got one for my wife as well. I was amazed how many people had issues with them. It definitely isn't the best corporate software out there but it DOES work. My wife likes hers much more than her BB Curve, but still uses my old iPhone 3Gs for gaming and emailing at home with wifi. The OS is more intuitive, and less buggy in our opinion. The Android does some cool stuff and it's made the competition that much better.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

The apple iOS IMO is more intuitive and easy to use, but the Android system is ultimately more powerful and more useful, since it escapes Apple's software facism about what they'll allow on their devices.

On my itouch 2g, the forum works fine in "regular", and is considerably faster in tapatalk mode.

When you're watching TV or something, have the phone nearby and fiddle with it during commercials. You'll figure things out in time. While it may result in your man card being temporarily suspended, you may consider reading the manual, lol.

Droid 2 here, and Ive found the bottom so to speak. I used youtube as a guide on how to's and hints. Just be careful of some of the advice as far as app's. C.net is a good source for which apps work the best for free or little money.
Launcherpro (free version) is my fave for customising, gentle alarm is very nice too and well worth the $2.99.

I'm about to experiment with that app this week. The more I learn about the Droid, the more I realize I don't know. My 10/12 year old niece & nephew discovered my Droid today at a family get together - I was instantly their favorite uncle ! :biglaugh: Now I have all kinds of free game apps on my phone I don't know what to do with. I'll learn just a little every day...

i had to show bill voice to text, haha

Ya ya, i love it too...:biglaugh:
I'm surprised how accurate it is.

i need you to show me how to set up craigslist notifications to my phone again G. i had to get a replacement phone and i cant for the life of me figure that one out

The apple iOS IMO is more intuitive and easy to use, but the Android system is ultimately more powerful and more useful, since it escapes Apple's software facism about what they'll allow on their devices.

They do that for a reason and IMO I like the reasons... Personally, if I created software and wanted to sell devices, I don't think I would allow just anything either. That being said, they've let a lot of things be available in the last 3-4 months.

I don't see Android being more powerful. I just see Android competing against itself constantly. If there's not a new Android phone every two weeks, I'll put in with you.

My wifes phone and my phone are equal if you look at the numbers. When you play with them, it become VERY apparent that Apple spent more time making the software fit the phone and not the phone fit the software.

I have Tapatalk on my phone as well, and I use it here and on two other forums. It's the BOMB! I wouldn't be without it. The fact that I can post an image using tapatalk is HUGE.

Chris

Back