Vancouver Island Trip

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoMax

Reaction score
Vancouver Island Ride

I realize this is along way away, but it's going to be an amazing trip, and i want to give all prospects time to book their time off from work. This VMOA ride will take place Mid.- late July 2011. It will start in Calgary and head to Vancouver Island. We will stay on the island for 2-3 days, then head back to Calgary. I have 2 ideas for things to do while on the coast, Whale watching and Bungee jumping. We will stay at the same motel while on the island, and just do short trips each day. Any suggestions for ride routes and activities will be considered. Of coarse all V-Maxers are welcome, not just VMOA members. Stay Safe

I have created an 'Event page' from my V-Max Canada facebook group for all to post that they 'will' or 'maybe' attending. Stay Safe

sounds like a fun ride, will have to see how it works out if i can make it, too far to tell but will mark it on the calendar

The dates of this ride will be around the same time as Sturgis Aug. 8-14. My boss is going there, while the V-Max Brotherhood heads west from Alberta, Sask., and even Man. Stay Safe

Finally something on the west coast to look forward to. Are you planning to take hwy 1 ? Or 3 ? Or one to and the other back? I came up and rode through Nelson and then back 3a this summer. Nice country. Remember we need passports and those who don't have them need to get the paper work going. You can't just go pick one up in two weeks anymore . Sounds good and will try to make it. Rand

fukk yea. way to go ro... looks like youve stirred some fire in the boys. im gonna be looking forward anxiously for this trip....

As usual, we'll start in Calgary. I'd like to see a different part of the country. Take the #1 to the coast, and the #3 home. I know the #3 home will take a bit longer, but at this point it'll be about the scenery, not saving a few hrs. The #3 is an awesome ride, been from the 'Hat' to Grand Forks, then north from there. Lots of great little towns on that route.

As usual, we'll start in Calgary. I'd like to see a different part of the country. Take the #1 to the coast, and the #3 home. I know the #3 home will take a bit longer, but at this point it'll be about the scenery, not saving a few hrs. The #3 is an awesome ride, been from the 'Hat' to Grand Forks, then north from there. Lots of great little towns on that route
Hey ol' Buddy-

" it'll be about the scenery,".......amen to that , Brother. Mon raison d'etre.
If you convince your group of this, on the return leg of the ride you could also hang a left at Osoyoos(leaving Rt 3 for a bit) , take 97 north to Kelona and Vernon, then east on 6 to Nakusp (short ferry ride at Needles). You'll be in the heart of the Slocan valley by now, very "biker-friendly" area, featured in many bike mags. From Nakusp continue on 6 until you see the sign for Kaslo (this road is closed in the winter, so you know what the scenery will be like!), then 31 south to 3A to Nelson, or Creston, if the ferry is operating. Both will take you back to route 3. I did this route in '08, with a friend from Calgary.
Wish I could join you, but 2012 looks to be the earliest I'll be pointing west again.
Say hello to Tara, Tyson, and of course the assorted 4-leggers.
Cheers, Miles

We'll stay on the Island for a couple days.I hope to Bungee Jump, and do some Whale watching while on the Island.

You are welcome to join us for a few hrs. or a few days if that's all you can do, that's cool too. As you all know, we stop a lot for fuel, if we are near your neck of the woods and you just want to ride with us through your town, come on out and play. The reason for this message is to let everyone know you can add your name to the confirmed VMOA V-Max ride link on my 'V-Max Canada' facebook group even if you can only join us for a short time. All i'll need to know is who will be getting rooms when we stop for the night. I'll do all the leg work for fuel stops and booking rooms. I'll get a discount on the rooms when i book them. If you have any question, just ask.
http://www.vmoa.net/Fall-2010.pdf

I just started a new job, and get this, the plant shuts down for the last 2 weeks in July, Yahoooo!!!!!. I've worked summers for the last 11 yrs. Now i get to plan long Max trips every July. This is when we'll hold our VMOA ride to Vancouver Island. I'll take care of planning the fuel stops, and booking the rooms. All you have to do is meet up with us in Calgary, and be prepared for a great trip. More details on my Facebook group 'V-Max Canada'. The ride link is on the left side of the page. Stay safe

The ride dates are now set. July 23/2011 - July 29/2011. I have just added a link for the route for our epic trip next July. I'll start working on where we'll need to stop for fuel, and the motels. My thought was to contact a 'chain' motel, and see if i can get us a discount if we stayed in their motels for the entire trip. If you would like to join us, please add your name to the confirmed list on my Facebook group 'V-Max Canada' The link for the tour is on the left side of the page.

If you have any questions or comments about this ride, feel free to contact me through this forum, FB, or the VMOA site. Stay Safe

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sour...7.15369&sspn=42.665208,114.169922&ie=UTF8&z=7

This trip now has a map and route posted on my Facebook group, 'V-Max Canada', event link. We have 15 people confirmed for the ride so far. If you live in western Canada or the north western states and want to do the whole trip, a couple days, or even a few hrs. with us, let me know. The sooner i get to know how many that will be attending, the sooner i can start to work on getting us a discount on motel rates. Here are some things we will try to do while on the island, Bungee Jumping, Whale Watching, and Go-Karting. This is the biggest ride I've ever planned, so if you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me, I'd appreciate it. Stay Safe

Leaving Calgary: Sat. July 23

Keith McMann : VMOA #4817
Western Canada/Alaska Director: VMOA
Facebook : V-Max Canada
Facebook : V-Max Parts
Facebook : User Name: Ro Max
[email protected]

Hi.
I live in the Comox valley what days are you planning on being on the island, tried sending you a pm but guess i dont have the right to do that yet.
Thanks Dave

I would love to meet up with the group when you get to Van Island. I have added the dates to my phone calendar so I don't forget. Hopefully the Wif and I can rally up for a day or so and meet the gang. Any other Seattle V-Maxer's want to join us for the ride up?

*Bump*

Ride time is coming up soon, are you guys still planning on coming out to Van? I'd like to join up with the group and am hoping VmaxNV will be able to finagle the time to join us as well. We may only be able to budget a day trip or maybe one over nighter- then back home to Seattle the next morning kind of thing, but I'm game. Just got a PM from a Portland rider and forum member, Vmaxbg who also wants to try to ride up and join the group. My wife may accompany us, but alas she rides a sexy little Boulevard. I'll break it to her gently that we'll have to photoshop her bike out of any photos, of course.

I'm still hoping to make it. but don't know if I'm going to try to ride up thru Idaho to medicine hat and ride with the group. Or I can ride up the coast thru Portland and either go thru Spokane to med hat or straight up to Vancouver. It all depends on when I get my bike back together, how I feel, and if I'm riding alone.

I am sorry to inform you that the Vancouver Island Trip has been cancelled. Life just got too busy too fast for too many that were planning on going, maybe next yr.

Keith

I am sorry to inform you that the Vancouver Island Trip has been cancelled. Life just got too busy too fast for too many that were planning on going, maybe next yr.

Keith

Sorry to hear that, Keith. I know that you had put a tremendous amount of work into planning the trip. Hope your "meet&greet" in Calgary goes as planned.
I'm still hoping to ride to the left coast next summer. Maybe meet you on Vancouver Island?? Who knows, perhaps I will pick up another Max or two along the way.........................

Back