Venture parts fitment?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarf717

Reaction score
Once in a while I see older Ventures for sale cheap. Even saw one for free! What parts from these old Ventures will fit an old V-Max??? I know the rear end works, but what about carbs?Any electrics fit? Do the ventures have a V-boost system as well? (mine is long gone) Any motor parts fit? I have my eye on one,and am just wondering if it's worth getting, keeping some parts, then parting the venture out.

I have venture 1986
My winter project ((OLD SCHOOL MOTORCYCLE))
And
1998 vmax

Venture;?
smaller carbs:ummm:
other kind ventury air box
no vboost
90Hp motor head
16`` wheels
different gear transmition set-up (first lower and fift highter)

DINGY could tell you verry much more about it

my opinion = if you can have it at low price and you are mecanic, go for it

see that tred
((found venture))

Attachments

• DSC00076.jpg
    DSC00076.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 40
You could always check parts numbers from the Venture to your desired VMax year. I think the alternator is a fit & more power to boot. Engine covers may swap too. I think Sean Morley or Kyle ("CaptainKyle") may better answer specific questions.

My forks have some pits in them. Wonder if the Ventures forks would slide into the Max' triples?

I have venture 1300 carbs on my vmax. Everyone told me they were smaller than vmax carbs, but they fit fine and the carb bodies have the same part numbers as vmax carb. I switched all vmax parts to the venture bodies.

Yup,exact same carb bodies.....I've converted lots of Venture carbs to VMax. Some of the early Venture carbs have a 1mm smaller throat diameter (34mm) but they perform very well on the VMax with the right jetting, more low end grunt and excellent mileage.

My '99 dyno'd @ 117hp with VMax carbs and 112hp with the 34mm Venture carbs.....on noticeable difference on the road.

The performance difference between the VMax and Venture is not the carburetion....it's that little aparatus under the carbs....the v boost.

I have lots of Venture carbs on hand, and in the process of rejetting some 35mm ones right now if anyone is interested. Got a few on hand......:biglaugh:

The V-max has hotter cams as well.
Cams make a BIG difference

Might as-well mention the valves, too.

I have never done it, but I think Sean and kyle will confirm, the 1200 and 1300 Venture fit the VMax. If you have a rod knock, and you can get a perfectly-functional (the newspaper ads say, "fully-functional," I am told:rofl_200:) Venture engine, slip it in and bolt it up. I have seen a few on the road around here, so I am pretty-sure it's almost a 'plug & play' switch.

Pic #1 is a complete Venture for sale in FL, cheap. Pic #2 is a bike which has the Venture heart transplant, proof-of-concept and of execution. It can be done!:worthy: Ask Kyle about the bike in pic #2, he may recall it.

Geez, Danny, I thought I had too-many intake sets! I'm gonna show this to my wife as proof there are people worse-off than me about spare parts!:rofl_200:

Attachments

• IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Miramar VMax.JPG
    Miramar VMax.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 37
Shit can the 1300 venture heads/cams. Use the bottom end only. Note that the trans used in them is also the same design considered to be the recall version for the Vmax. The rods are thicker and heavier so not quite as idea for max RPM but they have worked well for our conversion engines where we reused those parts.

Sean

Shit can the 1300 venture heads/cams. Use the bottom end only. Note that the trans used in them is also the same design considered to be the recall version for the Vmax. The rods are thicker and heavier so not quite as idea for max RPM but they have worked well for our conversion engines where we reused those parts.

Sean

Are those the Y-11 rods, Sean?

I'm running one Venture carb. 35mm. No difference. The internals from my bad Vmax carb. switched to the Venture. When it comes to Carbs. Dann-o is the go to guy.

There were a ton of rods through the years with every single Y number you can think of. I haven't noted which rods were in which engine (yet).

Attachments

• Intake Valve Comparison.jpg
    Intake Valve Comparison.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Piston Comparison.jpg
    Piston Comparison.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 31
  • Rod Variety.jpg
    Rod Variety.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back