Victory Hammer.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36,000 dollars..... Ouch

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2
OUCH is right. I liked the Honda st1300 Better. Not as powerful, But waaaay cheaper, dependable as the sun & waaaay better looking IMO. Time for a 2nd jen st :biglaugh:

Attachments

• Honda st1300.jpg
    Honda st1300.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Engine 1300.jpg
    Engine 1300.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 22
OUCH is right. I liked the Honda st1300 Better. Not as powerful, But waaaay cheaper, dependable as the sun & waaaay better looking IMO. Time for a 2nd jen st :biglaugh:
Not a V-4 but the FJR is a much better bike than the ST is, well at least IMO.
The Motus is a sweet looking, unique design, and American made but the price has made it for the wealthy. It will be a while before we see many those running up and down local streets!:damn angry:

I wish i could disagree, but you are right!!!:bang head: I would like to ride the XR1200, it is supposed to handle and ride like a modern motorcycle.

I rode one last year at americade. Below is a list of things I liked about it:
-It didn't break down
-It actually had a tach. Apparently these are rare on harleys.
-It has excellent brakes.
-The transmission wasn't as clunky as other HDs I've driven.

Here's a list of things I didn't like about it.
-It was slow. Mouse-fart on a roller skate compared to a vmax. It also could not do a rolling burnout. Using the front brake is cheating.
-It maxed out at 112mph. That's not fast enough for a "muscle" bike.
-It gets wobbles if you countersteer it too hard.
-The back tire "walks" toward the outside of the corner when hitting bumps
-It overheated in traffic, and would idle even worse than usual.
-The inside of your left thigh was forced up against something quite hot when you put your feet down.
-The blinkers have a mind of their own.

I think the Motus is sexy and I love the idea of the V4 sourced from 'Vette parts. Looks like a good all around tourer that can handle and move. Too rich for my blood, but if I could afford one I would have one. (I'd also have a Vincent, a fully optioned out KLR 650, and the handling on my current Gen 1 sorted... oh, and a replica Factory 5 cobra with paint matchign my Max)

But yeah, overall I like the idea of an American Sport Tourer.

my dads buddy has a hammer and he loves it i rode it and i cant stand it like in prev posts all victorys sound the same !!!! but i made my buddys dad to buy the victory performace package for the hammer and have to say with it debadged and the package it looks sweet and sounds good but ill never get one !!! MAX rider for life i have a tattoo for christ sakes lol :) just now to buy a 2G i have the 85 :)

Doesn't every Victory use the exact same 106 cubic inch engine and 6-sp tranny? That's what I thought anyway. If Victory uses the same level of sound-deadening in all their pipes it stands to reason that they will all sound alike, right? By the same token, a stock VMax would sound the same as any other Yamaha model with a 1200cc V4 and similar exhaust (if Yamaha made such a beast)!

Blaine

That Motus is a cool bike however justifying 36 grand on a bike is kind of a rich guy thing. That price is up there with the screamin' eagle CVO Harleys. I'd still rather have a genII and trying to reason between a bike and a pretty nice used Zo6 vette is tough when your talkin about 20 grand

I also test rode the hammer and remember these guys are salesmen just trying to make a $. I wanted a cruiser so i just got a 08 yamaha roadliner midnight installed the cobra pro power auto tuner and a set of HK 3"res-tec black hawk pipes sounds great. I also installed a Tsukay fairing with full stereo and 6x9 speakers. I now have the best of both worlds a cruiser and a bad ass muscle bike.

Jim , how about a picture or two ?

I like the direction the Motus is heading in, and I'm sure that S version hauls ass big time.

But why oh why did they decide to make another generic BMW look-alike sport tourer with panniers. It's like putting a corvette engine in a minivan. How about a corvette engine in a corvette? Give us a sportbike, or at least a vmax-esque muscle standard.

I suppose for the initial get go the sport tourer was a smart choice, since the people who tend to buy sport-tourers are also the people who could afford to drop $36k on a motorcycle.

I like the direction the Motus is heading in, and I'm sure that S version hauls ass big time.

But why oh why did they decide to make another generic BMW look-alike sport tourer with panniers. It's like putting a corvette engine in a minivan. How about a corvette engine in a corvette? Give us a sportbike, or at least a vmax-esque muscle standard.

I suppose for the initial get go the sport tourer was a smart choice, since the people who tend to buy sport-tourers are also the people who could afford to drop $36k on a motorcycle.

Could it be that almost every other manufacture offers at least 2 sport bikes.

There is one. It's made in Alabama. You can get it later this year.

motus_mst-r_hero.jpg

Although cool, Im not sure that bike meets the guidelines of being 'mass produced'.

Although cool, Im not sure that bike meets the guidelines of being 'mass produced'.

They're being made on a standardized assembly line. That's pretty much the definition of mass production. The numbers are going to be small the first year, >500, but if they can make a little jack on them, production will go up and price should come down. At $30K+ they're a boutique item, but if they can get to a unit-production number that lets them take advantage of economies of scale to the degree that gets the price down to $20K, I'm in. Until then, I hope all the guys that can afford to be early adopters on this bike buy every last one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhaRdPJI3sU

rode a hammer this past weekend and couldn't agree with what had been said more. it felt super sluggish and 'bad' in the corners, esp low speed. i don't think it was just the rear tire but just the setup in general. had some fun low end torque (for the bike, not compared to the vmax) but it kinda went flat up high. got to go on the highway and going 75 at 1800 rpms was very very nice. i was on the $15k msrp one there was a $19k msrp with dual front brakes and some other shit but wouldn't spend that much. i also thought the engine sounded like shit. i hate to say this but it sounded a lot like the hyosung i rode. like the quality just wasn't 'there'.

that being said, i think the styling of the bike is top notch.

Back