VIN plate location question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacksun71

Reaction score
Is there a reason for different locations of VIN plate sticker? On most VMaxes I have seen it's on the steering head tube, but on mine it is on the lower frame tube on the right side of the bike. Next to it is a CMVSS sticker. Is the placement a feature on Canadian models?

Is there a reason for different locations of VIN plate sticker? On most VMaxes I have seen it's on the steering head tube, but on mine it is on the lower frame tube on the right side of the bike. Next to it is a CMVSS sticker. Is the placement a feature on Canadian models?
Question: Euro model or us model?

Mine (cdn) model has the sticker on lower right frame also and I'm pretty sure stamped on steering neck....stickers can be peeled off....I don't remember my us bike.....thought it had sticker also. Heard also just the cdn bikes have a thin alum cover attached with three screws on the gauge cluster, does yours?

You have just answered your question :)

Yeah, I guess I did. :biglaugh:

Tugla, I'm not sure if it has that alum cover. Need to check it next time I visit the cave where my Max is hibernating.

The reason for my original question is that I started to think if it came from the factory with the sticker in the lower tube or could it have been put there afterwards.

[email protected], The avatar is a picture of Finnish stunt driver Arto Nyqvist, this time on a VMax, but he used to ride a z1300 like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3FOOAMqMvM

Mine (cdn) model has the sticker on lower right frame also and I'm pretty sure stamped on steering neck....stickers can be peeled off....I don't remember my us bike.....thought it had sticker also. Heard also just the cdn bikes have a thin alum cover attached with three screws on the gauge cluster, does yours?

It doesn't have that cover.
Actually I haven't even noticed before You mentioned it that there are different colored covers. Sign of a new owner: no eye for details. :biglaugh:

I haven't seen another one with it only heard about other bikes with that......seems to be cdn not USA bike

In my experience, bikes are often sent from the factory without any sticker or plate affixed.
The relevant sticker or plate is then fitted by the dealership.

In Australia, most of the time, the compliance plate is affixed by the manufacturer according to our regulations. However, if the bikes are in great demand, sometimes the supplier will send the bike directly to the dealership, and the importer will bring the compliance plate which we need to fit ourselves, but it is technically the job of the importer to affix the plate.

My Max was sold in the US, so it has the sticker on the headstem, but ones that were sold in Australia will probably have an aluminium plate riveted to the lower frame.

The differences are country specific.

Back