virago rotor.. hmmmm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looking at those the one on the right looks to be warped, contact surface of rotor is not consistent in color all the way around.

chinese ones i think steve

the ebay people responded 10.5" OD 5 7/8 " between opposing bolts

so i'll have to measure tonight.

haha thats actually my plan, but just saw a virago in the parking lot today so figured i'd ask!

According to my chart (which could be wrong) they are 267mm rotors which is approx 10.5". They do have the same bolt pattern. The OEM front and rear are both well larger then those. The smaller rotor may actually work with an adapter to reduce leverage on the rear making it less easy to lock up (requiring more effort to get the same braking power).

Sean

interesting thought. the new fronts are 298, what are the size of the original fronts/all year rears?

282 rear all years and front 85-92.
298 fronts for 93+

If you look most bikes are using smaller rear rotors and not larger.

Any chances that a bracket could be made to run a smaller rear rotor on the vmax?

Just curious.....

Of course you can... You can do whatever you want as long as you have the patience and the coins... :biglaugh:
Just needs to lower the bracket hole pattern the same amount as the radius difference. I can provide you with that if you like...

Cool. Thanks for the offer. I was planning to use a custom rear wheel that would accept the stock, front rotor. I bought an adapter from Sean to make that work. Plans changed and now it looks like I may be using a different wheel. Not sure if im going to use a rotor adapter to keep the Vmax rotor or go another route.

hey sean -> would a rear rotor off an '01 fz1 work?

email me or if I remember to see this thread tomorrow I'll try and send you my spreadsheet for all the rotors/models with the same bolt pattern dived out by size.

Sean

Back