VMAX carburetor interchange question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burn0n3

Reaction score
I bought a 2000 VMAX and the carbs are all messed up. Some of the idle jets are missing and/or damaged, etc. so I have an opportunity to purchase an entire carburetor shelf assembly (all 4 carbs) off from a crashed 1992 VMAX. Will the carbs from 1992 fit my 2000? Is there anything different?

I bought a 2000 VMAX and the carbs are all messed up. Some of the idle jets are missing and/or damaged, etc. so I have an opportunity to purchase an entire carburetor shelf assembly (all 4 carbs) off from a crashed 1992 VMAX. Will the carbs from 1992 fit my 2000? Is there anything different?

No difference.
Dannymax may be able to rebuild yours for less though.
BRC carb shop at the top and bottom of the page.

Dannymax, one of our carb service people, will probably weigh-in, but to my knowledge, no differences.

Direct fit, but you herd the best advice already.And, welcome to the best Vmax Forum
anywhere. Having two sets is not a bad idea. Or three? I'm a pack rat.
Steve-o

Yup, they will work just fine....just be sure you aren't 'trading down'.

As mentioned, we can easily rebuild your 2000 carbs at BRC (which are 8 years newer) and you will probably come out better in the long run.

I heard the carbs on the USA '87 models didn't run worth a crap. lol

Do you know why?
I have a set that didn't make it to canada and luv the adjustable needles.

Adjustable needles you say? WTF? I thought the US 87's only came with the carb chain system installed. Leave it to dragster to teach us something new today, as usual...:worthy:

You do know that the ARE NO U.S.1987 model vmaxs? That's the point that Jim was making.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

I know that - mine are from canada
And what an immature thing to say about someone, jim.
Jims first comment was that the 1987 U.S.versions run like crap. ...(because the don't exist)

Eric, some folks just don't catch on to jokes very well. [sigh] Sorry if anyone in rancho mirage was offended by my earlier attempt at humor.

And I'm sorry if you were offended by me calling you Jeff.

......just don't call me "late for lunch", that's all I've got to say about that! lol

But the sad part of all that "Jeff" stuff was, that you all actually thought my name was Jeff for the longest time. I think that may have started at Thunder, but could have came from further back - at one of the Topeka Dyno Days (Jeff don't remember where).

What a wonderful thread hijack this has turned out to be.

......just don't call me "late for lunch", that's all I've got to say about that! lol

But the sad part of all that "Jeff" stuff was, that you all actually thought my name was Jeff for the longest time. I think that may have started at Thunder, but could have came from further back - at one of the Topeka Dyno Days (Jeff don't remember where).

LoL, it's been at least 10 years ago when I starting thinking you were Jeff and Jim was your brother from 'Bama lol. Here's a "Topeka/Goldwing" bike salute to you!

Man.....I wish I could've caught that on film...

Back