VMAX Shop manuals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
I'm sure someone has asked this before but....

I'm looking at shop manuals for the VMAX and all the ones I've found say that they apply to the model years 1985 to 2003. Mine is an 04 is there ANYTHING about the 04 to 08 models that's different?

What about the difference between Clymer and Haynes? Which has better
schematics, and exploded views, and more thoroughly describes repairs?

TIA,

Gary

Thanks for the link, but I absolutely HATE soft copy manuals. I'm completely old fashioned... Sit with a beer, manual, dog, read in the shade. With CD's or PDF, if you need something else you go SHIT, gotta print ANOTHER page... Get up, leave the beer to get warm. Nope paper only for me.

Note, I still use a business card holder, it's NEVER crashed and NEVER will, neither do paper books :)

Gary

If you want current then might be best to get latest Yamaha manual since it'll have any supplements for subsequent year changes. I'm not 100% sure but don't believe 2004's had any changes. The 05's did I know.

Thanks for the link, but I absolutely HATE soft copy manuals. I'm completely old fashioned... Sit with a beer, manual, dog, read in the shade. With CD's or PDF, if you need something else you go SHIT, gotta print ANOTHER page... Get up, leave the beer to get warm. Nope paper only for me.

Note, I still use a business card holder, it's NEVER crashed and NEVER will, neither do paper books :)

Gary

That's no problem. You should be able to take it to any print shop and get it printed. I don't imagine it would cost much. I bought mine from the local library for $20. They sell books that don't get checked out very often.

If you want current then might be best to get latest Yamaha manual since it'll have any supplements for subsequent year changes. I'm not 100% sure but don't believe 2004's had any changes. The 05's did I know.

What did they change in '05??:confused2:

The damper rod is different. Someone found out the hard way when ordering Racetech emulators.

The damper rod is different. Someone found out the hard way when ordering Racetech emulators.

Thanks......What's a damper rod??

Wait.......is that part of the fork??:confused2:

Thanks......What's a damper rod??

Wait.......is that part of the fork??:confused2:
Just ask Dannymax about forks, oil pressure and other such fork related service!
He's VMF's NY rep for fork sevice, he even earned a award for it! :whistlin:

:biglaugh:

:duck: <-----Redbone -----> ~~~~:rocket bike:

Latest posts

Back