Vmax sound

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
"GENERALLY" most bikes of a certain model sound the same.

I have two V4's both VERY different in acoustic signature. My Honda sounds like a WW2 buzz bomb, not an annoying sound, and the Max sounds like a large dog growling loudly, which I really like.

Assuming stock and aftermarket pipes how much does the Max differ in its sound? Mine is the only max I've heard up close so I have no frame of reference.

Is there a recorded library of this somewhere?

Are there any folks in here who actually recorded their exhaust sound?

I can hear a Vmax coming for miles away. It's such a distintive sound that nothing at all sounds like one.

Sean

"GENERALLY" most bikes of a certain model sound the same.

I have two V4's both VERY different in acoustic signature. My Honda sounds like a WW2 buzz bomb, not an annoying sound, and the Max sounds like a large dog growling loudly, which I really like.

Assuming stock and aftermarket pipes how much does the Max differ in its sound? Mine is the only max I've heard up close so I have no frame of reference.

Is there a recorded library of this somewhere?

Are there any folks in here who actually recorded their exhaust sound?
Go to this link to see and hear some Mark's exhausts.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=7943

It must be , my missus says she can hear me coming down the road before i get there . :punk:

My wife as well. She gets me about a quarter mile out, and usually has the garage open before I get there

Heck my 2 year old even knows when im omw home. about 1/4 mile or so according to the wife.

we have a v65 magna in the garage, used to have a gv1200 madura and a buddy of mine has a 750 madura. hopefully will be able to say i own a max but i've heard one. all v4's sound cool but i would guess it'd have to do with the firing order. Like I know, though.

THE HONDAS HAVE A EVEN FIRING ORDER WHICH MAKES THEIR EXHAUST SOUND DIFFERENT COMPARED TO THE MAX. THE MADURAS HAVE A V ANGLE SIMILIAR TO THE MAX BUT I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE CRANKSHAFT:ummm:

Back