VMOA yes Or no

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting use of semantics. When is a article not a article? When it is an event article. You did omit at least two that I can think of. But it is not about me. I met all my obligations as to submitting articles for the Vboost as Regional Director. On a volunteer basis. Even cost me money out of my pocket which I was glad to do. But Steve as you are the only paid professional in the VMOA, I have found, in my dealings with you, that you are less than professional. Which is even evident with your unwarranted reply trying to turn it into an attack on me. Once again Steve, it is not about me.
The contact information that is contained in the Vboost is for members only. Yet when the first Winter electronic Vboost was published you wasted no time and without any authorization from the VMOA to post it on your Facebook. I don't post my personal address and phone numbers on my Facebook. Very unprofessional of you in the least. I can only assume that when you are promoting yourself , no one else matters.
I have heard on more than one occasion that someone has sent a article to you for the Vboost. And never heard back from you or seen it in print. You can get defensive thinking that I'm blaming you of some dastardly deed however your conscientious dictates. But stuff does get lost in cyberspace. A simple remedy would be that articles be sent a few other people along with you and hopefully nothing falls through the cracks. Although you may want total control I personally do not believe that is good for the VMOA. It seems that is always a problem area for you.
I could go on but I really don't want to bore too many people here. I have been very much involved from my Director's position for long enough and since I don't smoke pot I remember stuff. I have always felt uncomfortable with the amount of members, the founders of the VMOA, being labeled as malcontents. So I have reached out to all the so=called malcontents, by phone or email, to find answers. Somehow in all the discussions I have had about what is wrong with the present VMOA your name always comes up. As long as I'm a member I will voice my opinion.
David Tavares #3505

Now Dave was that nice calling someone a POT HEAD :clapping: I am so happy that I dont belong to this mess anymore :eusa_dance: Was a member , was a director , still have the bump from :bang head: Trying to get things done , You guys need to stop the Vboost save the money for something else , You can't keep trying to repost up the same old sh-t the bike is old and there is a new gun in town called the Gen2 . Dont see many owners of them in the VMOA :ummm: That's cause there all on the FREE STAR SITE !!!!!!
Mark R

Interesting use of semantics. When is a article not a article? When it is an event article. You did omit at least two that I can think of. But it is not about me. I met all my obligations as to submitting articles for the Vboost as Regional Director. On a volunteer basis. Even cost me money out of my pocket which I was glad to do. But Steve as you are the only paid professional in the VMOA, I have found, in my dealings with you, that you are less than professional. Which is even evident with your unwarranted reply trying to turn it into an attack on me. Once again Steve, it is not about me.
The contact information that is contained in the Vboost is for members only. Yet when the first Winter electronic Vboost was published you wasted no time and without any authorization from the VMOA to post it on your Facebook. I don't post my personal address and phone numbers on my Facebook. Very unprofessional of you in the least. I can only assume that when you are promoting yourself , no one else matters.
I have heard on more than one occasion that someone has sent a article to you for the Vboost. And never heard back from you or seen it in print. You can get defensive thinking that I'm blaming you of some dastardly deed however your conscientious dictates. But stuff does get lost in cyberspace. A simple remedy would be that articles be sent a few other people along with you and hopefully nothing falls through the cracks. Although you may want total control I personally do not believe that is good for the VMOA. It seems that is always a problem area for you.
I could go on but I really don't want to bore too many people here. I have been very much involved from my Director's position for long enough and since I don't smoke pot I remember stuff. I have always felt uncomfortable with the amount of members, the founders of the VMOA, being labeled as malcontents. So I have reached out to all the so=called malcontents, by phone or email, to find answers. Somehow in all the discussions I have had about what is wrong with the present VMOA your name always comes up. As long as I'm a member I will voice my opinion.
David Tavares #3505

Dave,

You are wrong on a few facts here buddy. Firstly, all of the Directors were asked if they had an issue with their information being disseminated online. Only one said that he did not want his information in the Vboost that issue. Steve also had permission to post it to his personal Facebook page. As the Directors all had the opportunity to say no this again presented no issue to me. One thing I find is that if you talk to like minded people you will constantly bring up the same things. As I talk to many, many Vmaxxers around the world and very few mention Steve by name, and even fewer have a problem with him, I think you have a skewed point of view. Just my opinion and some facts you may not have paid attention to in the past. Or maybe you did smoke pot and forgot.... or is it just old age:rofl_200: Enjoy Mexico!!!

Dave,

You are wrong on a few facts here buddy. Firstly, all of the Directors were asked if they had an issue with their information being disseminated online. Only one said that he did not want his information in the Vboost that issue. Steve also had permission to post it to his personal Facebook page. As the Directors all had the opportunity to say no this again presented no issue to me. One thing I find is that if you talk to like minded people you will constantly bring up the same things. As I talk to many, many Vmaxxers around the world and very few mention Steve by name, and even fewer have a problem with him, I think you have a skewed point of view. Just my opinion and some facts you may not have paid attention to in the past. Or maybe you did smoke pot and forgot.... or is it just old age:rofl_200: Enjoy Mexico!!!

If few people are publishing articles for VBoost then there may be little need to mention Steve in casual conversation. Mr. Moore has already stated that there could be more folks publishing articles for the magazine.

To use the above analogy; if you talk with enough like-minded folks who do not have a problem (or are unaware that there is a problem) you may be led to the skewed conclusion that no problem exists.

Blaine

Jim, I am not wrong on a few facts. I remember clearly. It has only been about a year that you finally fessed up to giving Steve permission to post the Vboost to his Facebook. The directors were asked about doing the 2010 Winter edition electronically. I agreed, that is correct. But that was only that the Vboost was to be on the VMOA website available only to members. The decision or the permission to give Steve to post to his private Facebook was never brought to the Directors for approval. Neither was it brought to the Directors after Steve's posting that he had permission, obviously given by you. "This presented no issue to me" is your statement. At the time when someone brought forth Steve's Facebook posting you basically threw Steve under the Bus by being quiet about it until now. I know that it is written in the bylaws that if needed the President can make decisions. I had a long conversation about this with Kelvin at Thunder and saw after he would make an obvious effort to keep the Directors informed. I have had conversations with you over the phone on more than one occasion about transparency and involving the members in their association. It only takes two weeks to have a motion posted and the Directors vote on it. Surely Steve posting on Facebook didn't require an urgent decision. Which was also my point in the last election in the VMOA. Then you guys complain that members are not involved.( One correction I would like to make, just for the record, the first winter Vboost that went electronic wasn't because of a lack of material, it was because of a lack of money.) You told me it would require a change in the bylaws to post the elections on line. Then change it. Better yet, make the Director's list available to all the members of the VMOA. Too many behind the scenes deals go on. I could understand it if we were dealing with huge sums of money. The only way I can frame this stuff so that it makes any kind of sense is that it has to be egos.
David Tavares #3505

Dave,

Hey Dave why do you still care? :bang head: Blaine Dont waste your time , Jim this seems to be the same old crap . I am not a member and could never bring myself to do so when the same topic keeps comming up. Just my 2ct here but you guys really need to shop for a new vender for the VBOOST if you still keep it , You would never see a Real publisher post there work up on face book . Jim you know that you can do better but for some reason you just stay the same course . I think a better thing could be : Make a great web site ,post your how to , tech and mods and group rides and what ever stuff there and be done with the Vboost . You could Give a new member a T shirt a patch and lower the cost to join then say every year you come up with a new T to give to the people that pay their renew fees . Yes some people want their VBoost but times are tuff , Right now everything can be done on the net . Look I still ware my t shirts all the time and that's all I would want IMHO
:clapping:
Mark Rooney

Well -I will add something to this subject - I could put some shit on blast on this subject - I am going to hold for now - Changes need to come for the VMOA or it will fade away. I see a light that has turned on - My plans are on hold for June of this year to resign and quit the VMOA - I will wait to see if what I might be seeing and thinking is a change in THOUGHT PROCESS with the club - Lord knows I love my Bike and want to be part of something Great - The board knows I am a Blunt Person when I speak/type what is on my mind - Political Correctness is not part of me.

If I see the change - and it is legit - I will go back to my Dawgs and ask them to re-join the VMOA - and I will ask that the members that I know - to please stay. Members voices should be heard - lord knows they pay $40.00 a year so lets make it so they can - I know that not everyone will agree on everything but this is why we discuss and meet on some common ground.

If half the naysayers took a mere 10% of the time they use to go on at length (and I mean at length) against the VMOA and put that measly 10% INTO the VMOA, it would go more than a long way towards the results they claim to want to see happen!

Dare of the day: Quit griping about the VMOA! Join up or shut up! If you're in, you're in. Step up, grab the reigns and make the difference you claim to expect!

If you're out, then just get the farg out!

If you think the current administration isn't making any more changes/improvements than the last, then take over and let's see your efforts!

I'm not talking about being some obscure director over in some quiet district either. Then using the crutch of "poor me... I tried my best, but the big bad wolves at the top refused to listen to me".

Step up and take over a real position! The positions are up every two years aren't they?

Must be easier and a ton more fun to just sit on the sidelines and throw stones.

... I think a better thing could be : Make a great web site ,post your how to , tech and mods and group rides and what ever stuff there and be done with the Vboost . You could Give a new member a T shirt a patch and lower the cost to join then say every year you come up with a new T to give to the people that pay their renew fees . ...
Mark Rooney

Mark, that right there is a damned good idea in itself!

If that right there in a nutshell was the VMOA, I'd be super cool with that. My VMOA #, send me a T and a patch each year, a clean tidy site to look at... Not a bad idea. :punk:

G Man

So you know - I am A Regional Director - Tired of the old Ways! Mark Rooney is all to familiar w/ the drama on the board. 4049

Mark, that right there is a damned good idea in itself!

If that right there in a nutshell was the VMOA, I'd be super cool with that. My VMOA #, send me a T and a patch each year, a clean tidy site to look at... Not a bad idea. :punk:

G Man

G man , You have to know this one thing : For some reason the VMOA is tied to the Vboost and it's editor like some kind of money sucking Black Hole , Paul P offered to do a Vboost for like nothing But NO ,in the past Kelvin renewed a contract without a vote and so on and so on , Look for what it coasts to print and get mailed its not worth it .Sorry for the few that don't have the internet oh well :looser: Cool web sites are out there to be had or made at little cost, thay could contain everything that is needed . If you loose some people so what (they are dropping out anyway) you just might get the Gen 2 and some of the people that Google Vmax and find a great site to join up and get a cool T shirt and have a data base of people in their area to ride with IMHO

Oh also loose the VMOA store ! that is a joke and a big waste of money that is tied up in unused or unwanted crap:ummm: the people that ran it in the past used it like it was thier own and spent all kinds of money , They had their whole family and friends in free t shirts LOL
Mark Rooney

I just have to say that I was a member back in 2002 for a few years when I lived in North Carolina and let my Membership Expire due to a lack of Rides/Events.
I renewed my Membership last year just before Thunder in he Valley and couldn't be happier.
Attending Thunder last year alone was well worth my Membership fee.
It's pure pleasure to meet and ride with other VMax owners that feel the same way about their Vmax as I do.
Riding with over 50 Vmaxes is something I won't soon forget.
$40 is Not a lot of money and if there are at least 2-3 Rides/Events a year in my area that's all I need to feel that the cost is justified.
I do enjoy getting the VBoost, and will contribute articles whenever I attend a Ride/event and have time to write an article about that Ride.

I just helped Jim Set up the Spring Ice Breaker this year and the fact that he wanted it to be in NY this year only shows how much he and the other Riders from Canada want to be sure that as many Vmaxers as possible could attend.
Thank You VMOA Ontario Chapter for including us !!!!
I (and I'm sure the other NY Riders) really do appreciate it and I'm sure we'll have a Great time.

As for the current Leadership,
I feel that they are taking a Very active role in trying to improve the VMOA.
I'll definitely be renewing my membership this year.

Ultimately with the VMOA (or any other user based/controlled group), the more you're willing to put into it, the more you'll get out of it.

Like I said in a past post - I see a light that turned on - I hope that it leads to change ( for everyone in the VMOA ) - I am not trying to bad mouth anyone about this subject - I would love to see the thrill I once had back about VMOA!

Hey Dave why do you still care? :bang head: Blaine Dont waste your time , Jim this seems to be the same old crap . I am not a member and could never bring myself to do so when the same topic keeps comming up. Just my 2ct here but you guys really need to shop for a new vender for the VBOOST if you still keep it , You would never see a Real publisher post there work up on face book . Jim you know that you can do better but for some reason you just stay the same course . I think a better thing could be : Make a great web site ,post your how to , tech and mods and group rides and what ever stuff there and be done with the Vboost . You could Give a new member a T shirt a patch and lower the cost to join then say every year you come up with a new T to give to the people that pay their renew fees . Yes some people want their VBoost but times are tuff , Right now everything can be done on the net . Look I still ware my t shirts all the time and that's all I would want IMHO
:clapping:
Mark Rooney

+1 Mark! Good idea about the lower cost membership and cost saving ideas. A great website is vital. I know some folks like to think there is a distinct difference between a club like the VMOA and a website like this. However, to quote an over-used clich? "it's all about what you put into it" and many folks on this site put a lot of time and effort into making this a community of riders and a great place to meet, learn, and ride.

Blaine

When I joined the VMOA it was a great place & I met lots of nice people there & I have stayed a member for that reason. JIm is trying real hard to make it work again & there have been a lot of good oppinions here. I really dont know what else to add at this time but I will stay on board a bit & hope it all gets worked out & turned around. Keep up the good work Jim

I was going to join about 4 years ago but it was a crazy amount of time to become a member and it seemed like it was a waste of time. I also heard from a few people not to waste my money.
But I am willing to join. The second time I tried to join the website was all messed up.
I plan to join this year.
Hope everyone can get along. I'm in the dark here so I don't know what any of these issues are so I'll keep my 2cents to myself and put it towards my dues :clapping:

Would love to see a ride in the new England area sometime soon :punk:

I was going to join about 4 years ago but it was a crazy amount of time to become a member and it seemed like it was a waste of time. I also heard from a few people not to waste my money.
But I am willing to join. The second time I tried to join the website was all messed up.
I plan to join this year.
Hope everyone can get along. I'm in the dark here so I don't know what any of these issues are so I'll keep my 2cents to myself and put it towards my dues :clapping:

Would love to see a ride in the new England area sometime soon :punk:

Everyone should get along regardless of one's affiliation. When I suggest a Buffalo Wings Run or want to participate in a Pizza Run it doesn't matter who is a member of what as long as everyone is cool and wants to have fun. I have been welcomed on VMOA rides even as a non-member, non-VMax rider. I would be surprised if you showed up at Thunder as a non-VMOA member and were told you could not attend their rides. Any member of a group that excludes you because you aren't a 'fellow member' isn't worth the time of day as a rider or as a person.

Blaine

I believe that was a good suggestion by Mark. I would rather see the Vboost go and dues get lowered. The Vboost was never meant to be supported by member's dues. It was supposed to be supported by advertisements. Or keep the Vboost but make it by subscription only and supported by those subscriptions. For me the value of the VMOA is the motorcycle, the friendships and info that springs from that. I have done a bunch of mods to my Vmax and all the info came from online sources. Right on about riding with a bunch of other Vmaxers. The magazine is fluff , expensive fluff, the real stuff happens when you turn the key and hit the start button.
David T. #3505

I believe that was a good suggestion by Mark. I would rather see the Vboost go and dues get lowered. The Vboost was never meant to be supported by member's dues. It was supposed to be supported by advertisements. Or keep the Vboost but make it by subscription only and supported by those subscriptions. For me the value of the VMOA is the motorcycle, the friendships and info that springs from that. I have done a bunch of mods to my Vmax and all the info came from online sources. Right on about riding with a bunch of other Vmaxers. The magazine is fluff , expensive fluff, the real stuff happens when you turn the key and hit the start button.
David T. #3505

I met all my Vmax friends from the member list on line and from there the Yahoo site , Allmost all have left the VMOA but are still my friends and ride buddies :biglaugh: In fact Mark B who now has a Gen 2 will take the time to come film me at the Drag strip on my Busa just for support :clapping:If I have a problem that I can't get right all I have to do is post up on the Yahoo site , this site , or the Star site and will have 10 answers right away or make a few phone calls and someone will be at my doorstep, Thats the way it is as a Vmax owner! Give me a tee and a list of people to call , who cares what ya ride lets have some fun no Fluff needed!

Mark Rooney

Latest posts

Back