Water pump advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeorze

Reaction score
For whatever reason my water pump started leaking from the weep hole. So I replaced the complete assembly with a new one from Bikebandit,com. Here's the issue I get everything put back together, start her up and while checking for leaks I see theat my oil is contaminated (milky):bang head:, I shut down immediately, drained the oil, and removed the filter. I let it cool down and checked the coolant level and it hadn't moved at all.

When I replaced the water pump I drained the oil first and replaced the oil drain plug and then drain the coolant. My question is is it possible that when I removed the original water pump that remaining coolant could have leaked into the oil? I ask this because there was only a small amount of coolant in the oil or could my new pump have bad seals. Thanks

This easiest way to find out is to put fresh oil in and run it again. If it's clean then you're good and it was just a spill.
If not, you could have a bad seal in the pump, or it's possible it's not mounted quite right, or you're missing a seal/washer or equivalent.

Just put fresh oil in it and ran it, had just a slight indication of coolant in the oil, I think it could be residue from the old contaminated oil. In any case I'm going to flushit a couple of times with fresh oil and see what happens. thanks

SORRY FOR YOUR TROUBLES ! KEEP A REAL CLOSE EYE ON THIS , ANTIFREEZE PLAYS HAVIC ON INTERNAL ENGINE PARTS OF ANY COMBUSTION ENGINE , AND IT DOES'NT TAKE LONG FOR IT TO DO CATISTROPHIC DAMAGE ! YOU MAY ALSO WHAT TO CALL SEAN MORLEY ! YOU NO , YOU PROBABLY SHOULD CALL MY WIFE , SHE SEAMS TO NO EVERY FUCKING THING ANYMORE ! " LOL " :rofl_200:

Just got done flushing some clean oil through the motor and no coolant in the oil It all seems to be OK but I went ahead and ordered all the parts to rebuild my old water pump just to be on the safe side.

you will get coolant ino the oil when chaging the pump so it was likely just a bit left over. Then you can never get all the oil out of the engine on a change so it will take a couple of times to get it all.

Sean

Thanks Sean, I flushed three times with clean oil and all seems to be well, I guess I paranoid about it now so I'll be checking that oil sight window everytime before I ride. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back