What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just went for my first ride since my accident last August 2nd!! :punk::punk::punk::clapping:

FUK YA!!!!!!

pics below: Before, after and present :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• Vmax Before Accident.jpg
    Vmax Before Accident.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Pre-Accident.jpg
    Pre-Accident.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 24
  • After Accident.jpg
    After Accident.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20110614-00142.jpg
    IMG-20110614-00142.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 26
Shifter looks good Zippo......ready for your reward ? Just bulljiving ya, bike looks good enjoy.....:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Shifter looks good Zippo......ready for your reward ? Just bulljiving ya, bike looks good enjoy.....:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

I deserve every bit of that ribbing! LMFAO!!! :rofl_200:
I have more painting to do and I have a new Shift rod on order. :clapping:

Installed my COPS kit from Gannon, damn nice I must say! Bike does start easier and runs noticeably smoother but I did put fresh plugs in at the same time, kit saved 2lbs and every little bit counts! Made some spacers and bought a couple new caliper bolts and got my strap for the front all set up and ready to go, changed the differential oil cause I'm pretty sure it's still the same stuff from 94 and it was nasty! Now just waiting for my tether kill switch to get here and hopefully the weather is nice so I can race again Friday :eusa_dance:

I switched out the Mitsu COPs for a set of Denso's. Can't say I feel much of a difference in overall running, but the misfire was either gone or not acting up on my ride today. Don't want to say too soon, since it's fooled me before by running great for a ride or two before acing up again.

New Denso's (2009 GSXR 600) are slightly longer than the Mistu's( 2007 R6) too. They still work okay for the Max, but take a bit more finageling to get into place.

I switched out the Mitsu COPs for a set of Denso's. Can't say I feel much of a difference in overall running, but the misfire was either gone or not acting up on my ride today. Don't want to say too soon, since it's fooled me before by running great for a ride or two before acing up again.

New Denso's (2009 GSXR 600) are slightly longer than the Mistu's( 2007 R6) too. They still work okay for the Max, but take a bit more finageling to get into place.

Gannon sent me Denso's too, so far I like them and it was easy to install. I was surprised how easy I got the front coils out, maybe I'm starting to figure this bike out :biglaugh:

Sorry it took so long to respond, worked late today, came right home and put the black rear rim on my bike. Ill post some pictures of the powder coating and some of the parts i've made.

Today I fixed my avatar. I guess I forgot to change it after I finished tweaking my bike. Anyway, now I've got a picture of the max instead of a picture of my Rocket.

Radial tires - Michelin Pilot road 3s - awesome! :eusa_dance:
On 17" Kosman rear and 1985 front. Wheels from Morley.

Rear now weighs 4.5 lbs less than stock and the front is 7 lbs less.

Dale #2592

Attachments

• Stock wheels with metzs.jpg
    Stock wheels with metzs.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Kosman rear 85 front with Pilot road 3s.jpg
    Kosman rear 85 front with Pilot road 3s.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Pilot Road 3 rear.jpg
    Pilot Road 3 rear.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 30
that looks like a really 'ovally' radial. whats the pressure on it?

love the '85 front look. i thought about having kosman make it a 18x3.5 for a little while.

Modified a scooter nose to cover the Vapor speedo and provide a dash board for clock, voltmeter, cigarette lighter output, LED turn signal indicator lights left & right at the line of sight, with running / turning signal relocation & a useless mini wind shield:rofl_200:.

Attachments

• max nose 007 (800 x 600).jpg
    max nose 007 (800 x 600).jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 26
that looks like a really 'ovally' radial. whats the pressure on it?

love the '85 front look. i thought about having kosman make it a 18x3.5 for a little while.

thks, I love the that 85 wheel. First flight today. Rear is a 180/55- 17 at 40 psi. I can really lean with these on! :punk:

Dale #2592

thks, I love the that 85 wheel. First flight today. Rear is a 180/55- 17 at 40 psi. I can really lean with these on! :punk:

Dale #2592

is 40psi a little too high? i thought low/mid 30's for radials?

Latest posts

Back