What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope its a land rover color with gold & blue green pearl in the clear. A lot diffrent tan the stang when its next to it.

Kyle, your bike looks badass! I really like the color as well, I'll bet in person it even looks better! It does have a kinda teal look on the pics but with the gold and blue green in the clear it probably looks really cool in the sun. Lookin good:punk:

Kyle, your bike looks badass! I really like the color as well, I'll bet in person it even looks better! It does have a kinda teal look on the pics but with the gold and blue green in the clear it probably looks really cool in the sun. Lookin good:punk:
Thanks ! The faux cover & front fender are lighter than the rest I need to repaint them. I also have some of the bling from Patmax but I have not got around to putting it on yet.

Hello All, So tonight I headed down to the local Hooters Bike night, just chillin with some buds when I noticed that my rear fender was loose!!! "What the hell" was the first thing that came to mind, the next was "I wonder what size is the center bolt under the grab bar". so here I am on the forum and can't find the specs on this stupid bolt. Will someone out there please tell me what size bolt is the single fastener under the grab rail? Also is there a gromet or washer between the fender and and mounting surface? One last thing, doesthe fastener need a nut, or does it fasten to a threaded boss?

The center bolt is a 10mm head and there are two other larger bolts that go through the grab bar/fender/reinforcement that are 12mm or so and then there are two more screws back at the license plate and they screw into clips that slide into molded brackets in the fender.

I just replaced my fender and the reinforcement piece because the center bolt was the only thing holding it all together and finally ripped through while I was doing a little burnout which happened to catch the license plate on the tire and bent the license plate! lol

Thank you for the input Sarchin, but do you know the specs of the single center bolt? Thread pitch and length?
Also is there a gromet/gasket of any kind to fit between the fender and mounting bracket?
Does the bolt thread in from the top or the bottom?
Does the bolt require a nut or does it thread into the grab bar?
I replaced my grab bar with a factory back rest and I don't remember how the single center bolt fastened. All the other bolts are there, but it looks like one of the plastic tabs that slide into the fender might be broke now.
Thanks in advance for your help....

Thank you for the input Sarchin, but do you know the specs of the single center bolt? Thread pitch and length?
Also is there a gromet/gasket of any kind to fit between the fender and mounting bracket?
Does the bolt thread in from the top or the bottom?
Does the bolt require a nut or does it thread into the grab bar?
I replaced my grab bar with a factory back rest and I don't remember how the single center bolt fastened. All the other bolts are there, but it looks like one of the plastic tabs that slide into the fender might be broke now.
Thanks in advance for your help....

I don't know the thread pitch for the center bolt but the length is around one inch long.

There are two little rubber grommets under the seat on the two tabs where the fender slips onto the frame -- part #12 (2 of them)

The three bolts under the seat have nuts with them. And the two screws by the license plate screws into clips that slip into fender molds -- part #'s 10 and 11 (one of each) are the center nut and bolt and parts #'s 8 and 9 are the nut and bolts (2 of each) that go through the grab bar, and part #'s 15 and 16 are the license plate area screws (2 of each). My stealership is actually cheaper than yamaha parts house if I order online but they still charge shipping so I use picking the parts up as a good reason to go for a ride!

I bought all my parts from the stealership but they are pretty generic and anything will work as long as the bolts do not stick down to far under the fender.

http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/hom...X12F_(1994_MOTORCYCLE)/FENDER_(VMX12F_-_1994)

Sweet Thanx!! I just spent a minute and found some cool information out from VMAX OUTLAW site about fastener part number for Yamaha.....
Part #10 is 95817-06020-00 , notice in the center "06020" means M6 x 20mm
part #11 is 95780-06500-00 , notice in the center "06500" means M6 x 1/2

Kind of cool I thought....

Changed my Oil (Shell Rotella T 15W-40) and Filter (Bosch 3323).
Had my New Front Tire (Bridgestone Battlaxx 45V) Installed and went for about a 60 Mile Test Ride Yesterday.
And the Tread pattern is Very similar to my Shinko TM230 Rear Tire.
It feels good so far, just as Stable as the Metzeler Lasertec I replaced and for about 1/2 the price. :)

PS
Checked my Date/Mileage for my Shinko TM 230 Rear Tire, so far it's been 9 (Fall/Winter) Months/3,000 Miles and I have about 1/2 the Tread left.
So it seems to be holding up as well as just about every other V Rated Tire I have ever used on the Rear (Bridgestone, Michelin, and Dunlop)

Attachments

• Bridgestone_BT_45V_2.jpg
    Bridgestone_BT_45V_2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 13
Changed rear Progressive shocks out on the C.F. / Black '98 . Raised the rear about 2 inches and drove it in the rain. Seems to corner better and felt more stable . Pics of the new ones when the sun comes back out. Here's the old 412 s

Attachments

• # 2 Group Chip 288.jpg
    # 2 Group Chip 288.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 24
Changed rear Progressive shocks out on the C.F. / Black '98 . Raised the rear about 2 inches and drove it in the rain. Seems to corner better and felt more stable . Pics of the new ones when the sun comes back out. Here's the old 412 s

Man, your bike is just bad ass... :biglaugh:

Thanks guys , I truly appreciate it .

You know , I thought it was done about 3 years ago , and really was proud of it , and then boom , one day , a few neat parts became available , and I decided to update & transform it again. Jim Rogers , KJ , and a lot of our brothers did the same thing. Part Monkey disease I guess , and part VMaxxer .

2005 Transformation

Attachments

• '98  Transformed 2005.jpg
    '98 Transformed 2005.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 37
  • '98 Transformed 2005.jpg
    '98 Transformed 2005.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 39
Thanks KJ , and back at ya ! Black is truly the baddest " color " for the Max IMHO.
The sun came out yesterday , so I had a chance to take it through the corners. No scraping of the belly pan now , so I'm liking the extra clearance and bumps in the corners are soaked up much better than the 412s . I'm making some more adjustments to the shocks today and hope to have it dialed in for the mountains next week.

Attachments

• DSC03096.jpg
    DSC03096.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC03126.jpg
    DSC03126.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 24
Look Like progressive 430's I've got a set of those I haven't been able to install yet. Id love to hear your thoughts/ review on them! I was gonna go with 440's but the 30's look so much better

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Look Like progressive 430's I've got a set of those I haven't been able to install yet. Id love to hear your thoughts/ review on them! I was gonna go with 440's but the 30's look so much better

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I am impressed thus far , 1 hour flogging through some famililar curves and a brief run down I-20. Going back out today after some adjusting and hope to stretch it out a bit more until i hear the belly pan scraping .

I am impressed thus far , 1 hour flogging through some famililar curves and a brief run down I-20. Going back out today after some adjusting and hope to stretch it out a bit more until i hear the belly pan scraping .
Nice looking bike

Back