What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Yep the Remington 870 with 18" Barrel and Pistol Grip, is the Perfect Home Defense Weapon IMO.
But a .44 Mag is pretty damn intimidating too.
Those Street Sweepers are the S**T though, I don't don't know they'd even sell them to civilians though.
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/safr/striker-protecta-e.html

EDIT
Back on Topic: Sadly, I didn't do anything o my Vmax today not even ride it.

Mine is in the shop to see about an erratic idle. Three will sync, one won't, & haven't found any vacuum leak yet. Float level is OK. It will idle OK at start, but after riding it the idle wants to go between 2-3K. Cables have plenty of slack, not pinched. I replaced both upper & lowers this year after having the 20-year-old originals still in-place. The old ones still apparently worked fine, I did it for PM more than anything else.

Finally got the Indigo Blue '90 done ( for now ) to compete with the Mercedes Benz Metallic Black w/ Carbon Fiber '98 .

Attachments

• VMax Blue '90.jpg
    VMax Blue '90.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC03105.jpg
    DSC03105.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 45
^ Yep the Remington 870 with 18" Barrel and Pistol Grip, is the Perfect Home Defense Weapon IMO.
But a .44 Mag is pretty damn intimidating too.
Those Street Sweepers are the S**T though, I don't don't know they'd even sell them to civilians though.
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/safr/striker-protecta-e.html

EDIT
Back on Topic: Sadly, I didn't do anything o my Vmax today not even ride it.

I had all three; Never did shoot the sweeper much. It was pretty cool though, I ended up selling it to another cop, last I heard it's now full of 12ga beanbags. Load up the big cyl and wind it up, then you're ready to go.

I still have my mod 29 and 870 :biglaugh:

Back on topic :) Just finished some homework, now it's time to go back out and finish some brackets.

Attachments

• S&W29.jpg
    S&W29.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Rifles.jpg
    Rifles.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 19
No worky on Max for me today as busy elsewhere, but yesterday I finished fitting the larger tank, put on the COPs (and removed all 4 OEM coils), finished rattle-caning the rear shorter mudguard, fitted it, and the LED taillight, LED blinkers (man those are BRIGHT), reset the forks to the right height as they were dropped a bit, and now I'm just waiting for a few carb parts to finish it up. Oh, and I got read of those silly reflectors stuck on the reflectors (!), refitted the cool mirrors the bike came with (they're HD mirrors LOL), fitted the new Vmax M/C caps, and polished the Dale Walker slip-ons some.

Quick question - the blinkers seem to start by blinking at normal speed for a coupla seconds, then go fast blinking. What's the replacement blinker relay? I don't care for self-cancellation I just want them to blink at normal speed..

I'll also be posting a couple of photos of bits that fell off that I can't work out where the hell they came from!

Brad Pitt ("Seven") "What's in the box?"

Well, let us see...

Picked these up today, courtesy of mattmullins:clapping:

Attachments

• Dyna.jpg
    Dyna.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 26
Figure id post this here ,as its great news that I must share with the gang.
In case yall didnt hear in the carb thread...

With much help from the man known as "95Spfldmax..we (he) got my problem solved.
Sunday, we ripped the carbs off (after some diagnostics) to find that 1 of the needles was stuck.I mean friggin stuck to the point of needing to pull it out with pliers!!
The thing was all "choppy" almost seraded, and was hangin up in the seat.
after scavanging a few parts from his extra carbs from the attic...(I owe ya..big time)
a quick cleaning, float adjust and re assembly was all it took to get this thing runnin on 4 cyl .
she still needs a sync.. but let me tell ya..THIS is the vmax ive heard tell of. I cant believe I been runnin on 3 for the last 2 months.

Thanks much man. I Owe you big time..
awesome guy..awesome forum.

thanks again..

this bike is sick..i cant even imagine after a sync.

awesome..

T$

Glad a forum member helped you out. And now you get to enjoy your bike! So, you like "all-four," and what about VBoost, now?

Glad a forum member helped you out. And now you get to enjoy your bike! So, you like "all-four," and what about VBoost, now?

Thanks..yeah, vboost was lacking i guess..to say the least.
I had it around 7k in second, but it all happend so fast.and my helmet almost got sucked off my head.let me tell ya Im still getting used to thos four cylinder monster.
Technically, its only my third day of actually owning a vmax..that runs correctly..and it is fckin nuts. ;)

again..awesome forum/awesome guys..

t$

Purchased a Sync Pro gauge on eBay for $77.00 and synchronized the carburetors, carb 2 and 3 were way out of wack!

Update: all I can say is OMG! night and day difference with the throttle response and G-FORCES .....:thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

With much help from the man known as "95Spfldmax..we (he) got my problem solved.
Sunday, we ripped the carbs off (after some diagnostics) to find that 1 of the needles was stuck.I mean friggin stuck to the point of needing to pull it out with pliers!!
The thing was all "choppy" almost seraded, and was hangin up in the seat.
after scavanging a few parts from his extra carbs from the attic...(I owe ya..big time)
a quick cleaning, float adjust and re assembly was all it took to get this thing runnin on 4 cyl .
she still needs a sync.. but let me tell ya..THIS is the vmax ive heard tell of. I cant believe I been runnin on 3 for the last 2 months.

this bike is sick..i cant even imagine after a sync. awesome..

Good to here Mike straightened you out. Good on ya Mike.
The biggest reason I love this bike is the throttle responce. Many will outrun you on the top end, but a side by side roll on? Whack that throttle and feel the
G force. I think the hump in the seat is to keep the rider from sliding right off.
Steve-o

Received and installed my new Gen2 style carbon fiber scoops. I like the look of them on the bike. Still need some insert grilles as it just doesn't right the way they are now.

This is the first step of the transformation of my max over the winter.:eusa_dance:

Mike

Attachments

• 100_1362.jpg
    100_1362.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 100_1363.jpg
    100_1363.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_1364.jpg
    100_1364.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_1365.jpg
    100_1365.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_1366.jpg
    100_1366.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 34
Received and installed my new Gen2 style carbon fiber scoops. I like the look of them on the bike. Still need some insert grilles as it just doesn't right the way they are now.

This is the first step of the transformation of my max over the winter.:eusa_dance:

Mike
Looks great Mike! I'm looking forward to seeing what more you have planned for this winter!:punk:

Looks great Mike! I'm looking forward to seeing what more you have planned for this winter!:punk:

I have a few ideas on how I want to change the look of my max. Originally wanted to get body work painted Blood Red (and may still), but than i came across this site for red carbon vinyl, so I am gonna order some and give it a try to see how looks matched with the black carbon scoops.

Gotta keep busy over the winter and it's my max's turn for a make over.

Mike

http://www.decalfx.com/3d_carbon_fiber_red_sheets.html

Started putting the bike back together. Waiting for the nitrous testing electronics, but I'm in no hurry. Fitting the tail to the new brackets. Tomorrow, some more additions and paint. :biglaugh:

p1040026pp.jpg

p1040024u.jpg

Started putting the bike back together. Waiting for the nitrous testing electronics, but I'm in no hurry. Fitting the tail to the new brackets. Tomorrow, some more additions and paint. :biglaugh:

p1040026pp.jpg

p1040024u.jpg

we need a 'like' button!

N2O portion done. Now it's going to be the fuel solenoid next. Then the bench testing will begin. I also have a Vmax specific item that I'll have done by this weekend.

nitroussolenoid.jpg

Back