What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swung a leg over the '99 and went for a nice 65 mile cruise....it was a beautiful day, even saw a few other bikes out!!

PCW's fine tuning was very evident, smooth as silk and powerful! :punk:

I got my carbs synced today. It was a balmy 39 degree's so I thought it would be a good day for that. The guy said they were quite a bit out, and the air/ fuel was off a bit. I didn't ride to much after I picked it up (See Temps) But the noticeable difference was on the low end. The idle was smoother and It revved up much Quicker. I gained a new low end snap.
Tim

rode in today. commuting in december. in new england. safely! wow. anyways it was chilly but not unbearable. didn't even try the highway tho. grip warmers and handguards were key. thumbs were still a bit cold tho.

Well, pulled the baffle on the Kerker 4-1 today, anticipating the arrival of the comp baffle. (It was rainy, cold and nasty out, anyway...) Couldn't resist the urge to fire it up. OMG.

When the wife gets home tonight, I'll take her into the garage and ask her how she likes my latest mod. This should go over, well.

commuted again today. much warmer at 33?

Shit, almost t-shirt weather Garrett!!:biglaugh:

I got a little running around to do today, definitely gonna do it on a v max...prolly the '06.....she's been patiently waiting while '99 got all the attention recently!!

Do I think of my bikes as little living, breathing beings?? Of course not....don't be foolish!! :punk:

Shit, almost t-shirt weather Garrett!!:biglaugh:

I got a little running around to do today, definitely gonna do it on a v max...prolly the '06.....she's been patiently waiting while '99 got all the attention recently!!

Do I think of my bikes as little living, breathing beings?? Of course not....don't be foolish!! :punk:

Well of course not......

Vmaxes are BIG!!!!!!:biglaugh:

Well, pulled the baffle on the Kerker 4-1 today, anticipating the arrival of the comp baffle. (It was rainy, cold and nasty out, anyway...) Couldn't resist the urge to fire it up. OMG.

When the wife gets home tonight, I'll take her into the garage and ask her how she likes my latest mod. This should go over, well.

So.......what did she think?????
:rofl_200::rofl_200:

I rode to work this morning. Dry, but only 29-degrees F.

Did I mention that I LOVE my new heated gloves? I was actually a bit too warm when I got into the office, and couldn't get my gear off soon enough. My only mistake was wearing a 1/2 face warmer instead of my full. I got some cold air on my forehead.

Oh but those gloves ... its like bloody paradise out there.

It was so funny. I sold it as, "Come check out the sound of my new exhaust.". She rolled her eyes and went into the garage, not knowing the trap my son and I had set for her.

When I hit the starter and the Max barked to life, she looked like the kid in Home Alone as she slapped her hands to the sided of her face, shrieked and RAN out of the garage.

Adam and I were laughing our butts off, and I got my shoulder suitably pounded when we went inside. I'm still laughing as I type this on my phone. She'll get me back, somehow.

It was so funny. I sold it as, "Come check out the sound of my new exhaust.". She rolled her eyes and went into the garage, not knowing the trap my son and I had set for her.

When I hit the starter and the Max barked to life, she looked like the kid in Home Alone as she slapped her hands to the sided of her face, shrieked and RAN out of the garage.

Adam and I were laughing our butts off, and I got my shoulder suitably pounded when we went inside. I'm still laughing as I type this on my phone. She'll get me back, somehow.

That's a good one:rofl_200:

rode it to work today, with a nice ride after work,but something feels funny ,like somethings loose in the back. squirly feeling but not all the time,maybe I hit soom ice.lol

Took the moneys from selling my headlight, instrument cowel, and a little from savings and ordered my new headlights.

Attachments

• headlights.jpg
    headlights.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 20
Could that be cold shinko's.....not having their customary stickiness? :confused2:
Possibilty Dan,I was thinkin swingarm bushings kinda squirly:ummm:gotta look closer or hammer it harder till I figure it out ,but ill get it.

Took the bike out for a 50 mile ride yesterday and it rode great,
I re gapped my plugs to 23 and fired it up and now carb #2 is doing what carb #3 was doing last week (no fuel to the cyl.) I sware it`s owning a top fuel car , It seems that after every run its back to the pits for a tear down:bang head::bang head::bang head: so tomorrow off come the carbs again and and carb #2 gets surgery.
why me ???
<<Dave>>:damn angry:

rode it to work today, with a nice ride after work,but something feels funny ,like somethings loose in the back. squirly feeling but not all the time,maybe I hit soom ice.lol

Possibilty Dan,I was thinkin swingarm bushings kinda squirly:ummm:gotta look closer or hammer it harder till I figure it out ,but ill get it.

rick, is it the first time u've had her out since the back end was apart a good 10 times?

wait nvm we went out sunday. something maybe not tightened 100%?

I seafoamed it and took it for it's final ride of the season:damn angry:

Latest posts

Back