What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, thats a shitload of snow! I guess I need to be thankful that we only got 6" on Christmas Eve.

Now back to the thread.... Last week I re-installed the ceramic coated rear headers and S-trapp cans. No more turning gold from the heat and they run a lot cooler now:biglaugh: I also powdercoated some new pegs I picked up. Thanks again for the good deal Garrett:eusa_dance:

were u unable to powdercoat the brackets as well?

45 and a little sun but not enough to dry the roads.Pluged in the lap top put in a leaner map , turned on the air temp correction,adjusted throttle pump effect,and reset the engine load sensor,ran great in the drive ,smoke that shinko at will,(love smokin fatties) gave her a quick shower and put her away till the rds dry:clapping:cant wait! danny you listening?[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I'm here, just staring at the calendar!! And working on my shop! Can't just sit & wait....you know how it is!! :punk:

Swapped my bars out for a set of Superbike bars and swapped out my halogen headlight for a HID setup...:eusa_dance:

What did you do, pull the shingles and sheeting off the roof to change a light bulb? :biglaugh:

:rofl_200::rofl_200:

I started mine again today.......:tantrum:

If it weren't for all the salt on the road I could'a went for a ride:damn angry:

Garrett, are you talkiing about the peg adapters? If so, the front adapters were PC'd. I almost did the rear adapters, but kept them chrome by choice.

haha yea those thingies! i've been getting some emails for 40% off retail so basically what i sold them to you for so thinking of maybe getting some down the road...

whats your impressions so far?

I looked at it while I cleaned the garage this morning. Jan 11th is the day I place the order for all the new stuff. Soon I'll have a matching rotor for the rear, Tail section w/pillion pad, double scoops, and then I'll finish putting the LED accent lights on her then she'll be done and ready for summer.

On Christmas at my parents I walked down stairs into the basement and turned the key to fill the float bowls up with fresh fuel.

It's still snug as a bug in a rug...

Chris

Wow, thats a shitload of snow! I guess I need to be thankful that we only got 6" on Christmas Eve.

Now back to the thread.... Last week I re-installed the ceramic coated rear headers and S-trapp cans. No more turning gold from the heat and they run a lot cooler now:biglaugh: I also powdercoated some new pegs I picked up. Thanks again for the good deal Garrett:eusa_dance:

Looks great Clay! Where did you get the bolts for the rotors and Carr webs? I need to 86 my black ones as they rust when wet.

Chris

Looks great Clay! Where did you get the bolts for the rotors and Carr webs? I need to 86 my black ones as they rust when wet.

Chris

Thanks Chris! You have an excellent eye:eusa_dance:

I killed those rusting SOB's right after I put the Carrs & Rotors on. The button head stainless bolts were from a local nut and bolt supplier. Their warehouse is like searching for metric stainless gold. If you know what I mean? Anyway, they came unpolished so I spent a few minutes making them shine on my buffer and they sealed the deal.

Did the pea shooter today, still trying to get the somewhat sloppy 3k RPM and below performance worked out. Too damn cold and nasty today to ride to find out if it helped, or not (as I suspect). :bang head:

Well I finally got around to pulling the tank out of my bike & cleaning it with acid letting it dry out now so I can seal it in the morning & finish cleaning my carbs & I got the 85 FJ 1100 that I just bought fired up & synced the carbs on it just what I needed another project.LOL

Back