What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I know but always something. This morning I think I found the short. When I hit the brakes the 2nd 10amp fuse blows. Getting there, little by little. For some reason no one wants to be around me when working on this project. Even my new Doggy hangs back. The neighbors shuttering up their windows and double locking doors. Got so frustrated I took the 84' Venture out for a ride the other day. Just because I wanted to be on a bike that runs like it should..... :mad:
I found a wire pinched between the Sissy mount, where it bolts through the rear fender. All is okay wiring wise, for now. Waiting for my New Slave Master Cylinder and 'Another' Clutch master cylinder rebuild kit. Also ordered new Bolts for the Starter clutch in case I need to go back in. 🙄
All this from Ronayers.com. I think we are becoming family because of the 2 Timing Bit----h. #$$%^&!

Let us know how it is. Thinking of going that route also.
320 miles on Sunday over a 9 hour period. Most I have ever done on a Vmax in a single day. Seat seems to be worth the expense. I can imagine it will also get better after the 2k mile "break in" that Corbin recommends. Now if I could only not have to stop so often for fuel.......

320 miles on Sunday over a 9 hour period. Most I have ever done on a Vmax in a single day. Seat seems to be worth the expense. I can imagine it will also get better after the 2k mile "break in" that Corbin recommends. Now if I could only not have to stop so often for fuel.......
One of my Virago Corbin's took about 2500-3000 to break in but I only weigh 165 which was part of the issue. Once it was there it was great.

Someone actually knew the answer?
No-one got it.

When I began my firefighting career in south Florida, I learned how-to operate the pump and how-to drive (er, 'ride?') an open-cab Seagrave with a 1,000 GPM Hale centrifugal pump. The engine was a straight-eight cyl with dual ignition: if one crapped-out, switch-over to the other. The engine was actually a Pierce-Arrow Automobile Co. powerplant which Seagrave had purchased the rights to, when Pierce-Arrow was liquidated. They used it for decades. On the front of the hood, was "The Light From Mars," which oscillated about ninety degrees laterally, a bright red light sweeping your forward path. It also had a siren, a squirrel-cage design that would modulate its pitch by the way it was driven: leave it engaged and dogs would start howling. That was a Sireno!

Sireno siren and horns.png

The body of the Seagrave had square-topped fenders, flat, like a table. The Sireno was mounted about a foot-back from the single round headlamp on the driver-engineer's-side front fender. You can see above in the description of the No. 11 Sireno, they supply it with a 'running-board bracket.' As higher-hz sounds are narrow-directional, mounting it on your running board would send the soundwaves towards the rear of your front fender, unless you pointed the Sireno obliquely, to the open-side. However, mounting it on-top of that wide, flat-topped front fender, that sound broadcasts directly-ahead, and serves fair warning that an emergency vehicle is approaching, because after-all, the Good Humor truck doesn't make noise like-that.

Last edited:
Went out to my garage this morning. Was gonna break out the Toro. And mow the yard.But in order to mow.I had to move the vmax. So I fired up the vmax. Pulled it out of the garage. When my wife comes up to me. And says " it's to hot to mow.you should go take the vmax out.
Well don't need to tell me twice.150 miles later. I'm at one with the world .Another great day to own a Vmax.

Putting a set of almost new handle bars on the Lil' Boss. The mirrors on the 85' V65 project look really nice. May end up putting them on there too. Waiting on other parts to get it out and about. Cranked it up yesterday and ran very well. Didn't even hear any clanking noise from the Starter Clutch.....👏

Went out to my garage this morning. Was gonna break out the Toro. And mow the yard.But in order to mow.I had to move the vmax. So I fired up the vmax. Pulled it out of the garage. When my wife comes up to me. And says " it's to hot to mow.you should go take the vmax out.
Well don't need to tell me twice.150 miles later. I'm at one with the world .Another great day to own a Vmax.
After working a few hours this morning and taking care of the exterminator the wife knew what the rest of the day was for, about 170 miles for me. 😎

Step 1, removing muffler for a middle gear inspection. No center stand with the Kerker so using some thick bolts through muffler holes along with jack stands….which is where the rear pegs go since I have rearsets.

tempted to piss off neighbors and start it up.

BE1AC81E-DFFB-4359-92C7-3E0E7E149F64.jpeg

It probably sounds like a slightly more-coarse version of a UFO Dragstar, like that. Wear ear protection! And, don't forget to video it.
Yeah, last time I did something like this was for stock headers and removed Supertrapp slip-ons. But, I think I removed the Kerker baffle before and ran it to lose any old packing. :)

I haven't started yet but will post vid of it when I do.

Mark

Back