What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pic of Cape Wrath.

View attachment 81505

While looking at info on Cape Wrath, I wondered what sort of topography would be typical of someplace further north, and I researched the Danish territory of the Faroe Islands, 100+ miles north of Cape Wrath. Here is one pic I found, of a frequently rainy, foggy land, which has iconic views of its own.

View attachment 81506

In reading about the Faroes, I read that for a long time, Google Street View ignored the Faroes. A local woman came-up with an ingenious way to capture street views, using certain local occupants of the area. Read about how this was accomplished, certainly 'out of the box.' The Challenges of Surveying the Faroe Islands | GIM International (gim-international.com) This was a 'baaa-d to the bone' idea, and now there are Google Street views of an isolated area not previously mapped in that fashion.
Those are just incredible pictures Brother. Clyde is such a unique name I have always been interested in its origins. So I have known for as long as I can remember that my people are in and around Glasgow just by the River Clydes location and the Last name Porter. So long as the Milk Man didn't catch my grandmother at an opportune time.lol I see life for what it is, just the blink of an eye. Man as in humans in general are not unlike dogs or any other Animal. Hell wasn't All that long ago in the scheme of Time Man was swinging Clubs at each other. I'm not sure how DNA Mapping works but I should be getting the test kit kit this week. Can't wait. Would you have any idea the travel Cost to come there from the U.S?

If everyone want to come and visit these places i’ll collect you all from the airport, we can use my home and vehicles, and head up north.

Hows that for Scottish (and Glaswegian) friendliness. We are all like that here.
Friend you may of very well stumbled upon a Man that is in personal need to come Visit. I say need because the Draw of that Place has been Strong and unwavering. Maybe it's my general Love for history or maybe it's something in my DNA that's calling. I will know in a few weeks for sure with that Heritage test.

Gods Speed brother.

Hell wasn't All that long ago in the scheme of Time Man was swinging Clubs at each other. I'm not sure how DNA Mapping works but I should be getting the test kit kit this week. Can't wait. Would you have any idea the travel Cost to come there from the U.S?
When Rangers play Celtic the clubs come back out 😂

Costs for flights vary allot, but beware internal flights in the UK unless you already know the cost as we can be very expensive, I noticed internal flights in the US were generally good value. But definitely try and get a flight during the day to Glasgow from US as you pass over a couple of islands with whopping views just as the plane starts descending, sit on the left, it’s the only flight I’ve ever been on where the pilot allows everyone to scramble over to see the views as the plane is descending. In fact if I remember right the pilot announces it, think I was coming from New Jersey at the time, but could have been New York or even Toronto.

Let me take a guess in advance of your birthplace, if it can be pinpointed right down to an area, and allot of times it can. I’ll say Govan or very close to that. I say that as your name suggests the River Clyde where a ship launch every week was common, but just before my time (60 years old). Or heading down the Clyde a bit more towards Yoker, these places are older than most areas here, could even be Partick as that was a part of Govan at one time. Anyway for such a small population in Glasgow we have invaded the world, I meet them in some very remote areas at times.

There are some damn beautiful places here, such as where I live across from Pollock House/park and Haggs Castle, then Glasgow Uni grounds and surrounding areas such as Hillhead where allot of people from the isles head to have their weekend drinking sessions. You just need to know where the good places are here in advance of coming.

Hope it works out for you mate, also don’t be surprised if it was the milkman, common occurrence at one time 😂 Infact when I work away, as I’m heading home I always phone my wife and say kick the milkman out I’ll be home tomorrow, she always says, it’s okay I kicked him out this morning. Standard jokes in Glasgow 😂

Oil level check, tire pressure check and battery top off on the Gen 1.
Started it up after sitting for a few weeks and rode it to the next town.

I just finished the Starter Clutch swap and all is good now. This time I replaced the bolts for new ones and changed out the little shafts and small sprockets. The sprockets and shafts were from an later model. The only thing I noticed was that one of the Clutch bolts was bad, I Had not changed them the 1st time. That was probably the culprit...

Last edited:
Drug home another one today . I need to get some stuff out if here my garage is getting full.
Dragging home another 1 stopped to see a buddy in Kentucky for the night back to work after i get home tomorrow
Sharp! And with fwd controls. So….full speed ahead on bigger garage?

Sharp! And with fwd controls. So….full speed ahead on bigger garage?
Don't think the wife is going for a bigger garage. Lol I am gonna have to move some in the back with her Rustang. I worked out of a 1 car garage in Texas and a 2 car in Florida now I have a 38x40 she says I will never be happy. Lol

Back