What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Wayne, can you send some before and after pics, what paint you use and your method?
good morning yes I will try to send them through my gmail. not a cumputer savy guy. I have no before pics . It had been rattle canned before I got it. I used duplicolor ceramic engine/GM -Chrysler low gloss #DE 1634 $8.99@ oreillys. 1 can did the block and side covers, also used dupli color hi fill red primer, it makes it easier to see what you might have missed. this black paint is more like flat with a bit of shine.I was thinking it would be satin like. the best in your search and keep the shinny side up

Nothing Yet, but will be giving it a deep clean later this afternoon. I haven’t been riding it, but it still got dirty. How are you ask? Well…

Rats in the shop! I hate f’ing rats.

Went for years never had one out there. Made the mistake of storing some of the scratch grain that I feed the chickens in there. I know there are rats in the barn and didn’t want to leave it out there. (This was Against my better judgment). Sort of forgot about the bag back in a corner and began to notice turds on the benches and unexplained dirt/filth on the motorcycles, knowing that I had put them away clean.

Then I discovered the bag of grain. One small hole in the bottom, but like sand in the hourglass, half the bag spilled out all over the floor. The rats have been having a field day. The filth all over the motorcycles is rat #$%* where they’ve been climbing and crawling all over them. It is a mess.

Of course the grain has now been cleared up, but the rats won’t go away. Now they’re chewing all kinds of stuff. I am going medieval on them. The most barbaric traps known to man are deployed with tasty morsels scattered around them. One down and an unknown number left.

Attachments

• DSCF6430.JPG
    DSCF6430.JPG
    254 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF6431.JPG
    DSCF6431.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF6432.JPG
    DSCF6432.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF6434.JPG
    DSCF6434.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF6433.JPG
    DSCF6433.JPG
    287.5 KB · Views: 23
Nothing Yet, but will be giving it a deep clean later this afternoon. I haven’t been riding it, but it still got dirty. How are you ask? Well…

Rats in the shop! I hate f’ing rats.

Went for years never had one out there. Made the mistake of storing some of the scratch grain that I feed the chickens in there. I know there are rats in the barn and didn’t want to leave it out there. (This was Against my better judgment). Sort of forgot about the bag back in a corner and began to notice turds on the benches and unexplained dirt/filth on the motorcycles, knowing that I had put them away clean.

Then I discovered the bag of grain. One small hole in the bottom, but like sand in the hourglass, half the bag spilled out all over the floor. The rats have been having a field day. The filth all over the motorcycles is rat #$%* where they’ve been climbing and crawling all over them. It is a mess.

Of course the grain has now been cleared up, but the rats won’t go away. Now they’re chewing all kinds of stuff. I am going medieval on them. The most barbaric traps known to man are deployed with tasty morsels scattered around them. One down and an unknown number left.
I had mice getting into my dog food, which I had left sitting on the ground in the garage. Same thing...noticing mouse turds behind the refrigerator in the garage and then I found it...picked up a bag to dump into the container I use and a hole chewed through a bottom corner of the bag and kibble spilling out.

So snap traps baited with peanut butter, snap traps baited with dog food, snap traps baited with a special mouse 'attractant', traps baited with mouse poison, D-Con traps, small containers of a food they eat that makes them stop drinking and they 'mummify', cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil, sonic repellents, an LED 'disco light' timed to go off at random times to 'chase them away, and the most effective of them all, sticky traps placed where I could see the path they followed the most. It was a like a rodent war zone in my garage.

Finally got all of the little bastards and haven't seen one in about a year now and I now store my dog food bags in an airtight container with a locking lid.

They're a pain in the ass and hard to get rid of and they crap and pee on everything...

I had mice getting into my dog food, which I had left sitting on the ground in the garage. Same thing...noticing mouse turds behind the refrigerator in the garage and then I found it...picked up a bag to dump into the container I use and a hole chewed through a bottom corner of the bag and kibble spilling out.

So snap traps baited with peanut butter, snap traps baited with dog food, snap traps baited with a special mouse 'attractant', traps baited with mouse poison, D-Con traps, small containers of a food they eat that makes them stop drinking and they 'mummify', cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil, sonic repellents, an LED 'disco light' timed to go off at random times to 'chase them away, and the most effective of them all, sticky traps placed where I could see the path they followed the most. It was a like a rodent war zone in my garage.

Finally got all of the little bastards and haven't seen one in about a year now and I now store my dog food bags in an airtight container with a locking lid.

They're a pain in the ass and hard to get rid of and they crap and pee on everything...
If your pets don't hang out in the garage, there's no need to go all nasty with traps. Just buy some of this poison. You're supposed to put them in bait traps and all, but I found that never worked. I just laid them out around the garage floor. Put one in each corner, one about half way along each wall, one under the riding mower, and one under the Vmax. Over the span of about a week, it all vanished. They all died. ALL OF THEM.

Apparently they would eat their fill and go back home and tell the others. Then they would come and eat their fill, etc.

I've not seen a mouse since and that was just over three years ago.

Cases split. Nothing looks off so far. Did find out engine has Boss 79 mm pistons so looks to be a 1300. Explains why best rwhp on dyno was 133.

Attachments

• 73428361-518F-4911-BE76-865F6FE52F30.jpeg
    73428361-518F-4911-BE76-865F6FE52F30.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 14
  • EF336E8A-999C-461C-90AC-2C09D9636481.jpeg
    EF336E8A-999C-461C-90AC-2C09D9636481.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 7028E850-F9B7-4BE3-B78C-7BE87078BC59.jpeg
    7028E850-F9B7-4BE3-B78C-7BE87078BC59.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 14
A bit off topic, but at the same time on topic. Sort of.

I went to Amazon to order a new pair of inserts for my house shoes. While there, I needed some new wiper blades for my car, so I typed in "wiper blades for my car".

Good to see Amazon is on the ball as always:

Wipers for Vmax.jpg

Okayyyy... The starter clutch clattering is back and getting back to it's normal noisy starts. New Starter Clutch installed, 2nd time. This time swapped out the 2 small shafts and sprockets too. New bolts torqued and peened. Starter itself had been changed also. Battery shows good and stays fine on Trickle. Thinking maybe buying a new Battery...? Any ideas guys?

Okayyyy... The starter clutch clattering is back and getting back to it's normal noisy starts. New Starter Clutch installed, 2nd time. This time swapped out the 2 small shafts and sprockets too. New bolts torqued and peened. Starter itself had been changed also. Battery shows good and stays fine on Trickle. Thinking maybe buying a new Battery...? Any ideas guys?
Need to check your voltage while you are starting it and see if it has a significant draw. Also the gear that the clutch mates to the bushing on it could be worn to much they won't even change them at the dealer without changing that gear .

Need to check your voltage while you are starting it and see if it has a significant draw. Also the gear that the clutch mates to the bushing on it could be worn to much they won't even change them at the dealer without changing that gear .
Will do and could you send me a picture of that gear, please. I'm looking at diagrams of the starter clutch but not sure which gear you're talking about. If it's the largest gear shown, I checked and saw no wear.

Thank You

Will do and could you send me a picture of that gear, please. I'm looking at diagrams of the starter clutch but not sure which gear you're talking about. If it's the largest gear shown, I checked and saw no wear.

Thank You
I can get pictures in the morning but it is the large gear that goes directly against the starter clutch that the rollers run against.

Cases split. Nothing looks off so far. Did find out engine has Boss 79 mm pistons so looks to be a 1300. Explains why best rwhp on dyno was 133.
Get close up pictures of the mating gear dogs. Examples attached of various damage to look for

Attachments

• Rounded Dogs fifth to 2nd gear.jpg
    Rounded Dogs fifth to 2nd gear.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Chipped Gear.jpg
    Chipped Gear.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Damaged Drum.jpg
    Damaged Drum.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Dogs Rounded.jpg
    Dogs Rounded.jpg