What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nothing. ordered mikes master cylinders.

my brother drew this up quick. i like it!

Attachments

• 20049_510850222923_302200268_324313_7931590_n[1].jpg
    20049_510850222923_302200268_324313_7931590_n[1].jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 34
haven`t done nothing for over a month , the back is still a mess.:bang head:
Going to see a ortho surgeon tomorrow and I`ll bet that he`s just as bad as the last doctor was(damn workmans comp).:damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:
<<Dave>>:punk:

Vmax626.......good luck and get better.......back problems SUCK.......

Gamorg.........nice picture!!!!!!!

I went out and started mine today..........

Snapped the key on.........waited for the fuel pump......let it sit on, but not running for a minute......

Put on the choke........touch the start button.....

VROOOOOOOOM........

The car I drive everyday doesn't start that well......and the bike has been sitting untouched for over 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

I think it KNOWS spring is coming:eusa_dance:

haven`t done nothing for over a month , the back is still a mess.:bang head:
Going to see a ortho surgeon tomorrow and I`ll bet that he`s just as bad as the last doctor was(damn workmans comp).:damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:

Sorry to hear that, Dave...back problems sure do suk!!

Hope it turns around soon. :punk:

My new "custom" made Morley notched and braced swing arm, and my Galfer black w/red ends, braided front brake lines arrived today. Now off to the powdercoater to get the arm coated.
then tomorrow start the install of the R1 calipers and Galfer lines.:eusa_dance:

just called kosman. damnit bill. damn you! didn't order anything but now I have ideas.

Sorry to hear that, Dave...back problems sure do suk!!

Hope it turns around soon. :punk:
Thanks Dan,but now I have a dilema...,
The claims adjuster called me today and told me that they are willing to cut me a check for $5,000 to buy out my claim because the doctor that I will see tomorrow is probably a quack like my first doctor and with the money I will be able to see my own doctor or a chiropractor (which is what I think I really need anyway) but the catch is , is that I will have to sign a resignation paper from my agency and go work for someone else but, I feel that if or when the doctor releases me to work again , that out of fear my agency will black ball me and will tell me that they have no work for me.
Man I`m confused.:ummm::confused2::ummm:

Vmax626.......good luck and get better.......back problems SUCK.......

Gamorg.........nice picture!!!!!!!

I went out and started mine today..........

Snapped the key on.........waited for the fuel pump......let it sit on, but not running for a minute......

Put on the choke........touch the start button.....

VROOOOOOOOM........

The car I drive everyday doesn't start that well......and the bike has been sitting untouched for over 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

I think it KNOWS spring is coming:eusa_dance:
Thanx a mil. Boomer, I really the thought.
Take care,

Thanks Dan,but now I have a dilema...,
The claims adjuster called me today and told me that they are willing to cut me a check for $5,000 to buy out my claim because the doctor that I will see tomorrow is probably a quack like my first doctor and with the money I will be able to see my own doctor or a chiropractor (which is what I think I really need anyway) but the catch is , is that I will have to sign a resignation paper from my agency and go work for someone else but, I feel that if or when the doctor releases me to work again , that out of fear my agency will black ball me and will tell me that they have no work for me.
Man I`m confused.:ummm::confused2::ummm:

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!

$5000.00 does not go very far with a back issue that can last forever.....

Insurance companies and employers would LOVE people to sign their rights away.....and they will do ANYTHING to get you off their books....

Look up the Americans with Disabilities Act.....some of that may apply.....

Just my opinion.....but DON'T SIGN AWAY ANYTHING.......OR RELEASE THEM FROM ANY OF THEIR OBLIGATIONS TO YOU.......

If you feel you need different treatment options or are being treated unfairly you have avenues for that.......

Educate yourself on your options......DON'T sign anything......Especially without consulting a lawyer......

$0.02 deposited

+1 dont sign yet, money up front sounds good but you could need more for therapy or missed work later. they want to get out of whats owed to you so dont settle just yet.

Get a lawyer , and get one now. Back injuries may never go away completely. As long as you are under the care of a dr. and he writes down that you are unable to perform your work duties, the ins. co. has to keep paying you weekly, and paying your medical bills. It is in their interest to get you to one of their doctors. They get so much business from the ins. company , they are well known in the lawyer circles as leaning toward the ins. co. and attempt to get you back to work a.s.a.p., sometimes before you can actually do the work. Until an orthopedic dr. writes down a permanent partial disability % to your back or whole body, and you and your lawyer agree, do not sign anything fron the ins. co. W.C. sucks as most states don't allow you to sue and get the case in front of a jury of your peers ( where the big $ lives ). Most w.c. cases are tried in front of a judge who may or may not beleive your case. Most everything is settled on what your orthopod writes down , ( not tells you personally ). Appeals are difficult if you don't get a good settlement, and you don't want to represent yourself as you have no idea what your claim is worth. Get a personal injury attorney , preferably one who has tried w.c. cases and has a good record of winning. You can go to the state bar association for referrals. .04 cents worth from one who has been in the business.

i just realized u were in columbia. we have a development team down there for EMC.

Just synced by carbs as its gonna be another beautiful blue skied day tomorrow so im gonna head up towards the east coast of NZ . Also got an email saying my progressive fork springs are on its way , :punk:

Did some maintenance and went to fill up the fournales rear shocks and a geyser of blue oil shot out so I've come to the conclusion that they are f#$%^& and so I put the originals back on and went for a ride.Seemed to handle ok but I think I will get a pair of progressives or hagon shocks if I can find them at a good price.Ikon want $717 for their shocks which I think is pretty outrageous .Time to hit ebay.Cheers Kevman

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!

$5000.00 does not go very far with a back issue that can last forever.....

Insurance companies and employers would LOVE people to sign their rights away.....and they will do ANYTHING to get you off their books....

Look up the Americans with Disabilities Act.....some of that may apply.....

Just my opinion.....but DON'T SIGN AWAY ANYTHING.......OR RELEASE THEM FROM ANY OF THEIR OBLIGATIONS TO YOU.......

If you feel you need different treatment options or are being treated unfairly you have avenues for that.......

Educate yourself on your options......DON'T sign anything......Especially without consulting a lawyer......

$0.02 deposited

+1 dont sign yet, money up front sounds good but you could need more for therapy or missed work later. they want to get out of whats owed to you so dont settle just yet.

Get a lawyer , and get one now. Back injuries may never go away completely. As long as you are under the care of a dr. and he writes down that you are unable to perform your work duties, the ins. co. has to keep paying you weekly, and paying your medical bills. It is in their interest to get you to one of their doctors. They get so much business from the ins. company , they are well known in the lawyer circles as leaning toward the ins. co. and attempt to get you back to work a.s.a.p., sometimes before you can actually do the work. Until an orthopedic dr. writes down a permanent partial disability % to your back or whole body, and you and your lawyer agree, do not sign anything fron the ins. co. W.C. sucks as most states don't allow you to sue and get the case in front of a jury of your peers ( where the big $ lives ). Most w.c. cases are tried in front of a judge who may or may not beleive your case. Most everything is settled on what your orthopod writes down , ( not tells you personally ). Appeals are difficult if you don't get a good settlement, and you don't want to represent yourself as you have no idea what your claim is worth. Get a personal injury attorney , preferably one who has tried w.c. cases and has a good record of winning. You can go to the state bar association for referrals. .04 cents worth from one who has been in the business.

Dave, These guys are right on the money! Don't settle, $5K won't be anything down the road.
Also get 2nd, 3rd & 4th opinions before deciding on back surgery, and then only as a very last resort!

hope everything works out dave.

as far as my vmax. gotta do a few things then hoping to take her out for a short jaunt

put side covers on
put right scoop on
put seat on
put faux cover on
install bar snake
put oil in rear differential
check rear caliper mounting bolts - forgot if i torqued them or not to spec.

Back