What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx alot guys,
I was screwed like that when I wrenched my right knee at work back in "98" so even though they upped it to 6 grand, I wont budge until I get the M.R.I. that the ortho doc ordered. He told me that he wont write a report
until he knows if it`s bad or not, so I`m going to take it easy and do what the doc says (which is prety much nothing LOL) and my girlfriend is a legal assistant for a workmans comp law firm (the ones who are out to prove fraud) but some of the lawyers are good friends and have given me some heads up on what the company is going to try to pull on me so, I yhink I`ll be alright as long as I keep their advice under wrap. (although it was hard to get it because they are supposed to be the bad guys.)

No thread hijacking here, just a big thanks and a lil progress report. Oh, and I started the max and ran some sea foam through it yesterday.
<<Dave>>:punk:

RODE HER!!! 20 miles or so. finally everything back together... the steering head bearings are a little loose stil, had a slight wobble i gotta take care of. have the clutch questions out there, and the barsnake wouldn't go in but aside from that she sgood. gonna have to order a ST-1 barsnake as the ST-2 was too thick.

so left to do is just do a fuel filter and maybe plugs and the clear otec waterpump cover.

here she is almost done..

Attachments

• 2010-02-21 15.10.40.jpg
    2010-02-21 15.10.40.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 2010-02-21 15.10.49.jpg
    2010-02-21 15.10.49.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 2010-02-21 15.10.58.jpg
    2010-02-21 15.10.58.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 2010-02-21 15.11.17.jpg
    2010-02-21 15.11.17.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 34
walked through 8" of snow to the garage and started her up:snow:(only 100 days till the Dragon though)

Last edited:
Good for you & yours Garrett! Vmax looks good:) Take care of those little issues and give it hell.

Bar snakes? Just build your own handle bars out of solid steel. So much better :eusa_dance:

eh i would but the stockers fit me perfectly and i love my bar end mirrors.

also incase anyone is wondering speedbleeders are fucking awesome and the vista cruise works very well!

Turn outs look great Garrett!! :clapping: As does the rest of it!!

thanks danny! i like 'em. sean did a good job.

Bike looks great Garrett...Glad shes back on the road

me and u both man! looks like we're getting snow again soon so i'm glad i got to make sure everything is working now, and get my other shit straightened out.

i may have a barsnake for anyone with some drag bars (or non-OEM bars) with 7/8" OD and less than 3/32" wall thickness for pretty cheap soon.

new battery today,only thing Ive done to her ALL winter,looks like maybe wont have to do starter clutch,still need to hook up with pcw for valve adjustmest,and tweaking of the EFI if hes up to it.

new battery today,only thing Ive done to her ALL winter,looks like maybe wont have to do starter clutch,still need to hook up with pcw for valve adjustmest,and tweaking of the EFI if hes up to it.

i'll probably need mine done end of next year. let me know how much it is and how long it takes eh?

you got it Garret,but i m goinig to try to work out a swap,his work for my wheels or some other parts,all my extra cash is tied up in my project.(if anyone ever has EXTRA cash)

Was working on my electrical last night for my new LED signals to come to realize an entire row of LEDS was out on one of my front signals.......dammit!

Was working on my electrical last night for my new LED signals to come to realize an entire row of LEDS was out on one of my front signals.......dammit!

Had that same problem with a brand new set of LED signals I bought. I tore them apart, poked and prodded and used my mulit meter and found nothing. Put it all back together and it was fine:confused2:

you got it Garret,but i m goinig to try to work out a swap,his work for my wheels or some other parts,all my extra cash is tied up in my project.(if anyone ever has EXTRA cash)

those wheels are worth way more than a valve check/adjust right?

Yesterday I installed my Morley custom braced/notched swingarm and my Venture final drive unit. This is some of his TOP QUALITY custom work, which is matched with his excellent customer service. Thanks Sean.

Attachments

• DSC00977.jpg
    DSC00977.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00980.jpg
    DSC00980.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 43
Thanks Garrett. I am digging the look also. I am slowly getting her blacked out.
Bars, grips, rear brake, shifter, case guards, shocks, grab bar and back rest, flyscreen, turn signals, footpegs.... My PC guy love me.

haha. sounds like i'm about a month ahead of you in my endeavour. you're lucky b/c you have all the triples done already and such.

swing arm looks awesome!!
The credit needs to go to Sean. He made me this custom arm so that it is braced/notched and it will clear the crossover pipe on my Mark's 4-2 exhaust and so I can still have my centerstand. It is top quality work.

Back