What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anyway to pull that off without changing the master?

Iv never taken a stock clutch apart.. But do the two steel rings which my barnett (7 clutch,8 friction) doesnt have, take up some of that slop? And make the clutch softer?

uh u gotta change the master to get a different master.

no idea on the barnett

It's OK Rov....I still got one left.....the fast one!! :rofl_200:

I was gonna Rick, but just got lazy, I have no other excuse.......:worthy:

got lazy or too excited about the new bike? lol thats cool man still sounds like you got a wicked deal :punk:. whens the up close photo shots of your new ride???

gonna swap out the pivot cap covers for some red ones and gotta flush the coolant and change out to a clear water pump cover but aside from that i think i dare say shes just about done. both can wait 'til after a ride this weekend i hope!

no more leaks either so far which is good!

bike looks tough man:punk::punk: good job

Finished the installation of flat braced swingarm and Mark's 4-2 exhaust. Plenty of clearance with the flat brace and Mark's exhaust. Center stand retained. Picture is with bike on center stand.
100_0066.jpg

bike looks tough man:punk::punk: good job

thanks bro.

here's the 95% version. gotta decide about my knee guards and velocity stax as i took them off. hopefully the leak stays away.

Attachments

• 2011-03-05 16.43.01.jpg
    2011-03-05 16.43.01.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 27
rode her like 110/120 miles this weekend. she is running great. the leak is getting less and less, no drips under the bike just some 'wet wires' so i can get it it a bit later on.

got lazy or too excited about the new bike? lol thats cool man still sounds like you got a wicked deal :punk:. whens the up close photo shots of your new ride???

A slight possibility of that too, man!!

Pics will follow as soon as the sun comes out....if it ever does!

thanks bro.

here's the 95% version. gotta decide about my knee guards and velocity stax as i took them off. hopefully the leak stays away.

Looking great Garrett, a touch on the lethal side....very cool!!

Looking great Garrett, a touch on the lethal side....very cool!!

thanks man.

on another note my shift light stopped working. will randomly flash at low RPMs or go off at like 6k. never at the rpms i have set tho, haha. time to re-order a harlan i think.

this is what i did today. based on all of the forum posts, i didn't have any delusions that this mod is in any shape or form comparable to the full up kerker or marks upgrade that my monkey really craves. i kept my expectations realistic as I drilled into the exhausts consoling the monkey that it will have to enjoy these bananas for now until i can afford a proper setup.
the monkey is pleased.
banana.gif

picture.php

Changed oil/filter, gear oil, and mirrors. Waiting for front caliper rebuild kits to arrive and the bike will be ready to roll.

I've done today what I've done every day for the last 4 months, walked past the max parked in my garage longing for the weather to get warmer.

Seems like Rovic had some issues with his too......:ummm:

one of mine never worked from day 1. finally after a few months got a answer from harlan and i sent it back to be looked at. no word if he got it and whats going on, again almost 2 months or so. really like them and want to put the bike back together.

2 seals per piston. can't remember if they come per side or per caliper. morley i'm sure has them and can hook you up.

They come per caliper....I found out the hard way! :biglaugh:

I have an extra rear caliper rebuild kit for sale, bought for my '99, if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Back