What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yesterday I washed the bike at the car wash, and now it's not quite running right...doesn't want to idle. today when I tried to start it, the old, junky battery would barely turn it over, so I took this as an opportunity to finally buy an Odyssey agm battery.

What a difference a good battery makes.

Rode mine into work this morning and traffic was light enough on the interstate to do a couple of 90mph blasts! Damn I love my V Max!

Jester---That's a nice bike and I bet your enjoying the new suspension and rubber!

Mike

Picture 1....9:30 this morning

Picture 2....3:00 this afternoon

I sold Sallymax, got an FJR! :clapping:

ya know danny when i said u should try out FJR masters, this isn't exactly what i meant! there has to be a cheaper way!

haha great looking bike. I'm surprised you didn't swap out for the stock exhaust?

ya know danny when i said u should try out FJR masters, this isn't exactly what i meant! there has to be a cheaper way!

haha great looking bike. I'm surprised you didn't swap out for the stock exhaust?

I was gonna but at the last second I got lazy! :confused2: I did take everything else....windshield, belly-pan and last but not least the black sissybar/backrest!

No worries Mark, he's still has "99 to get his "boost" on!:clapping:
I have to admit that I have been talking with Danny about FJR's as we have had a mutual interest in them. We talked a about them when I stayed a couple extra days after the '10 BR and both were thinking that a "Feejer" would match well with a Vmax.
A few days ago when he told me he found one with a deal that was hard to resist, I knew once he was able to get up close and ride one he would be hooked. Most that own one seem to fall in love with it the more they ride it. I have been a member over at FJR Forum for a year and a half and with any luck I will have a FJR before long too. I'd like to hear what Fargo has to say now that he has owned his for 6 months or so.
Good on ya Danny, I think you've made a great purchase!:thumbs up:

Brian's right Mark-o.....there's still one left, the classic and beautiful '99'....easily as attractive as her namesake! And that is and will always be my favorite ride!

Just thought it might be nice to drag my poor tired ol' ragged-ass body aboard something really comfortable for a change-up....might not be Pittsburgh comfy Mike, but you never know!

The deal kinda fell into my lap....I had to go for it!

I didn't know Fargo had an FJR, did he sell his max?

gonna swap out the pivot cap covers for some red ones and gotta flush the coolant and change out to a clear water pump cover but aside from that i think i dare say shes just about done. both can wait 'til after a ride this weekend i hope!

no more leaks either so far which is good!
i GARRETT , YOUR BIKE LOOKS FUCKING " BAD ASS " ALL BLACKED OUT ! . :punk:

I believe Fargo still has his Max and the FJR. Dan-o, did you tell Sal that you sold the '06?

i GARRETT , YOUR BIKE LOOKS FUCKING " BAD ASS " ALL BLACKED OUT ! . :punk:

Yea it does.:punk:

I just got my new clutch baskets and the barnett installed and working. What surprises me is the distance the clutch master actually lifts the pressure plate. It lifts at least 1/16" gap.. Is there anyway to reduce the throw? Yea I know, dont pull the lever as far.:biglaugh:
I think that the exessive amount of throw would contribute to my touchy clutch feel. Hard to fan, and just locks up hard.

Attachments

• vmaxyup 011.jpg
    vmaxyup 011.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 17
A 14mm master will move less fluid than stock per same amount of lever travel.
Is there anyway to pull that off without changing the master?

Iv never taken a stock clutch apart.. But do the two steel rings which my barnett (7 clutch,8 friction) doesnt have, take up some of that slop? And make the clutch softer?

Latest posts

Back