What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode to work. Stopped for gas and had a Harley rider takes some pics of my headlight with his phone. Nice having Harley riders tell you you have a badass bike. Hail to the MAX.

started cleaning up the clutch master for a rebuild. hope it works or need a newer one if this is too worn. will be accompanied with a new SS line for the clutch. pics to follow if it works.

I've done today what I've done every day for the last 4 months, walked past the max parked in my garage longing for the weather to get warmer.

Todays the day, forecast calls for 65 degrees and sunny clear skies....this baby is rolling out of the garage for a ride today!!!

here are a few pics of the paint job, just gave it a quick spray to clean it up.

Attachments

• IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 19
tugla: very nice work. Better than new....

thanks man, but couldnt leave well alone. gave it another coat today and well, it all lifted. paint wrinkled and i can wipe it off as it i put on paint stripper.....:bang head::bang head: not happy, dam clutch master is killing me. :damn angry:

Well, looks like slow leak of front tire wasn't fixed when shop reinstalled tire and swapped out the valve. Time to take it off (the wheel) and put it in the bath tub!

Guess additional coats should be done thinner and sooner...:ummm:

Good Luck Man....

yup, did most of that last night, about 4 coats, nice and light and even, couldn't believe it, first time and just about perfect,no runs, no finger prints nothing. then i had to get smart and try another.....

Punched out the steering stem bearing races. Yes, the bottom one is a PIA. Thanks to Dan-O for posting the idea of grinding a little recess in the neck a while back. Without him suggesting it I would still be down in the basement trying something stupid, LOL.

Thanks Danny

Punched out the steering stem bearing races. Yes, the bottom one is a PIA. Thanks to Dan-O for posting the idea of grinding a little recess in the neck a while back. Without him suggesting it I would still be down in the basement trying something stupid, LOL.

Thanks Danny

would a blind bearing puller work?

Not sure, never tried one of those. Do they make one big enough to tackle the lower race for the steering bearings? Would the taper on the race be an issue?

I dont really think so on this application. I also have more bearings ordered I am selling these for 33.50 shipped any where in the states they are aftermarket good quality & come with all seals. I sold my last set today but will have more in Tuesday.

Last edited:
finnished my L E D tail light today while at work !

Attachments

• 0312111218.jpg
    0312111218.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 0312111218a.jpg
    0312111218a.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 23
I used one on my xr250 so wasn't sure

Not sure, never tried one of those. Do they make one big enough to tackle the lower race for the steering bearings? Would the taper on the race be an issue?

Makes sense esp if there is no lip to grab.

I dont really think so on this application. I also have more bearings ordered I am selling these for 33.50 shipped any where in the states they are aftermarket nut good quality & come with all seals. I sold my last set today but will have more in Tuesday.

I got it as a gift but I know it was on sale. I think $20. Id get it again for sure, I've used it on wheel and steering bearings.

Are you using one from harbor freight? How much was it? Is it worth buying for just wheel bearings.

Latest posts

Back