What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the same bar we sell for $25 and I could validate that if you had the number on the bar (which are stamped into the area under the grip).

think your right sean it does look like it. still no 30 or 31 inch long drag bar with no rise eh? basically a flanders drag bar, your supplier got anything like that?

You can get the really wide bars if you want from Flanders though they are expensive!

Sean

Just finished Rebuilding the Clutch (I sanded all the clutch plates and installed all new friction plates and a new gasket).
Now It grabs way better than I ever remember.
I'm going to take it out tomorrow for a few hours and put it through it's paces.

Last edited:
Finally drilled out brass plugs and adjusted a/f screws. Instslled a vista cruise control. Thanks Steve O for all your help buddy. It's a lot better but not 100% yet almost. Changed directionals all the way around. And something I haven't done in a while waxed, polished, and cleaned entire bike.

I cut my RED R/R wire just below the connection and crimped in a 12 Ga. /30A inline fuse to the + side of the Battery and my Voltage went from 12.6 - 12.8 @ Idle to 13.5 - 13.6 @ Idle and 1.35-13.6 @ 2500 to 14.3 - 14.4 @ 2500.
I was going to direct wire teh Black R/R Wire but after seeing those Numbers I didn't bother.

I Just Installed my "new to me" SuperTrapp Slip-ons (Thanks Brad for the Pipes and Dale for the Delivery !!!!).
They sound Amazing !
Of course I had to take a quick ride without any pipes on just to keep my neighbors on their toes.

Attachments

• 2000_VMax_ST_Left_Medium.jpg
    2000_VMax_ST_Left_Medium.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 13
  • ST_Left_Close_Small.jpg
    ST_Left_Close_Small.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 2000_VMax_SuperTrapps.mp3
    533 KB · Views: 1
  • ST_Right_Close_Small.jpg
    ST_Right_Close_Small.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Ok this past weekend I started with reassembling my bike. I picked up my motor from Sean Saturday and started the reassembly Saturday evening at my buddies house in Oklahoma City.

Sean's motor build for me consisted of:
Heavy duty oiling
stronger shift sector
undercut transmission
5th gear overdrive
Valve adjust
Awesome paint job

Parts picked up from Sean:
Superbike bars
New grips and bar ends
Solid motor mounts
New Fork seals

Parts powdercoated
Scoops
Back Rest
Swing arm
Brake arm and caliper bracket
Custom radiator cover

Now the wrenchathon began. We worked all Sund and called in to work and burned a vacation day on Monday. After everything was done it was time to take it out for its maiden voyage. My buddies and I left for about a 30 mile ride. No issues at all. I can't say enough about the quality of work Sean did on my motor and is a great guy to deal with. I can"t believe the amount of work we got done this weekend. We also synced the carbs and changed the brakes. :surprise::surprise::surprise:
I now have put 500 miles on it cant believe how good it runs and what it looked like last Friday compared to today. Thanks Eric and Jeff (SLOPOKE) and Sean couldnt have done it without you guys:punk::cheers:

Attachments

• 071611171816.jpg
    071611171816.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 092411114933.jpg
    092411114933.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 100111171130.jpg
    100111171130.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 25
  • rt rear.jpg
    rt rear.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 100111171450.jpg
    100111171450.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 25
Bought my bike last Sunday ... today we changed all the fluids, filters, plugs, etc. and washed her. She runs like a raped ape!!

Ok this past weekend I started with reassembling my bike. I picked up my motor from Sean Saturday and started the reassembly Saturday evening at my buddies house in Oklahoma City.

Sean's motor build for me consisted of:
Heavy duty oiling
stronger shift sector
undercut transmission
5th gear overdrive
Valve adjust
Awesome paint job

Parts picked up from Sean:
Superbike bars
New grips and bar ends
Solid motor mounts
New Fork seals

Parts powdercoated
Scoops
Back Rest
Swing arm
Brake arm and caliper bracket
Custom radiator cover

Now the wrenchathon began. We worked all Sund and called in to work and burned a vacation day on Monday. After everything was done it was time to take it out for its maiden voyage. My buddies and I left for about a 30 mile ride. No issues at all. I can't say enough about the quality of work Sean did on my motor and is a great guy to deal with. I can"t believe the amount of work we got done this weekend. We also synced the carbs and changed the brakes. :surprise::surprise::surprise:
I now have put 500 miles on it cant believe how good it runs and what it looked like last Friday compared to today. Thanks Eric and Jeff (SLOPOKE) and Sean couldnt have done it without you guys:punk::cheers:

amazing indeed how much work was done on that bike last weekend. cant wait to help break her in so to speak :punk:

It's amazing at how much a nice shiny painted engine adds to the overall looks of the bike!

Joshthecake,
Thats exactly the next two mods. I hate the stock ones hopefully in the next couple weeks that will change. Just ran out of time and money last weekend. I think some black mini led turn signals and try to find a better tail light.

I put a 1.25 inch riser that my buddy bought for his Vmax but never installed and then got rid of the bike. It totally changes the feel of the bike along with the starfighter seat now it feels a LOT better especially since I have forward controls. Honestly, that was one of the only things I just thought should have been different stock. Now it feels like a real cruiser and I just like the way I sit up and back just enough. I really didn't think I'd even notice but WOW! it's frickin hard to believe what an 1"1/4 difference makes. It is probably one of the best mods that made it feel how I like to sit on the bike. Ed

Hey All!

Less than a week ago I took my VMax for our first ride!!! Bought a 97 with 23,000 miles for $4400. The guy i bought it from (he was very nice and took wonderful care of his bike) was adament about me not riding it in the rain ever (he only had it in rain twice). There first three days with my VMax it rained like the dickens, but I was out there enjoying my bike! :th_image003:

Today, I took it out yet again. And I will be on it the next five days or so (we'll see how the weather here in PA holds up... It's been absolutely miserable for a long time)

Look forward to many more posts on the Forum!

- Chris

I put on the same riser that CustomMax mentioned in post #3715 last week. It made such a great difference I made a deal with the manufacturer and now offer them on my website. http://www.cycle-istic.com (as soon as I can get the page updated). Price is $79.95 + shipping.

I rode it to school, A nice 25deg morning. I then went and gassed it up (40.9mpg).

Getting ready to change the oil and prep it for storage this weekend. Oct 10th is the day my insurance goes into storage mode.

No more Archangel for 6 months. :wave bye:

Back