What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my bar end lights and they are cool looking (not on bike). Time I got back from running here and there. It was getting dark. I have no light in my garage, so I said I will fire the max up and take hot laps in the neighbourhood, I know my neighbours love me for it. My oldest daughter has a friend over from school and she asked for a ride on the max. She had never been on a motorcycle before so I pulled the Honda out and we rode that around the neighbourhood a few times. Then we hopped on the max. She said "oh my this thing is loud compared to the Honda"; I pulled out onto the street rolling 10 mph popped into second and then gave the max a full drink of fuel and we tore down the street into third I let the max cruise at 75 for a few moments which three times the speed limit in the 'hood'. I asked her if wanted to go again for another lap she said of course this is better than any roller coaster. So we ran around in the hood for a little longer. I pulled the bike back into the driveway and she thanked me for the fun run around the hood. I got both bikes back in to the garage. She as inside before me and she told my wife her bottom was sore from the ride on the max but it was really fun. lol So I will have to work on the max in the morning and get the grips drilled out and the bar end lights in and wired up.

Came home at lunch and rode the Gen II back to work nice sun shinning 35 degreee day! learning how to "flat track it " through the corners.

Today
finished the yamaha R6 left-front calliper aded to front rotor and custumised braket for the back wheel
mecanic goes well
english tonight is;
:ummm::ummm::bang head::bang head:
:biglaugh:
ciaow

Attachments

• DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 29
Spent a few hrs with a flap wheel, some roloc discs, 150 grit paper, misc files, etc trying to start smoothing the differential. I found that sand paper works best but takes forver. The file is great for big lumps and shaping. Not sure I have the patience to polish this thing.

Stripped the paint from the rear wheel. Gotta get that needle bearing out and polish the lips.

Got out for a good 200 mile ride, did MT. Palomar and loved the feel of the new Drag bars and risers I put on after my tip over incident. Glad I reset the forks in the triple trees, no wobbles at 140+ mph I did briefly on the straights to make sure everything was good in the steering.

I got very lucky to make it all the way home. Mid way through the ride I felt my clutch lever getting really sloppy and loose. When I got home I loosened the nut and bolt to the clutch perch lever and a big chunk of the perch fell off....
Brokenclutchperch.jpg

When the bike tipped over it broke the lever and must've hit hard enough to crack the aluminum perch, with it being black I did not see it. The bolt and screw were the only thing holding the lever on.

I found a new OEM Master Clutch Cylinder Assembly and a re-build kit for it at Motosport.com for $140 and ordered it. Just happy I got home and can't believe how lucky I was not to get stranded on an East San Diego County road. I Also made sure my AMA membership is up to date in case I ever need roadside / tow assistance.

" When I got home I loosened the nut and bolt to the clutch perch lever and a big chunk of the perch fell off....
When the bike tipped over it broke the lever and must've hit hard enough to crack the aluminum perch, with it being black I did not see it. The bolt and screw were the only thing holding the lever on.
"

One of my little worries when touring, Chief. I carry the OEM levers as spares, but a few years ago I installed shorter levers (about 25mm shorter).
In the event of a tip, the bar ends will hit first, hopefully saving the lever and/or MC mount from damage. In any event, I've always found the most comfortable hand position to be as narrow as possible on the bars, so that the extra length of the stock levers is useless......that is, unless you fancy "streamers". But that's another story.......................
Cheers!

Attachments

• P1010770.jpg
    P1010770.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 23
  • P1010774.jpg
    P1010774.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 22
Pics of some winter mods:

R1 Calipers
Wavy rotors
Stainless Brake and clutch lines
Nissin Brake and clutch master
Bar end mirrors
WR's rearsets

Attachments

• 100_0125.jpg
    100_0125.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_0136.jpg
    100_0136.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_0131.jpg
    100_0131.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 34
Speaking of IXIL, that new vid you posted sounds pretty wicked.

Pics of some winter mods:

R1 Calipers
Wavy rotors
Stainless Brake and clutch lines
Nissin Brake and clutch master
Bar end mirrors
WR's rearsets

What's your windshield. I don't think i've seen that one before. looks sharp:punk:

Paired it jet black chrome magazine scoops powder coated the stock scoots with polished stainless scoops

Painted it jet black chrome maga scoops powder coated the stock scoops with polished stainless scoops inserts

What's your windshield. I don't think i've seen that one before. looks sharp:punk:

It's a GIVI A210. It's mounted to a 7 inch headlight, from Exactrep. I also relocated the signals to the headlight mounts.

Well today I got the Corbin seat from Sean, placed that on and then I installed an override switch for the cooling fan. Tomorrow I am going to finish the bar ends and new grips.

Waiting for my new Clutch Master Cylinder to show up so I really did not do anything to my VMax today but look at it and lust for a ride. I did find a pic of me & the VMax on Mt. Palomar on the ride I did Sat.
AarononMTPalomar.jpg

It would be a blast to get a group of Vmax'es together for a run up the Mountain sometime (let me know guys). The guy who took the pic is always there on weekends and you can buy the pics from him.

Back