What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A thread: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=286346#post286346
attachment.php

Can you post a photo of your install? I'm still looking for a good location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• iphone pictures 6-26-2014 701.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 701.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 160
Swingarm and stock exhaust are back on my VMax as of yesterday. I can smell Spring coming!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I noticed that 2 of the three bolts that hold the rear fender had fallen away, leaving only the single right bolt, which was loose. My rear fender was only a few days from falling off!

I decided this would be a good time to install the new carbon fiber piece, along with matching tank/airbox cover. While there I installed new signals, and Sean's reflector brakelight (and a new fuse lol). Now that the steel tank/airbox cover and steel rear fender support are gone, there's even less weight. The license plate bracket is held on with black zip ties for now until I find a better solution. It's secure, but a bit loose. It's got the look I've been shooting for. Now I need to figure out how to make a bracket that will give the look, but without the ties! lol

epol0o.jpg
2hq4jdi.jpg

The license plate bracket is held on with black zip ties for now until I find a better solution. It's secure, but a bit loose. It's got the look I've been shooting for. Now I need to figure out how to make a bracket that will give the look, but without the ties! lol

I mounted my license plate with 2 pieces of aluminum flat bar 3/4" wide x 1/8" thick.

I bent the flat bars at an obtuse angle. Drilled holes in the bar to accept license plate bolts. Drilled one hole on the other end to bolt to the fender. The OEM fender has M6 Phillips head screws just under the duck bill to secure it to the metal inner fender. I removed the metal inner portion and just attached the flat bar with these 2 screws. I added a cheap license plate frame to make it look a bit more finished.

I've had it this way for 5 years or so with no issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo17Yav6yfI&feature=player_embedded

I noticed that 2 of the three bolts that hold the rear fender had fallen away, leaving only the single right bolt, which was loose. My rear fender was only a few days from falling off!

I decided this would be a good time to install the new carbon fiber piece, along with matching tank/airbox cover. While there I installed new signals, and Sean's reflector brakelight (and a new fuse lol). Now that the steel tank/airbox cover and steel rear fender support are gone, there's even less weight. The license plate bracket is held on with black zip ties for now until I find a better solution. It's secure, but a bit loose. It's got the look I've been shooting for. Now I need to figure out how to make a bracket that will give the look, but without the ties! lol

Looks good, and with the "3rd" brake light, people can see you better now.

I polished the outer fork tubes and installed my new carbon fiber front fender. Before and after pics attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 30
So, I took one of these plugs:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457223519.395931.jpg

Put it in the lathe, faced it, drilled it and tapped it for a M10x1.25 helicoil. Then I polished it a little:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457223610.715929.jpg

All so I could make this happen:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457223643.266809.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the back wheel off, removed the tire and bearings.

Found that all the dampers are foo bared, so in the process of removing them. Then will have the paint stripped and powder coated black.

Also, I will be taking a few more parts off to get them powder coated black.

Next is to decide on whether to get the body work painted, thinking a blood red colour or buy the Tyga carbon fibre body set.

Mike

Rebuilt the leaking clutch master cylinder...reservoir was full of black sludge. Hopefully the slave cylinder keeps working!

I put on throttlemeisters. They are a combination bar weight, and throttle lock.

http://throttlemeister.com/app/inventoryapp/yamaha/inventory_view/88-0-344-1.html

I also put on a new front tire. I had bought 2 BT-016's last year, and I also changed the brake master cylinder out. The old one was gets getting faded, and paint was chipping off. To me, you can have a nice looking bike, but if the MC's look bad, it just ruins the look.

Attachments

• 20160305_183150[1].jpg
    20160305_183150[1].jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20160305_183204[1].jpg
    20160305_183204[1].jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20160305_183442[1].jpg
    20160305_183442[1].jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20160305_183455[1].jpg
    20160305_183455[1].jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 29
Started working on getting my other Holeshot put back together... only took an hour of searching before i realized the outlet cap was still in a bag on my workbench from taking it to work to clean up the edges a little, and now i cant find my damn shears to trim the insulation... :bang head:

Not that I don't know better. But after fooling with my defective battery, it's time to do the starter clutch again. I sprung for the 6 roller expensive set up. I should have it in 5 days.The stator will get upgraded to the Venture one that's gathering dust.

Back