What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I go to raise my forks back to stock, loosen all the bolts......SLAM the whole thing drops all the way to the fork guards.

Mental checklist. Centerstand? Nope. Jack under bike? nope.

Chain hoist to unfuck this with? Nope.

Shit.

So ATM I have the whole mess balanced unsteadily in the garage while one of my friends gets over here with a chain. I'm goddam brilliant.

There's a DOH! award if ever I saw one... :rofl_200:

Today I had to do the Tampa-Orlando I4 ride to work. Woke up and it's PISSING down :bang head: (those of ya who've been to FL know about the kinda tropical rain we get here..)

90 miles in a total deluge! The MotoBoss rain jacket and trousers I recently bought for $30 did a great job. :biglaugh: The 'waterproof' MotoBoss gloves did not. :damn angry:Also I can't quite close the jacket's neck fully cos my leather jacket's neck's too big so I ended up with the whole front of my shirt drenched..:confused2:

Them' gloves were just like sponges by the time I arrived - they're going back to those stealers for sure tomorrow - I wanna a full refund. Anyone has any recommendation for REALLY waterproof gloves? :ummm:

But the worse thing was those POS Harley boots I bought earlier this year. These things are total rubbish! Just as spongy as the gloves - my feet were in 2 inches of water within 40 miles of Trampa.. :damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:

And of course, within about 10mns of arriving, the rain stopped and the sun came out :worthy:

I really like Morley's superbike bars.
I've gone two years trying out other people's bars. I had the sportmax bars on for a while till they got bent. Then I went back to stock bars. Kept trying out other's drag bars, but was never really happy with the drag bars.
But with the Superbike Bars, I'm totally happy.
I think I am going to shorten them up about 1/2 an inch though.

Today I had to do the Tampa-Orlando I4 ride to work. Woke up and it's PISSING down :bang head: (those of ya who've been to FL know about the kinda tropical rain we get here..)

90 miles in a total deluge! The MotoBoss rain jacket and trousers I recently bought for $30 did a great job. :biglaugh: The 'waterproof' MotoBoss gloves did not. :damn angry:Also I can't quite close the jacket's neck fully cos my leather jacket's neck's too big so I ended up with the whole front of my shirt drenched..:confused2:

Them' gloves were just like sponges by the time I arrived - they're going back to those stealers for sure tomorrow - I wanna a full refund. Anyone has any recommendation for REALLY waterproof gloves? :ummm:

But the worse thing was those POS Harley boots I bought earlier this year. These things are total rubbish! Just as spongy as the gloves - my feet were in 2 inches of water within 40 miles of Trampa.. :damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:

And of course, within about 10mns of arriving, the rain stopped and the sun came out :worthy:

Buy some actual riding boots. Alpine star is what I have.

Did you look at www.aerostich.com for products. REAL bikers wear their stuff.

Todays project, putting the front signals inside the scoops. I was really tired of looking at em.

Getting them mounted and wired was relatively simple, the wiring harness to the headlight that contains your runners and blinkers passes directly beneath the ignition shroud on the right side, slitting it open and pulling back what you need is no chore at all.

On the flip side, while getting them to work visibly is no biggie, getting the precise *effect* I want is a total drag. After playing with different lamps and reflectors all morning, I'm thinking that an LED driver with an acrylic diffuser will be about the only way to get them looking proper, so a bunch of discreet LED's and some potting compound are on my shopping list for tomorrow after work.

An interesting side note. If you wire anything bass-ackwards while making a lighting mod, your 30A main fuse will protect your 15A signal fuse by blowing first, so then you get to take the seat off as well. Fun!

Took one fork leg apart. Finished removing the crap above the valve covers and removed the valve cover bolts. Found 2 stripped screws holding my stator cover on. :damn angry:

I rode mine some more today. Yesterday, before the deluge, I re-adjusted my A/F screws going the other way - from 2 5/8 to only 2 3/8 turns out.

Dunno if that's what made the difference - it could well have been the slower riding in the rain - but the reserve light didn't come on until 105 miles this time. Nice! I think it feels nicer this way too, seems more responsive at lower to mid revs and generally happier all round. I might even lean it a little more to see, seems to be the right way and I guess it makes sense with the K&N..

Also took those crappy (but warm) $30 Motoboss gloves back, and exchanged them for $80 Alpinestars which don't look as good, feel like they may be more waterproof but definitely not as warm. At least they fit better over my aviator jacket cuffs - let's see how they cope next time it rains! Just rode home it's 46 tonite - brrr that's cold for us Floridians, you wouldn't see a cowboy out :rofl_200:

I rode mine some more today. Yesterday, before the deluge, I re-adjusted my A/F screws going the other way - from 2 5/8 to only 2 3/8 turns out.

Dunno if that's what made the difference - it could well have been the slower riding in the rain - but the reserve light didn't come on until 105 miles this time. Nice! I think it feels nicer this way too, seems more responsive at lower to mid revs and generally happier all round. I might even lean it a little more to see, seems to be the right way and I guess it makes sense with the K&N..

Also took those crappy (but warm) $30 Motoboss gloves back, and exchanged them for $80 Alpinestars which don't look as good, feel like they may be more waterproof but definitely not as warm. At least they fit better over my aviator jacket cuffs - let's see how they cope next time it rains! Just rode home it's 46 tonite - brrr that's cold for us Floridians, you wouldn't see a cowboy out :rofl_200:

Hey I resemble that remark mister.... LOL!

I bought a friend for my MAX......a new 2008 Hayabusa!!!!! DAMN!!!!! they look good together!!!!

Took my Kerker 4-2-1 with Scorpion can off my bike, drove down to Parry Sound to meet up with Jim (thevmaxrider) to swap with his HMF exhaust system. I think that HMF will suit my cruiser style bike better and the Kerker with suit Jim's Prostreet/Sportbike style bike better - so overall we are both happy with the swap.

Mike

Dropped my main jets to 147.5. She runs great and I can no longer smell gas just from standing behind it (it was a bit rich...). Seems to have lost a little low end grunt but I'll give a weeks riding to see how overall performance and mileage stack up. Before I was getting 100-110 miles per tank tops.

Got the stripped stator covered screws out today. Thank God for Collet grinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back