What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked mine up off of the ground today after a windstorm knocked both my Max and my Honda over in my shed. Scratched the paint on the left side cover, and the faux tank, and cut the seat open. :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Anyone know off-hand the paint code for a Black and flame '07?

I'm not too worried about the seat, as I am going to send it to Sean Morley in a couple of months anyway.

Dropped my main jets to 147.5. She runs great and I can no longer smell gas just from standing behind it (it was a bit rich...). Seems to have lost a little low end grunt but I'll give a weeks riding to see how overall performance and mileage stack up. Before I was getting 100-110 miles per tank tops.

Keep us updated as to the tests from the carb section so we know where to go from here. Should help in figuring out how to retrieve you low end grunt.
Cheers

I rode mine to work, then back to my room, then to 711 to meet up with 82ndCowboy, and then we both rode to Fridays Sports Grill to meet up with Buster Hymen! :eusa_dance:

Really glad to have met both Robert and Gary - both great guys. Had a good chat over a coupla beers, and I believe both Rob and I were very pleased to have been able to thank Gary in person for this wonderful forum! :punk::punk::punk:

Then I rode Maxine back to Trampa - nice evening it's about 58 degrees (14 C) here. :clapping:

I rode mine to work, then back to my room, then to 711 to meet up with 82ndCowboy, and then we both rode to Fridays Sports Grill to meet up with Buster Hymen! :eusa_dance:

Really glad to have met both Robert and Gary - both great guys. Had a good chat over a coupla beers, and I believe both Rob and I were very pleased to have been able to thank Gary in person for this wonderful forum! :punk::punk::punk:

Then I rode Maxine back to Trampa - nice evening it's about 58 degrees (14 C) here. :clapping:

Hell yeah! Good Times!
Had a Great Night!
Was great meeting both you and the one and only Buster Hymen!
I think he looks like The Fonze. LOL!

:punk::punk::punk:

Lets do it again sometime!
:eusa_dance:

picked up a supposedly slightly used dyna 3000 on ebay last week-it arrived today. it looks like its in pretty good shape, but the dates on the box are from 1990-2001. newest it could be is 01. bike is already stored for the winter so i'll going on faith that its functional. it was only $75.00 so not too bad. i've lost lots more than this before.
my bike is a 97, running a stage 7 setup with hmf full exhaust. what curves would work best? i'm working a deal for some dyno time in the spring for some electrical work. i'd like to be close on the setup needed.

thanks odieoh24

it's freaking 13 degrees in the shop. So, I didn't do a damn thing but replace a bad hose copling on my suburban and get my ass back in the house.

Sean

Ha, right on Sean. I lifted the cover of Max, turned the key a couple of times to get bowls full, put cover back down and ran my cold ass back indoors.

picked up a supposedly slightly used dyna 3000 on ebay last week-it arrived today. it looks like its in pretty good shape, but the dates on the box are from 1990-2001. newest it could be is 01. bike is already stored for the winter so i'll going on faith that its functional. it was only $75.00 so not too bad. i've lost lots more than this before.
my bike is a 97, running a stage 7 setup with hmf full exhaust. what curves would work best? i'm working a deal for some dyno time in the spring for some electrical work. i'd like to be close on the setup needed.

thanks odieoh24
Advance curve 5 with rev.limit @9500 works with my '90.Stage 7, Mark's pipes.Used same settings on my '05,Stage7,W/full Holeshots.

Fitted new rubber. The Metzeler Roadtecs were a good tyre but I was touring when the belt started to show and I couldn't get them when I needed them.

This time I've fitted Pirelli Diablo Strada front 120/50 ZR 17 and back 190/70 ZR 17.

Really pleased with this tyre.

Great grip and the profile allows the bike to corner in a way that feels smooth well balanced and right over the sidewall.

Thumbs up for this set. :thumbs up:

Attachments

• Pirelli Diablo Strada.jpg
    Pirelli Diablo Strada.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 8
Fitted new rubber. The Metzeler Roadtecs were a good tyre but I was touring when the belt started to show and I couldn't get them when I needed them.

This time I've fitted Pirelli Diablo Strada front 120/50 ZR 17 and back 190/70 ZR 17.

Really pleased with this tyre.

Great grip and the profile allows the bike to corner in a way that feels smooth well balanced and right over the sidewall.

Thumbs up for this set. :thumbs up:

what'd u pay for them?

The only good thing about winter is getting to work on your bike without losing riding time. :eusa_dance:

-Drained and flushed the coolant.
-Changed out water pump cover to a clear view.
-Mixed up some high $$$ Red Toyota coolant with extra food coloring for a nice dark red color.
-Filled the system, started it up, topped it off and checked for leaks.
-Also re-installed newly powder coated progressive shocks and footpegs.Thanks for the shock removal tip Chris/4Gasem, but I ended up retrofitting my shock removal tool to make it work.

In addition, a friend of mine that owns a powder coating business is bringing his 88 Max over this weekend. I'm gonna remove a shitload of rough parts like wheels,triple tree,engine covers, forks, etc so he can powder coat them. Also will be replacing the clutch discs and spring. I don't expect on having any major issues. However, if anyone has any pointers on what not to do, I'm always open for comments. :xmas:

Got my Exactrep 'shortie fender,' belly pan and reflector to brake/tail light conversion from Lankee installed. Had some small parts powdercoated-sissy bar, signal lights, mirrors, crash bars, crown & handlebar riser and windsheild brackets. Installed Flanders wide drag bars, lowered Progressive rear shocks (thanks Fargo) and low side mounted license plate.
Picture sucks, I know, but may not be able to get a better one till the glacier receeds! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• Latest changes.jpg
    Latest changes.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 33
Got my Exactrep 'shortie fender,' belly pan and reflector to brake/tail light conversion from Lankee installed. Had some small parts powdercoated-sissy bar, signal lights, mirrors, crash bars, crown & handlebar riser and windsheild brackets. Installed Flanders wide drag bars, lowered Progressive rear shocks (thanks Fargo) and low side mounted license plate.
Picture sucks, I know, but may not be able to get a better one till the glacier receeds! :biglaugh:
Look great Danny! I can't wait until this glacial age retreats for us all too!
Looking forward to looking at the pictures of your new look so I can see more of the new look!:punk:

:confused2:err, you know what I mean!:rofl_200:

Look great Danny! I can't wait until this glacial age retreats for us all too!
Looking forward to looking at the pictures of your new look so I can see more of the new look!:punk:

:confused2:err, you know what I mean!:rofl_200:

Well...........it took a couple reads, but I finally got it! :rofl_200:

Thanks for the compliment. :worthy:

Haven't been doing much to the max lately at all. Took my seat of and sent it to Sean Morley to have it redone.

Other than that, been helping others with their rides. Helped my father in law put a new front wheel on his Dyna the other night. It was a PIA. He just bought a craftsman m/c jack but it wouldn't fit under his frame cause he's almost a midget and had to have his bike slammed to the ground so his feet would touch. The hardest part was finding something suitable to put the tire on to get enough clearance for the jack to fit. He doesn't have much stuff like this laying around. After searching we found a 4" thick cement block and a scrap of wood. Once I got it up on the block the jack slid under. Next problem was that the frame has a 2" metal tab welded to the underneath that's about 6" long. The tab is on one frame rail only so it was trying to jack it uneven. We placed a block of wood on the opposite side to balance it. The next problem was that the jack would hit his kickstand so that had to come off. Once the bike was in the air everything went smooth though. Although found it funny that the harley dealer that installed his chrome caliper cover and his chrome axle covers did not find it necessary to use antisieze on any of these bolts. I though something was gonna break while trying to loosen some of them. And you couldn't remove the front wheel without letting all the air out of the tire. It just would not fit past the bolts that mount the front fender. But other that, no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back