What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Exactrep 'shortie fender,' belly pan and reflector to brake/tail light conversion from Lankee installed. Had some small parts powdercoated-sissy bar, signal lights, mirrors, crash bars, crown & handlebar riser and windsheild brackets. Installed Flanders wide drag bars, lowered Progressive rear shocks (thanks Fargo) and low side mounted license plate.
Picture sucks, I know, but may not be able to get a better one till the glacier receeds! :biglaugh:

Looks good Danny, Getting that ride all pimped out for the Brownie run in the spring aye. Guess I better get busy:biglaugh:

When the weather breaks, Update us with some Pictures.

Chris

Looks good Danny, Getting that ride all pimped out for the Brownie run in the spring aye. Guess I better get busy:biglaugh:

When the weather breaks, Update us with some Pictures.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Yeah, gotta get her lookin' good for the "SBR," don't want to embarass you guys, or worse-be told to ride a half mile behind!! :bang head:

Spring seems a ways away right about now, huh!! :snow::tantrum::snow:

Today I lifted up the cover...turned the key...turned off...put cover back on. Tough day.

Today I got on to ride to work, and instantly the bike felt strange. For starters both mirrors seemed to be a little bit down, and I didn't think either me or my landlady would have bumped them both by the same amount in the garage.. Then there was that very vague handling feeling - I thought yup! - I know what that is.
Checked the rear tire when I got to work and sure enough - big screw head poking out about 1 1/2 for the center! :bang head: Gotta give it to the Shinko - it held up pretty well considering it has almost no air left in it. I went to refill temporarily while I made some calls to find out where to repair - I have to ride 100 miles home today! Doh..

----

So I found this local small bike shop (just spares and repairs) only about a mile from where I work. Finished work early and rode over there - guy said they could do it in less than an hour for $50. Fine I thought - I'll walk to get lunch and come back when ready.

As it was, I got back before they were finished. Good job too - see what happens next!! :damn angry:

Maxine's on a bike workbench, up on a jack with both handlebars ratchet-strapped to the table. As the guy finishes up, he lets her off the jack, so now it's just holding up by the two straps with the front wheel loosely in its holder. Then he lets ALL the pressure off the workbench at once, and as the table goes down a little too quick, the bike tilts, its weight just bends the handlebars and it almost fell on that idiot! I just caught it in time... double DOH@@

Anyway, I bent my bars back up - they should be ok till I replace them (again), and I got my tire repair for free! I am just so glad I was there to catch it - it could've been a hell of a lot worse and this stoopid mechanic could have got badly hurt - I wouldn't want 700lbs of Maxine coming down on me...

Never trust any of them - do the work yourself or be present when someone else tinkers :confused2:

I suppose It's a good thing the mechanic didn't get smooshed by your bike but I think he deserves a knot on his head regardless. Tell me you at least attempted to get the shop to pay for new bars?

Like I said - the tire repair was $50, and I got those bars on fleabay for $35, so we just called it quits. Works for me.

glad u and the bike are ok all things considered man. coulda been a lot worse... definitly would be my mindset afterwards.

Got my Exactrep 'shortie fender,' belly pan and reflector to brake/tail light conversion from Lankee installed. Had some small parts powdercoated-sissy bar, signal lights, mirrors, crash bars, crown & handlebar riser and windsheild brackets. Installed Flanders wide drag bars, lowered Progressive rear shocks (thanks Fargo) and low side mounted license plate.
Picture sucks, I know, but may not be able to get a better one till the glacier receeds! :biglaugh:
LOOKS GREAT ALL BLACKED OUT ! :punk:

Looks tits man! Where'd you score the side mount? I had to fab mine.

On a side note there's a sheet of aluminum diamond plate in my garage that's going to grow up to be a hugger fender if me and this hammer have anything to say about it...

Thanks guys!!

The side mounted bracket came from flea bay, think it was $21. Also got a couple acorn nut LED's to light the plate in an effort to escape the wrath of the gendarmes. :biglaugh:

Not sure how that will turn out. :confused2:

Here's a little better shot of the plate bracket. It prolly needs to be turned up a little, and looks like it hits the plate, but it doesn't.

Attachments

• 100_1153.jpg
    100_1153.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 36
Today I fitted my new Progressive 440 shocks. They look great, and I can't wait to go riding with these on! :eusa_dance:

I also washed Maxine, after a week of on/off rainy weather, it needed it badly.. :clapping:

Attachments

• P1040401.jpg
    P1040401.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 21
  • P1040403.jpg
    P1040403.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 25
  • P1040410.jpg
    P1040410.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 21
  • P1040412.jpg
    P1040412.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 19
Got my HMF headers back from A&A Chrome Plating. They blasted and ceramic coated them gloss black and very good job at a very reasonable price. Installed the exhaust on my max and gotta say they look very nice. No pictures as the bike is in a 4ftX10ft heated storage. Will have to wait until I take it out.

Mike

retorqued the head, per instructions here. At first I thought it had eliminated my decel wobble, but no, it's back. Also put the stock bars back on, can't decide which I like, those or the drags. The drags are better on the freeway, but uncomfortable around own, and vice versa. Mebbe I need to make some transformer bars :p.

Today I wired in a relay for my horns, and it made them a lot louder! I know because at highway speed I couldn't hear them at all before, but now I can - even at 90 mph! :worthy:

I also wired in a relay to manually switch the cooling fan off. It always comes on early because I have a low temp switch, so now I can decide if it should be on or not.

Also rode 100 miles on the new 440 shocks, and I think I like them. Not enough turns in this damn state to really be able to tell, but I think it's handling better/smoother. Seemed to wanna wobble a little at about 120 mph, so maybe I have the spring preloads set a little too high.. :confused2:

Replaced the crapola plastic fill plate in the rear (rear reflector mount) with a polished aluminum copy. and mounted Yankee's tail light mod in it. Looks tits!

Ask and you shall receive.

index.cfm
l_e5001e55b903497298feef3a96533f80.jpg

Love that polished aloooooooominuminumum so much more than the plastic plate.

Anyone want some wheel trinkets for free?

I remember the day I had my front Metzler put on and I saw for the first time the stick on wheel weight.
I WAS NOT a Happy Camper. Matter of fact... A WTF is what came barreling out of my mouth when I saw it.

So I went ahead and splurged the 30 bucks for the Dyna Beads Bike Pack.
Which gave me the applicator bottle, tube and both 1oz and 2oz bags of Dyna Beads.
And after a 5 mile test run up to 90 miles and hour. I am happy with the results.
NO MORE FRIGIN STICK Ons On MY RIMS! :eusa_dance:
The Dyna Beads do exactly what they claim to do. Balance your wheels perfectly with no wheel weights.
The smooth as glass claim... ehhhh... I'm guessing you would have to be riding on surfaces as smooth as glass to have that effect.

I even put them in My Silverado and noticed a difference.

So I definitely give an A+ to Dyna Beads.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

Attachments

• wheel weights.jpg
    wheel weights.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back