What should fit my forks?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Ive been thinking of putting "clip on" handle bars on my Max so I lean over it a bit more,Get a little more use out of my wind screen and look a little less rigid while riding.I dont want to spend $150 buying new ones so does ANYONE know what modern clip on bars will fit the stock fork diameter on an 85 Max? Like R1 bars or somthing? Old discarted clip on bars off of newer bikes are cheap but new ones fitted to my Max are NOT and Im cheap.Any ideas? Anybody done this or know sombody who has that can tell me a little about the effects?

Yea, we have drag bars (which hit the faux tank unless you angle them weird) as well as our superbike bars (with the same pullback as drag bars but a little rise in them).

As far as clip-ons go. Start checking the specs for older sportbikes without the inverted forks. Look for a model that had the same fork Diam as yours (39mm). The R1/GSXR/ZX ect... with inverted are not going to fit. An old FZR may be close depending on the years.

Sean

Heck, I'm not even woke up today. I do believe you are right. 41 for 85-92 and 43 for 93 and up.

Sean

Back