Whats in your CD/MP3 player??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It varies...Godsmack, Green Day, Pantera, Offspring currently.

just about everything except country.

Being a computer geek, I have MP3 players in all four of our regular use cars and the wife and I both have iPods.

Our Jetta has a Phatbox system which is basicly a 20gb HD which is slap full. No matter where we go, we have music, unless we are on the bikes. We both prefer to hear whats around us, but I'll freely admit that I miss my jams on long rides.

I like a lot of different music, but a lot of the time I like to listen to metal bands from the 80s. :th_rockon:

Max01red said:
Great songs..I really like Black Label Society, I just seem to forget about them when I go to buy CD's...I need to correct that..

Was lucky enough to go to thier concert in Auckland in september last year. Mate of mine bought me a ticket and I've been into thier music ever since.

Anne Coulter on CD...Really!

as for my MP3..

Concrete Blonde (my favorite forever) , Jerry Jeff Walker, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johny Cash, David Allan Coe and the rest of the gang.

I don't care for new country tho' it's just poor quality rock with a steel guitar behind it and no soul either...

I also have Dido, Natalie Merchant, Lisa Loeb, Ryan Adams, The Refreshments, Mellisa Etheridge, Chris Issack, Joe Henry, Lightnin Hopkins, John Lee Hooker, Ry Cooder, Eric Johnson, The Hellecasters, Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray of Course, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Mississipi John hurt, Robert Cray, Keb 'Mo, Rory Block..........

Last edited:
If you like Stevie Ray, try Eric Clapton and Robert Johnson. Pink Floyd is in my top 5.....only regret was not ever seeing them live.

maleko89 said:
If you like Stevie Ray, try Eric Clapton and Robert Johnson. Pink Floyd is in my top 5.....only regret was not ever seeing them live.

I saw (and met) Stevie Ray Vohn, in Phily, my boss (at the time) knew him in Memphis(sp?) when they were younger, so we got free tickets and went back stage. it was the last, or second to last show he palyed before the helicopter crash....It was a gret show and he was a very cool guy...may he rest in peace...

I like it all. from metal, rock, bluegrass,to old country, but NO new cuntry, classics like Willie, Waylon, Cash, Coe, Merle, Marley, Clapton, Stevie Ray, Skynard, B.B., Seger, John Lee Hooker, little christian like Third Day, Disciple, Zach Wylde, Ozzie, Metalica (old). I tell ya If you like all types try Hank Williams 3 ( the third ) hank jrs. son. Hes a long hairded tatood wild man. Seen him a few times gets real crazy. goes from a melow hank Sr sound to a rock-a-billy rockin to straight out punk screaming shit all in one nite. You see cowboys mixed with long hairs mixed with freak shows. It kiks arse. Ive seen tons of concerts, used to have hair to middle of my back, but im old now. Best concerts ever are ... OZZY, Willie, ACDC, Maiden, Metallica, Pantera, course Hank3,... sorry so long I loves me music.

The last excellent album Metallica put out was Justice. Unless, Garage Inc is counted.

O ya I forgot Grateful Dead and Floyd both of which I saw in ... uh .. welll .... I cant really remember when but O my goodness did I have fun. people I went with to dead are still talking about it today and it was at least 17 years ago. Damn IM old at 35.

Ok, so we have a very large music diverse group here, which begs me to ask a question.

How many here have an issue with trading music? I'm just curious, not looking to start a fight or anything like that (notice I'm not mentioning my position on it at all). I'm just wondering who thinks it's wrong and who thinks it's alright.

I'll state now, I don't work for any music related industry, the government or anything of the sort.

Calimus said:
Ok, so we have a very large music diverse group here, which begs me to ask a question.

How many here have an issue with trading music? I'm just curious, not looking to start a fight or anything like that (notice I'm not mentioning my position on it at all). I'm just wondering who thinks it's wrong and who thinks it's alright.

I'll state now, I don't work for any music related industry, the government or anything of the sort.

I think sharing songs, or even a CD or two between freinds is Ok....the problem in my opinion comes wehn people start trying to make money off of it without incuding the artist.....but thats just my opinion...

AnD I think Mettalica were a bunch of ****es the way they went after Napster, I mean how much more money do they really need, not to mention when they first started out they encouraged people to take thier concerts,......funny how they wanted bootlegs and word of moth to help them get started, and then changed thier tune once all themoney started rolling in.....I now refer to them as the band formaly known as Mettalica, because as maleko89 said, they haven't put out anything worth a crap since "Justice"....

Ok, sounds like we are all on the same page here then.

If the majority of you are on fast connections, we could put together a waste network. Basicly Waste is a P2P sharing app, but it's a lot different then, limewire and the sort.

It uses PGP encryption, so not just anyone get's in. So it would just be us. I have about 100gb's of files to share, about 40gb of that is music. The rest is in movie files and applications.

If anyone is interested in giving this a shot, let me know. If no one wants to set this up but still wants access to my files, let me know and I'll setup and FTP.

I have about 25 gig worth of wma songs. I have a super-fast connection, about 9 meg download.

I just lost 7000 songs when my hard drive went to shit. I have at least 40 gigs on my buddies comp at work ... I will have to transfer it to home. Give me a bit to get an extra hard drive to hold it all. and what I got, you can have. I believe most moneys goes to tards like Sony anyway, not the artists, they get there money up front. When Im set ill let you know. Give me a bit though i just bought a 250 vid card .. that I need a new power supply to run, so that will be 350$ I have put in the comp. this month. Wife will get pissed if I do another 100$ for a hardrive. But ill "slip" a new one in soon.

Back