whats leaking?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMAG0506.jpg
    IMAG0506.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0507.jpg
    IMAG0507.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 52
drain coolant, no need to drain oil I think, take the waterpump off and put back together with silicone gasket maker
I would replace the elbow o-rings just to be on the safe side

I'd get the oil seal & mechanical seal #7 & #8 also.

You might be tempted to shoot some Krylon on that speckled elbow too! :biglaugh:

Im leaning to what dannymax said... The waterpump casing has a drain hole underneath to let the coolant or oil to drain if either seals #8 and #7 fail respectively. That casing has oil and coolant running on it and those seals are the ones that keep them separate. the impeller shaft comes from the case and has to keep the oil inside it and the coolant on the impeller casing. Im assuming that your #7 seal went sour and is dripping oil onto the "common area" where the drain hole is...

drain coolant, no need to drain oil I think, take the waterpump off and put back together with silicone gasket maker
I would replace the elbow o-rings just to be on the safe side

any reason that over oem gasket?

I'd get the oil seal & mechanical seal #7 & #8 also.

You might be tempted to shoot some Krylon on that speckled elbow too! :biglaugh:

noted and oh yea that was on the list

Im leaning to what dannymax said... The waterpump casing has a drain hole underneath to let the coolant or oil to drain if either seals #8 and #7 fail respectively. That casing has oil and coolant running on it and those seals are the ones that keep them separate. the impeller shaft comes from the case and has to keep the oil inside it and the coolant on the impeller casing. Im assuming that your #7 seal went sour and is dripping oil onto the "common area" where the drain hole is...

well i have seen a few drops of coolant on my pipe from the drain hole, but no oil...

maybe #8 is slowly leaking and the main #18 gasket also has a leak?

also looks like the bearing in there is pretty cheap. figure i should replace that while i'm at it, eh?

Latest posts

Back