wheel wanted

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm Kossman who has been doing wheels for over 20 yrs or a guy who is making wheels in his shed
uhm00000.gif

Isn't that how most vmax part suppliers started, in their garage - in fact, isn't that how Kossman started out also 20 or so years ago - if nobody took a chance on their parts when they first started, than we would not have much aftermarket support for the beloved max.

That's why a forum like this works, by people trying things and then reporting if it works or not - based on experience, not based on bullshit - 3 inch offset - ya ok now

Mike

Yes most aftermarket VMAX parts are started by basement / shed projects.
If you have a choice of a shed made wheel or a company that has built qaulity parts for many yrs.
If you want to be the guinee pig to a shed built wheel taking the chance of a welb breaking or your wheel off centered than horray for you!!

I am just not going to be a guinee pig to a guy from ebay making rims if I have a choice.. And the rim is horrible looking! Sorry I am glad you dont mind it as they say "Aint my ride"

Yea, I was going to get one of his rims. And found out he lived in Mich so I just emailed him to see if I could just pick it up because i also live in Mich and save the shipping cost.(plus it would give me something to do for the day) He would'nt tell me where he lived
and if I wanted one it would have to be shipped. I backed off fast:ummm:

Yea, I was going to get one of his rims. And found out he lived in Mich so I just emailed him to see if I could just pick it up because i also live in Mich and save the shipping cost.(plus it would give me something to do for the day) He would'nt tell me where he lived
and if I wanted one it would have to be shipped. I backed off fast:ummm:

Jeez, that speaks volumes about the guy's stability. Or maybe he's real stable and knows there's a lot of folks pissed at him.............?

Either way, I wouldn't deal with a guy like that either. :jerk it:

Yes most aftermarket VMAX parts are started by basement / shed projects.
If you have a choice of a shed made wheel or a company that has built qaulity parts for many yrs.
If you want to be the guinee pig to a shed built wheel taking the chance of a welb breaking or your wheel off centered than horray for you!!

I am just not going to be a guinee pig to a guy from ebay making rims if I have a choice.. And the rim is horrible looking! Sorry I am glad you dont mind it as they say "Aint my ride"

Alright Yankee, I'm not going to get in a pissing match again with you over this wheel - let's just agree to disagree - all I'm saying is base your posts on facts - and as far as the look - isn't that a personal choice? to each his own

Mike

is there anybody out there who can stand up for this ebay guy, i have been looking for a rim for a long time now he is more than than half the price of anybody else .cant help but be tempted. i live in ireland and the chances of me seeing and comparing his or kosmans or cycleoneoff rims in the flesh are nil.feel like i would be taking a big chance no matter whose rim i choose.

Well, there ya have it Foxx.........

Opinions from both sides..
Hmmm no you cant see my shed where I make these rims....

Hey VMAXRIDER,, Do you have your handlebars offset also:rofl_200:

hey. are you on commission from kosmann?
is there no other engineering firm out there that has the smarts to add and subtract and machine a f**kin piece of alloy.

Do a search in the wheel forum or follow some of the link pages to the vendors.
There are more options available.

No need there Lankee, I know how to ride, and not just in a straight line. That and my Max isn't a frame flexing wobbler with an open sided swingarm either:biglaugh:.

Now back to the thread at hand, Cycle One Off does a wheel conversion that is not offset like most of the wheels out there I do believe.

i think i have tried every link possible, i know there are other options but at the risk of coming across as a cheap skate i hate to be ripped off. i am a fitter turner by trade my brother is a coded welder between us we could do it ourselves. the problem i have is i dont have access to a lathe that will take a 17" rim.im not saying i could produce low cost rims if i had but once you work out the first one its easy.thats why ebay guy sounds like he hasnt been corrupted yet.

http://www.cycleoneoff.com/V-max-wheels.html Call Tom and talk to him. His price is well in line with everyone elses and he does great work!! His wheel is an FZR1000 wheel and is centered up.

thanks been there, he wants $1200 + from me . im a bit pi**ed off about it as i know a guy who walked in off the srteet last year and payed $800. plus same guy claims he has seen toms wheels on ebay for less

That's odd because his website says $850 + core exchange. He may want $1200 then refund the core charge when your wheel shows up, I do not know. I would check again and verify the price.

there is a factory offset and then there are the aftermarket offsets send me your email and ill show you a pic of one that will shock you (and the guy wanted more than a $1000) unfortunatly im a bit of a retard with my laptop and dont know how to get pics from my email onto this site

If you need a core sent I have a VMAX wheel I will send from the states for you if that will save you money.

If you need a core sent I have a VMAX wheel I will send from the states for you if that will save you money.

thanks for the offer much appreciated,but i should have read my emails before last couple of posts, kosman just replied to my enquiry and gave me a reasonable price on modifiying a 17" dymag wheel that i have.so its going in the post as soon as i get it off the bike. just hope the workmanship is as good as i hear or its going to be a long swim across the north atlantic to kick some ass.

Foxx, did you consider a diversion XJ900 rear wheel with a Winks spindle kit. seems to be popular mod in the UK.

Alot of info on it on the vmaxchat site.

Just thought.

Mike

Back