wheelies in 1st gear?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
850-950 FT, That's a hell of a elevation change in just 1/4 mile!! Ain't them tracks usually flat? :biglaugh:

Danny, now that you're getting older, I just wanted to reassure you that life will still be fun as you enter your geriatric years...

GoldwingDoingWheelie-PapaDuc-Barf1.jpg

Danny, now that you're getting older, I just wanted to reassure you that life will still be fun as you enter your geriatric years...

LMAO!! :rofl_200:And THAT's why those G-Wings have slash cuts!! :bang head:

Actually, it kinda looks like that ol' boy didn't quite expect her to climb that high, ya' think he forgot about the extra passenger weight?? :confused2:

Just you guys bring your bikes to Utah and try to pop a wheelie at 6,000 feet..... :bang head:

Well, I've been all over and haven't found anything I couldn't wheelie at. Now going downhill is a lot tougher but I have had no problem with that either. I had my license suspended for not paying a ticket I got at the Eureka Springs Rally a few years back. Seems the cop didn't like me riding down the hill into the old town area past him on one wheel! He was actually pretty cool about it. Of course he did almost ram me from behind since I was already sitting on the side of the road waiting for him.

Sean

GoldwingDoingWheelie-PapaDuc-Barf1.jpg

I love seeing big huge hulking clunker cruisers standing up.... always amazes me...

I haven't had a chance on an 1800 yet but suspect it is photoshopped. The only way I could get either of the wings (1100 and 1500) I tried to come up was to stand on the back pegs and dump it. Even then they didn't come up far.

Sean

I haven't had a chance on an 1800 yet but suspect it is photoshopped. The only way I could get either of the wings (1100 and 1500) I tried to come up was to stand on the back pegs and dump it. Even then they didn't come up far.

Sean

Here's, allegedly, a second shot of the same wheelie:

wheelie2.jpg

Was digging up something else and found this old thread. I was surprised to read that some owners Max's don't wheelie. On a good launch mine carries the front through most of first, then pops again on the shift to second.

The missing element may be.... I'm a fat bastard.

See, if you're a skinny little stick person, you're not putting much of a load on the rear tire, hence, wheelspin. Your solution would be lower rear tire PSI, or more cheeseburgers. :punk:

Sean

Not a photoshop, I could get my wing and my venture up on one wheel pretty easy with a passenger and the bags and trunk full of beer and ice :biglaugh: Here is another dude, I'm sure he has some weight in his bags as well.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=7737366

Last edited:
Ok Ok I am betting that them rear luggage boxes are filled with sand bags.
With all them rear compartments he could put 250 lbs over the rear and plus a 150lb passenger that 400lbs on the rear... BIG DEAL!!

That would be like me putting one of my 300lb burrito swallowing girlfriends on the rear of the VMAX and pulling a wheelie at 55 MPH...

Back