Who's interested in the Clutch lever mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gary u still doing this? whats the going rate? i'd like to have a spare clutch lever done as well, because, well bikes like to tip over and i always like to have spare levers and it sounds like with this mod a stock lever would be useless without fitting it to the new M/C.

gary u still doing this? whats the going rate? i'd like to have a spare clutch lever done as well, because, well bikes like to tip over and i always like to have spare levers and it sounds like with this mod a stock lever would be useless without fitting it to the new M/C.

When I got my first Max I rode up to a 7-11 one night and got off of the bike looking all cool. There was a whole audience of teenagers standing out front. I got about 5 feet away and the bike rolled over on it's side. Very embarrassing, so I always keep a spare myself. The price for the mod is 25.00 plus shipping back your way... you'll need to send me the master and levers of course.

Here's the address

Gary Voisine
29 Avon Drive
East Hartford, Ct 06118

i was lucky i was just as the house so no one saw except maybe a neighbor. sucks in public, ,esp if its at an angle and u gotta get someone to help ya. i was smart tho and remembered to put my kickstand down (as i was trying to get it up on the CS) so it didn't topple back over on the other side.

Gary, price sounds good. can i send it anytime? and then how do you want payment? when you're done so you know the shipping cost or can i just put a few bucks over what it cost me to ship them to ya, plus the $40? paypal or cash in the package?

i was lucky i was just as the house so no one saw except maybe a neighbor. sucks in public, ,esp if its at an angle and u gotta get someone to help ya. i was smart tho and remembered to put my kickstand down (as i was trying to get it up on the CS) so it didn't topple back over on the other side.

Gary, price sounds good. can i send it anytime? and then how do you want payment? when you're done so you know the shipping cost or can i just put a few bucks over what it cost me to ship them to ya, plus the $40? paypal or cash in the package?

Send it any time. You can just send me a check once you get them back your way.

If anyone else is interested in doing this mod. Here's the deal. Send me a check or money order (sick of paypal fees) for $30.00 with the parts. Send your master cylinder and lever assembly. I can also do the the brake side if your interested. If you want both done send $50.00 and both lever assemblies. I'll do the mods and send it back USPS Priority Mail.(US shipping) Shipping back to you is included in the price. I can turn them around in a couple of days. PM me for the shipping price if you don't live in the USA.

Here's the address

Gary Voisine
29 Avon Drive
East Hartford, CT 06118

Gary did the clutch side on my '99 earlier this year and I can tell you, this is a very worthwhile mod!

Yamaha dropped the ball with this set-up, the aluminum lever will wear and get loose & floppy....this mod eliminates that issue completely.

While Gary was doing the lever/master I installed a rebuild kit in the clutch slave. The end result was a 10 yr old clutch working as good or better than a new one.

Thanks again Gary!! :thumbs up:

I'm getting both of my M/C's powder coated on Monday, then getting some new sight glass to install. After I get the rebuild kits installed I'll be sending mine your way Gary. :punk:

Thank You Danny,

Just send them in any time, please give me the heads in a PM when you ship. Make sure you get delivery confirmation, so if anything goes wrong.... we can track them.

sent it off to you today Gary. I sent 2x of my ebay faux 'carbon fiber' levers to do, and also included a stock one just incase they like cracked apart or whatever. so i included $25 for work, plus $15 for extra lever and $10 to ship it back should be good eh?

sent it off to you today Gary. I sent 2x of my ebay faux 'carbon fiber' levers to do, and also included a stock one just incase they like cracked apart or whatever. so i included $25 for work, plus $15 for extra lever and $10 to ship it back should be good eh?

Cool I'll turn it around asap. Did you send the master cylinder or cylinders also?

Cool I'll turn it around asap. Did you send the master cylinder or cylinders also?

yup, its in there.

for some reason i thought i forgot the pivot bolt, but i don't see it here so let me know if its not there

i just want the two carbon fibre levers done for that one m/c (i like having spares). if something happens to those levers then let me know and i'll have u do the stocker, otherwise you can just send it back as is.

thanks gary!

yup, its in there.

for some reason i thought i forgot the pivot bolt, but i don't see it here so let me know if its not there

i just want the two carbon fibre levers done for that one m/c (i like having spares). if something happens to those levers then let me know and i'll have u do the stocker, otherwise you can just send it back as is.

thanks gary!

:thumbs up: Thank You!

Gary,

Just wondering if you got my shipment ok? The tracking # said it arrived, but hadn't heard from ya and the check hadn't been cashed yet. let me know.

-garrett

Hey Gary, are you still doing this or has someone came up witg something else? Kinda new to this site and just found it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Gary, are you still doing this or has someone came up witg something else? Kinda new to this site and just found it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I am sure Sean (one2dmax) can help you out. I know he hooked me up with this setup maybe a year ago.

Back