will 8mm plug wire fit in the stock coils?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvvette97

Reaction score
I thought about getting the 8mm but I didn't know if it was too big to fit in the coils.

The stock wire size is solid core 7mm wire. You can trim the ends of your wires if you wanna go the cheap route, you can get slightly more expensive (less than 10 bucks)and buy standard copper core wire by the foot (the route i went and was very happy with), got mine from
http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc?store_code=CST&screen=PROD&product_code=17509

Or you can go the expensive route and pay for the aftermarket wires and boots which i dont think do anything other than give you more eye candy to look at.

And heres a past post from Wfcall that is really helpful

my recent experience with this when i changed over to Dyna 3000 TCI box and Dynatek coils is this;

If you replace the wires with another solid core wire you MUST use the factory resistance boots.

If you replace the wires with a suppresion wire you can use the factory boots or any aftermarket non-resistance boot.

Some type of suppresion is required or it will throw interference into the TCI box and act like an intermittent "Miss"

Sometimes the aftermarket boots look better which is why I went with them along with suppresion wires.

If you go with aftermarket boots it is a good idea to re-use the rubber collar that fits down low on the factory boot to keep trash out of the hole around the sparkplug or the trash will end up in the cylinder when you pull the plugs.

Latest posts

Back