Wiring at Clutch Lever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick78

Reaction score
I swapped my stock Vmax clutch master and lever for one from a FJR1300 so I could have the adjustability of the lever.

So the switch on the FJ has three prones, but when I looked at the wiring diagram is only showns the same two wires that the Vmax has. Blue and Black. I tried sticking those wires on the switch in several different variations but still nothing when I try to start the bike.

I opened the switch and it looks like all 3 prongs should be used as when the spring slides over as you depress the lever the middle prong does come into play.

I don't have the Vmax switch in hand at the moment so I can't compare.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks
Patrick

No it was down. I was just about to update with that genius information. I installed the FJR master several years ago and I've been just starting the bike in neutral for so long I forgot about the involvement of the side stand in the equation.

Thanks.

Three prongs on the fjr switch.
Common
Normally closed
Normally open

Use a multimeter to test your switch. With the lever pulled, you should read continuity between the common and NO contact. I believe the middle terminal will be unused in your setup. Its been awhile so don't quote me on that.

i can check in a few minutes. if i don't remind me. i forget which two i used offhand.

Back